Yellow | TNFINC MSG Pension Contribution Discussion

I hate to be such a Doubting Tom on this but can someone scan in the freakin titan
so we can see what it looks like.. This RUmor or truth was all over our dock today
everyone was talking about it but we have not seen it....Yet

From page two of this thread !

I hate to be such a Doubting Tom on this but can someone scan in the freakin titan
so we can see what it looks like.. This RUmor or truth was all over our dock today

You're right, it is the rumor thread, so come one, come all, get on here and lie yer asses off, have a picnic.

Here is the memorandum.

To: All NMFA Local Unions

Tyson Johnson, Co-Chairman, TNFINC

Date: April 6, 2009

RE: YRC Contributions to Pension Funds

It has come to our attention that representatives of YRC might be contacting Teamster Pension Funds and requesting that they defer for several months the Company's obligation to make pension contributions when due under the NMFA.

The National Freight Negotiating Committee has informed YRC that any discussions regarding the deferral of contributions to the Pension Funds is a mandatory subject of bargaining and must first be negotiated with, and agreed upon by, TNFINC. Prior to having any discussions with YRC regarding its pension obligations, the Union will obtain sufficient information from the Company's financial books and records to ensure how to best protect the pension rights of all affected Teamster freight members.

All Local Union officers, whether or not they also serve as pension fund trustees, are instructed not to make any agreements on behalf of their Local Unions with YRC regarding its pension contribution obligations until TNFINC determines the appropriate response following a review of YRC's financial records. If contacted by YRC representatives regarding deferral of pension obligations, Local Union officers should contact the International Union Freight Division at (202) 624-8761 and report the specific request made by the Company and the name of the representative making the request.

We will keep you informed of all developments on this very important matter.

I had to type this from the posted memo. I hope I didn't make any mistakes. It should be on all your bulletin boards. I'm sorry, this isn't a rumor, so it probably shouldn't be posted in this forum.

just trust us on this one. Its true. What it means we can only speculate.

Do you think I am smart enough to compose that thing myself? Hell I can't speak legalese. I just typed it word for word from a photocopy of the memo that was posted on the union bulletin board at the Denver terminal. You people believe every stupid rumor that is posted on here, but one factual piece of information is posted and you think it is fake.

2 Questions you need to ask yourself.

1. Why would they approach only one local as the letter suggests.

2. Were the IBT to grant a suspension in all YRCW companies affected, what would it do to most peoples vesting year.

My example answers part two, if I understand the question. For every month that you work where there is no contribution, you are not getting it added to your vesting. And one other thing. In one of the rants, it said H&W and pension. I know I am not nearly as wise as most of you, so can you please show me where H&W is mentioned here? Thank you!

this is just another dying company cause the people in suits and ties leech all the profits this company could make and scheme up with ways on how to split up all the monies in a deceptive way, they figure the government is taxing us to death and the legal system is too much of a hassle to put up with why not just be a thief in a suit and let this company be top heavy, only jobs we'll find next is working through the government as some kind of cop or teacher cause private companies are all planning for the short term and that means most companies will be defunct before we know it unless there is some kind of crooked deal going on to keep the leeches in a suit and tie for another day

The problem is profound. If you are only getting a few punches a week. Lose 3 - 5 months due to an agreement. You either may not meet the minimum number of punches to get vesting credit at all or the 180 needed for a full year credit. What is the minimum number to get any credit? Does anyone know?

My example answers part two, if I understand the question. For every month that you work where there is no contribution, you are not getting it added to your vesting. And one other thing. In one of the rants, it said H&W and pension. I know I am not nearly as wise as most of you, so can you please show me where H&W is mentioned here? Thank you!

The problem is profound. If you are only getting a few punches a week. Lose 3 - 5 months due to an agreement. You either may not meet the minimum number of punches to get vesting credit at all or the 180 needed for a full year credit. What is the minimum number to get any credit? Does anyone know?

central states is 75 days in a calendar year 250 or more is max I believe.

We all need to face the facts.

The IBT no longer is acting in the "best interests" of it's members.

They are going to let YRC get away with whatever they want so the money from our dues lasts as long as possible.
No they are not going to say the word "strike" to force payment.
We have lost enough customers. The rest would be gone overnight. If there was the threat of a strike.
The end is near, and anyone who thinks it is not, is only fooling themselves.

I have to say at least it was a good paycheck for 36 years.

this is just another dying company cause the people in suits and ties leech all the profits this company could make and scheme up with ways on how to split up all the monies in a deceptive way, they figure the government is taxing us to death and the legal system is too much of a hassle to put up with why not just be a thief in a suit and let this company be top heavy, only jobs we'll find next is working through the government as some kind of cop or teacher cause private companies are all planning for the short term and that means most companies will be defunct before we know it unless there is some kind of crooked deal going on to keep the leeches in a suit and tie for another day

I didn't see a period at the end of this already long sentence so does that mean that it's continuing somewhere else??

Do you think I am smart enough to compose that thing myself? Hell I can't speak legalese. I just typed it word for word from a photocopy of the memo that was posted on the union bulletin board at the Denver terminal. You people believe every stupid rumor that is posted on here, but one factual piece of information is posted and you think it is fake.

He wasn't saying you faked it. He asked if someone had the TITAN which is different. Someone else said it had a slightly different spin to it. Got a hair trigger there Wyatt. :biglaugh:

So why did they approach just one local? Not one confrence but just one LOCAL?? Something about this isn't right to me. I'm not saying the memo is fake either Larry, just saying something is wrong about this. Should YRC want to defer payments to the pension fund, is this really how they would go about it??? I think they would follow the same procedure they did when they asked for a give-back. Put it out that they would meet with national and follow protocol. This is nowhere near protocol. YRC might be concerned what that news might due to thier fragile stock but it is still the wrong way to initiate talks for concessions.

Why do I smell the compeditors?? This certainly is way above my paygrade, but I can't believe it.

He wasn't saying you faked it. He asked if someone had the TITAN which is different. Someone else said it had a slightly different spin to it. Got a hair trigger there Wyatt. :biglaugh:

So why did they approach just one local? Not one confrence but just one LOCAL?? Something about this isn't right to me. I'm not saying the memo is fake either Larry, just saying something is wrong about this. Should YRC want to defer payments to the pension fund, is this really how they would go about it??? I think they would follow the same procedure they did when they asked for a give-back. Put it out that they would meet with national and follow protocol. This is nowhere near protocol. YRC might be concerned what that news might due to thier fragile stock but it is still the wrong way to initiate talks for concessions.

Why do I smell the compeditors?? This certainly is way above my paygrade, but I can't believe it.

That local is probably where the trustee is a BA. These people at YRC aren't stupid.

I changed the thread title to TNFINC. I was told it came over as a TITAN msg but it actually came from TNFINC. They have negotiating power over contract changes. I have been told many locals are now releasing copies to the members.

We converted a copy for everyone. Jeff had to do it because I lack the tech authorization and software. As I mentioned earlier, Locals are posting and giving copies out to members. Its in a NEW THREAD. Stuck at the top.

all right larry, I was trying not to beleive it. with every freakin rumor sometimes it takes the time to look into it before i jump off the cliff....... Geronimoooooooooooooooooooooo