Yellow | Time to start carrying

We go under a TSA background check every 4 years so that is covered.
It the old days, even stagecoach drivers carried and had guards with them. Someone tell why we can't now with the cargo we carry and the deteriorating social climate these days?
Going back and reliving the glory of the Stagecoach era....blazing guns and all.....is not the answer....Today is a "World away" from that time in history....... If you look at the reality of situation on the highways.....you would see that actual truck hijackings and subsequent theft of cargo is not so widespread and commonplace that it would require the arming of Americas Truckers..... .

I understand your concern for your personal safety....but more guns is just a band-aid solution..... When you have increasing numbers of people that are afraid....and all these scared people are packing heat....I don't think that's the best solution to the problem....It's an ingredient in a recipe for a larger problem over time..... You mentioned " deteriorating social climate"... Arming everyone is not going to make that better.... in much the same manner as adding more traffic to the nations highways is not going to alleviate traffic congestion....it will only make them worse over time......

I have traveled all over the United States during my driving career....and have never had any incidences of any kind that I thought I needed a gun for.....including the time I had a weapon trained on me in a small town south of Albany NY. back in the early 80's... Since, I have traveled throughout Mexico and several Countries in Central and South America.....and I have never felt the need to carry any type of weapon for "safety"........ So from a personal stand point I don't understand the culture of carrying weapons....

But.....always a but you know..... I do understand why some do carry and why...and I do not pretend to know whats best for them.....nor am I against someone carrying a concealed weapon for their self confidence and perceived safety....... I'm only relating my personal experiences and my personal opinions regarding Guns making a society safer...... Ask yourself this, would Society be safer if, magically, all guns disappeared from society...or if the numbers of guns Doubled...or tripled in society?....

Just had a guy in gas station across from hotel threaten to kill me because Cowboys aren't allowed on his turf. Company policy or not this redneck will be carrying from now on. I'm not getting killed because they force us to crappy areas of town to stay
If you had been "carrying" at the time of the incident that you cited.....just how would that have helped you...or made that instance better?... just asking.....

Going back and reliving the glory of the Stagecoach era....blazing guns and all.....is not the answer....Ask yourself this, would Society be safer if, magically, all guns disappeared from society...or if the numbers of guns Doubled...or tripled in society?....

pilot87, first let me say great post, I enjoy reading everything you post. But,... always a but, the Genie is out of the bottle. The firearm has been invented. This thread is about one of our Brothers being threatened by some Gas/Convenience Store Clerk, possibly with mental issues. With that said, it doesn't matter how many firearms Good Guys/Gals have, the problem is how many Bad Boys/Girls have. I have never come home and found that any of my weapons had gotten out of the safe, loaded themselves and went on a rampage.

pilot87, first let me say great post, I enjoy reading everything you post. But,... always a but, the Genie is out of the bottle. The firearm has been invented.

Thank you Sugarfoot..... I appreciate the kind words...... and yes....the "Genie" is out of the bottle...well put......I understand that completely..

This thread is about one of our Brothers being threatened by some Gas/Convenience Store Clerk, possibly with mental issues.
I understand the nature of the thread...It is sad that one of our Teamster Brothers was confronted with an ugly situation....and I would venture to say the guy, no doubt, had some sort of mental issue to make threats like that for no reason...... Sadly we live in an increasingly dangerous world..

With that said, it doesn't matter how many firearms Good Guys/Gals have, the problem is how many Bad Boys/Girls have.I have never come home and found that any of my weapons had gotten out of the safe, loaded themselves and went on a rampage

That is exactly right... I don't disagree at all..... We all have the right to "Bear arms"....and most do so responsibly.... It is the "bad guys" that are the problem... What we have is a "closed loop" as it were, of more "bad guys" with guns.....and then more "good guys" buying more guns to protect themselves from the "bad guys"...a self perpetuating cycle...... Frustrating as it can be.... Which is why I included this statement along with my other remarks... "I do understand why some do carry and why...and I do not pretend to know whats best for them.....nor am I against someone carrying a concealed weapon for their self confidence and perceived safety......."

My question at the end of my previous post was just to illustrate the self perpetuating cycle of more Guns and corresponding cycle of more situations like what, unfortunately, happened to Mr mook....

It's like you said, Sugarfoot, Guns have been invented and there is no going back.... It just seems to me that a constant escalation of the solution for Gun Violence is simply more Guns...is counterproductive to whats actually a real solution.....

I have no problem with people owning guns....none... I don't own any because that is my choice...but I do realize that many people get enjoyment from them..... target shooting etc....

Well anyway... Before I risk becoming more prolixly I'll just let it rest here...lol

Thanks!

so if you had a gun what would of happened ? would of pulled it on some guy for yelling at you ? better yet pulled off a couple warning shots ?

so if you had a gun what would of happened ? would of pulled it on some guy for yelling at you ? better yet pulled off a couple warning shots ?
It amazes me that people that are anti 2nd amendment are the first to take the arms away from the people that would need them the most.
In my town, murders and home break ins were increasing. Then home home owners started to fight back by legally arming themselves. The preps have been shot and killed. Society is rid of them, and the homeowner lives another productive day.

i own 4 .not every dickwad in this country should be carrying . if i thought i needed a gun every time some one raised their voice at me the body count would be in the 1000s . starting with roadway supers

still didnt get an answer to question . guy yells at you .you had a gun . what would be the outcome . are you jailed to brandishing a weapon ? or jailed for murder ? .
then you would be fired no doubt .
what kind of a job do you get being an ex teamster with a weapon violation ?

still didnt get an answer to question . guy yells at you .you had a gun . what would be the outcome . are you jailed to brandishing a weapon ? or jailed for murder ? .
It is called restraint! That is why background checks are mandated. Someone flipping me off is not a reason for pulling out a weapon, no matter how PO'ed I am.

well if you can show restraint than you may not be the guy i would worry about .
how about the 8 0ut 10 that cant

well if you can show restraint than you may not be the guy i would worry about .
how about the 8 0ut 10 that cant
You have it backwards. 8 out of 10 can and do excerise restraint. The other 2 that don't suffer the consequences through the legal system.
So, the two should be the measure for the other 8?
The law is quite clear in the meaning of self defense. There are enough laws on the books now regarding this topic. The event is looked at, and charges, of any,are brought up.

I am a peaceful person. I have a high tolerance for all type of BS. If someone comes to my house with bad intentions, my family and I will not cowar in a corner. We will defend ourselves.

this
HGnXSN2.jpg

next to your bed if you have no children i have no problem with .if you do have children more safety needs to be taken .this
coming into hardies or walmart while im there with my family i do have a problem with
0CwfG4J.jpg

Personally, that would be the safest place to be. LOL

When have you heard of a Gander Mtn being held up?
Yeah, but it scares people, they don't know who you are, friend or foe. I don't believe in open carry. First of all, I don't want anybody to know that I'm armed. Cancelled Carry gives you an edge and time to decide your plan of fight or flight.

It amazes me that people that are anti 2nd amendment are the first to take the arms away from the people that would need them the most.
In my town, murders and home break ins were increasing. Then home home owners started to fight back by legally arming themselves. The preps have been shot and killed. Society is rid of them, and the homeowner lives another productive day.

How did you get that Mr Longblade is "anti second amendment" and he wants to take away your guns????..... He asked a legitimate question of Mr Mook regarding the situation that he (Mook) posted about, as did I.....

Your reply does not in any way provide a proper answer to the question....and furthermore...it was a question that was directed at Mr Mook.......

IF your town is so unsafe that murders and home invasions are such commonplace occurrences... I'd recommend you move to a better location....That would be far safer than quaking under your bed in dreaded fear that someone was going to break in and kill you....

Really...it's okay... you can own a gun....you don't have to try and justify it by making it sound as if it's a necessary part of life...... it's ok......

I bet you don't get an answer either...... I didn't get one either...but that's okay... I think we already know what would have been the outcome...... The same as it was... nothing would have changed...