Yellow | TNFINC MSG Pension Contribution Discussion

Thanks for that.
I was familiar with that one but what exactly is TITAN ?

The TITAN (Teamsters Information Terminal Accounting Network) System is a local union dues accounting system and communications network that allows more than 95 percent of our affiliates to effectively administer their dues accounting and record keeping functions. In addition, it provides electronic message transmission capabilities to and from our affiliates connected to the network or International Union offices, in less time than it normally takes to make a phone call.

The TITAN (Teamsters Information Terminal Accounting Network) System is a local union dues accounting system and communications network that allows more than 95 percent of our affiliates to effectively administer their dues accounting and record keeping functions. In addition, it provides electronic message transmission capabilities to and from our affiliates connected to the network or International Union offices, in less time than it normally takes to make a phone call.
Sounds like E-mail:biglaugh:
seriously though thanks for the definition.

Sounds like E-mail:biglaugh:
seriously though thanks for the definition.

I think its a fancy way of saying they have accounting software and an internet connection. You know back in the days this was probably high tech. They probably used ISDN or something similar to connect the locals.

The problem is profound. If you are only getting a few punches a week. Lose 3 - 5 months due to an agreement. You either may not meet the minimum number of punches to get vesting credit at all or the 180 needed for a full year credit. What is the minimum number to get any credit? Does anyone know?

75 days for the road

I obviously don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but if I take the memo on face value, and I have no reason to do otherwise at this point, there is nothing happening. But I guess I can read between the lines, like some of you, and assume the worst. Yeah, that's what I'll do. At least that way I will have a lousy Easter weekend. It may all be true, but there is no reason to wait till then when I can make myself miserable now. I already feel better just coming to this realization. Now I must go out and spread my misery. This is not something I should keep to myself.
Welcome to the dark side Larry. :clap: We've been waiting for you. :twisted:

Wierd thing is I found there is always some truths to the rumors like hearing about a merger when Yellow bought Roadway everyone just saying that was rumor or here in Chicago the rumor that the city board was going to be one for one violating senority Hmmmm makes you wonder

I remember a rumor once when I was at CF, they were all talking that the place was gonna shut down...................I just kept my head in the sand and continued working till I watched the news on Labor Day and........

Amen Brother

I remember a rumor once when I was at CF, they were all talking that the place was gonna shut down...................I just kept my head in the sand and continued working till I watched the news on Labor Day night and........

Deja Vu!!!!

YRC Wants to Defer Pension Payments
April 10, 2009: YRCW has contacted some Teamster pension funds asking to defer for several months the company’s payment of pension contributions for Teamsters. This is according to IBT Freight Director Tyson Johnson, who says any deal like that must be negotiated with him.

The only good news here is that Teamster can rest assured it will not affect your pension credits. Thanks to court cases our members won years ago, all Teamster pension funds must give you credit for your time worked, even if the fund fails to collect employer payments required under the contract.

YRC Wants to Defer Pension Payments | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

This was the entire article. Is the letter legit? YRC knows they deal through the President of the Union and not through certain locals directly.

This is my prediction for YRC [CRY]. Bankruptcy protection and reorganization . Please do not get mad at me just stop and think about it . We had our chance with the pay cut and the merger but that was it . The coo and merger was a complete failure .... We were much better off as two seperate companys.With massive bank dept and heath and pension obligations and no profits to mention. The new Yellow Roadway system is very inefficient and will need a massive change of operation and reorganization . How in the world do you pay for this when you are broke . Our guys that are still working are stretched thin and working overtime but there was still a layoff this weekend .I was told that the layoff was because the bills per hour are to low.Where do you go from here ?What is next for YRC ? The guys in charge have a plan .

Sorry my friend but a bailout for our pensions is a long shot at best. If you could of retired last year ,but didn't you've already made a bad investment in your future . This sucks for all of us not just you . Im sure we will all get something from our pensions just not what we thought.

first ten percent will save the company now pension next health and welfare they keep on taking pretty soon nothing left to give just keep on voting for givebacks let the rich get richer hope everybody who voted for givebacks sees the light now.

first ten percent will save the company now pension next health and welfare they keep on taking pretty soon nothing left to give just keep on voting for givebacks let the rich get richer hope everybody who voted for givebacks sees the light now.
9/10 Koolaide drinkers disagree

14t3qz5.jpg