Yellow | TNFINC MSG Pension Contribution Discussion

feel like milford in the movie office space and the guys in suits and ties are just lumbergs....getting moved around like that anyways

This is like when RedStar missed our payment to central Pa we were told it was all a mix up then they borrowed money from Holland for our payroll and the last kick in the nuts was the fake wildcat strike thanks Hoffa now its two jobs you cost me

Looking At The World Through A Windshield!

Central States pension official told me that unless you had retired already and received at least 13 checks, you could still be subject to a cutback provision under the "red zone" rules. The fund has not instituted any cutbacks YET, but if YRCW stops making pension contributions altogether, the trustees of the fund will do what they have to do to protect all the participants...active and retired! They could change the benefit amounts, they could change the age at which you could be eligible to retire, they could raise the cost of retiree health care, they could change the age at which retiree health care could be available, or they could eliminate retiree health care altogether! What a sad state of affairs for many of us who have worked 30 years or more making these corporations millions of dollars in profits, only to get screwed out of promised pensions in the end! How many of us will be able to hang on? How many of us can even pass a D.O.T. physical and climb back in the truck at 65 or 70 years old just to survive?! Where's our Teamster PAC officials? Are they asking Congress to protect our retirement? Call our G.E.B. members at the IBT and tell them to get up to Capitol Hill and complain!:TR10driving03:

Does anyone know, has this ever happened with any companies before? To try to get an idea as to what happened in those cases?

I don't know if you read this entire thread, but I pointed out earlier that NW did this for quite a long time, but I never knew how long. Maybe some former NW driver can shed some light here. The NW driver that I referred to retired several years before that company went out of business.

all right larry, I was trying not to beleive it. with every freakin rumor sometimes it takes the time to look into it before i jump off the cliff....... Geronimoooooooooooooooooooooo

Like VWaggs, I don't have the tech skills or whatever to transfer the photocopy to this site. I'm glad that he and Jeff were able to do it. But in regard to you, I hope you made that jump. But I'm sure you didn't, and based on what I have read by you on other occasions, I'm sure you will respond by telling me where to stick it. But I understand, I am just a country bumkin from Colorado and not a truly enlightened cosmopolitan from Chicago, like you. I realize less important people like me shouldn't be allowed to spread our ignorance on this website. Maybe you could have this matter addressed by Jeff.

This is like when RedStar missed our payment to central Pa we were told it was all a mix up then they borrowed money from Holland for our payroll and the last kick in the nuts was the fake wildcat strike thanks Hoffa now its two jobs you cost me

And I guess the company has no fault in the matter.God some people on here are slow.:nutkick:

I will post and watermark any document sent to me if it's legal to do so...

I hate to have to watermark them but we got a couple sites that want to be Truckingboards, that steals stuff we post here and claim it as their own.

Imitation

I will post and watermark any document sent to me if it's legal to do so...

I hate to have to watermark them but we got a couple sites that want to be Truckingboards, that steals stuff we post here and claim it as their own.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery :)

I don't think Jeff appreciates the compliments, and I don't blame him.

The documents that are emailed to me don't belong to me, they belong to the users of this website....

My job is to get info out as quickly as possible, I have the best behind the scenes Union guys in the business here, if it has to do with LTL and the Union it will be here...

Truckingboards has the most LTL users, therefore the message will get out faster on this website.

When you are #1 and become successful, you will be copied, that's expected.

It's kinda like the falling tree in the woods theory, if it falls and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound?

Same thing with the big wheels that post here but they know when they put out a document or have something to say, it will be heard loud and clear on Truckingboards.

I created this format to let the Union guys that want to mingle with all be able to do so, or those hardcore guys can stay to themselves... everybody has a choice.

I don't fault anyone who wants to build their own site... that's their option, it bugs me when they copy this site verbatim.

Oh well Were #1 for the most part :)

8zft68.jpg