Yellow | Time to start carrying

You have it backwards. 8 out of 10 can and do excerise restraint. The other 2 that don't suffer the consequences through the legal system.
So, the two should be the measure for the other 8?
The law is quite clear in the meaning of self defense. There are enough laws on the books now regarding this topic. The event is looked at, and charges, of any,are brought up.

I am a peaceful person. I have a high tolerance for all type of BS. If someone comes to my house with bad intentions, my family and I will not cowar in a corner. We will defend ourselves.
Personaly I ABSOLUTLY REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM. If I am in fear for my life or my loved ones you are gonna have a fight, I may not win but there will be a pile in front of me.

Personally, that would be the safest place to be. LOL

When have you heard of a Gander Mtn being held up?

Not for me and my Family....... I don't think that a business full of people carrying weapons because there are all scared and frightened of everyone that they "think" they need a gun to "protect" themselves' That sounds like a scary place to be for me.... in my opinion of course....

Now having a weapon in the home...properly secured in case of children....for security is fine...no problem with that...if that is what makes you feel "safe"...fine....but to have everyone armed in public places.....that's quite another thing.....

probably trying to explain his comments to HR by now. .I guess he doesnt know they watch these board. not hard to figure out how a driver is when you say where you are out of and where you were when .
they tried to find me a few times. i was lucky no one ratted me out . hope he is that lucky too . and the city guy who says he carries too

How did you get that Mr Longblade is "anti second amendment" and he wants to take away your guns????..... He asked a legitimate question of Mr Mook regarding the situation that he (Mook) posted about, as did I.....

Your reply does not in any way provide a proper answer to the question....and furthermore...it was a question that was directed at Mr Mook.......

IF your town is so unsafe that murders and home invasions are such commonplace occurrences... I'd recommend you move to a better location....That would be far safer than quaking under your bed in dreaded fear that someone was going to break in and kill you....

Really...it's okay... you can own a gun....you don't have to try and justify it by making it sound as if it's a necessary part of life...... it's ok......
I don't have to justify anything. Also, I don't "quake under my bed" for anything or anyone. My family is safe and secure (thanks for asking). I hope never to have to use force, as most people never will.

I would like to know where this happened, as I to stay in some of these places.

You have it backwards. 8 out of 10 can and do excerise restraint. The other 2 that don't suffer the consequences through the legal system.
So, the two should be the measure for the other 8?
The law is quite clear in the meaning of self defense. There are enough laws on the books now regarding this topic. The event is looked at, and charges, of any,are brought up.

I am a peaceful person. I have a high tolerance for all type of BS. If someone comes to my house with bad intentions, my family and I will not cowar in a corner. We will defend ourselves.

And what about the victims of the "other 2"?... .. or their families..?

That is true..... There are plenty of laws and past cases that have set precedent... It always boils down to the ones that that are the avid Gun owners or the most paranoid among us, that start shrieking that "they are coming to take our guns!!!"....

I have no doubts that your a peaceful person...never assumed otherwise... We all need to have better tolerances for other peoples "BS"... It is a fact that in cases where we don't, that is when violence is likely to erupt...especially if weapons are involved..... guns in particular.... No one on here...whether or not we own guns, are going to have issues with anyone protecting there homes or families in case of a home invasion...or whatever.... .. As I mentioned before...I don't own a gun...never have...probably never will....but don't think that for a moment that I wouldn't be just as protective of my home and family and would defend ourselves just the same.... Protecting family or premises is not just something that Gun owners can do..thus making them special........

Someone flipping me off is not a reason for pulling out a weapon, no matter how PO'ed I am.

It is for a lot of people....sadly.....not saying you of course....but there are a lot of news stories about someone getting angry...or beat up, by someone...and then going home to get the gun.... those are the ones that cause the problems..... Not guys like you..... I know I've made statements that you probably disagree with....but your having a gun is of no worry to me....as are most people that own guns....I don't even worry about the criminals with the guns either....as far as my safety is concerned... I don't live in fear of my life.... I live it.... but to each there own....

I don't carry a gun (and never felt I had to) as it is so easy to screw up in todays world. Same reason I never went at it with some of my fellow Roadway drivers, where cooler heads always prevailed. I'm getting kinda old to be going to jail.

Are you sure Triplex??.... Seems like more than a few have "mysteriously disappeared" from here during and since the MOU "wars".... lol

You make a good point there Pilot, I didn't think about that. The only reason I'm still here is that I've learned to put on my Kevlar vest before I turn my computer on.

Personaly I ABSOLUTLY REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM.
I've got news for you..... You already are a victim..... a victim of your own fear.....

If I am in fear for my life or my loved ones you are gonna have a fight

Why do you guys all say the same thing.....like your the ONLY one that would defend yourself or family....and no one has ever uttered those "fighting words" before..... You really think that people that don't have Guns wouldn't defend self and family too????

I may not win but there will be a pile in front of me.
I'll exercise restraint...lol..... I'm not going to go there..... lol

You make a good point there Pilot, I didn't think about that. The only reason I'm still here is that I've learned to put on my Kevlar vest before I turn my computer on.
Kevlar might be a better look than the motorcycle helmet I use while at the keyboards..... So if some think I'm a "hothead"... well there is a reason for that.... Personal Safety!...

I don't have to justify anything.
Nope...not on here you don't... can't disagree with that.... :-)

I don't "quake under my bed" for anything or anyone.
I'm sure you don't....It was just a metaphor that I used to describe the many many that do.... Because often times People are afraid to the point of paranoia and "hide" behind their guns.... Really I didn't mean to make it sound like you were one of those types.......

My family is safe and secure (thanks for asking). I hope never to have to use force, as most people never will.

Glad to know your family is provided for in terms of safety and security....as is mine.... and your right...Most of us will never have to defend the home or family from some criminal in a physical sense... The odds are with us...

I would like to know where this happened, as I to stay in some of these places.

That would be useful information..part of being "safe" is knowing where the potential problem spots are and avoiding them if possible..... I don't believe Mr Mook mentioned that part .....

I've got news for you..... You already are a victim..... a victim of your own fear.....

Why do you guys all say the same thing.....like your the ONLY one that would defend yourself or family....and no one has ever uttered those "fighting words" before..... You really think that people that don't have Guns wouldn't defend self and family too????

I'll exercise restraint...lol..... I'm not going to go there..... lol
I'll rephrase it for you, I refuse to change my lifestyle for fear of being a victim of crime. Happy now?

Well, I guess I stirred up enough trouble in here.... Guess I'm ready and primed up to venture into the Political forum...lol...... Hmm.....Now where did I put that new Kevlar vest anyway???.....dang!