ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

Well, Muler you asked and since you asked..
I hope for a win/win. Win--ABF gets what the company can get to continue doing biz as is and grow the company (leave the blood sucking YRC out of it).
Win-that the Brothers can get a small win. But with the economy like it is, the anti-union rhetoric going on about pensions (see Wisconsin), I don't see us in much of a position, if any, to get very much. I do know this, a STRIKE will shut us down. I remember back in 1974 or so, President Nixon ordered the teamsters back to work because a strike "shut the country down"! There are too many options to that today. It used to shut the country down, but would now just (****-please don't give me an infraction KK) people off and they will go to Con-Way, FedEx, UPSF, and yes, probably our good ole buddies @ YRC.

It looks to me as you hate YRC just as much as Joey hates Abf...IMO...your posts ditching YRC are not welcome at the ABF forum either...that's not what we are all about here on our forum.

I have to say Docker you seem to have hit the nail right on the head. I would now like to hear joe's take on what he thinks of the yrc Teamsters. I never knew he hated us this much. It must be really horrible reading our post. So why does joe live on the ABF forum? Just for the record I have many friends and family that work for yrc. I guess that kills joe's ideas that we hate yrc Teamsters. I was never jealous of yrc. Maybe that is why I never even put in a application there when I first started. I have always been glad to work where I work. Why would I want to work at yrc? What would have been better there? No joe just because we don't work for yrc does not mean we hate yrc. Maybe this post will help you begin a HEALING PROCESS! YOUR THERAPEUTIC BROTHER ALWAYS!
Awww Muler, why do you want to hurt us so bad( YRC). We got slim, you keep joe, seems fair to me.

ok..you are wrong, Muler

It looks to me as you hate YRC just as much as Joey hates Abf...IMO...your posts ditching YRC are not welcome at the ABF forum either...that's not what we are all about here on our forum.
Don't hate YRC at all. Just think they put us @ a major disadvantage..I will back off.

Don't hate YRC at all. Just think they put us @ a major disadvantage..I will back off.

Don't get me wrong...I just don't want to turn the ABF forum into a grudge match against YRC and start a fire between ABF Teamsters and YRC Teamsters...because IMO...that's what Joe's intentions are. We all have the right to air our opinions but I would hope it would not just be out of hate like Joey.

I would like to think that the YRC Teamsters and ABF Teamsters could show unity after all that has been going on in the last couple of years especially with the upcoming contract talks instead of drawing us apart like our so called brother Joe seems to want.IMO...that's the last thing we need at the moment and the company would like nothing better.

watching20you.gif
Here's a question for you Joey:

Since it seemed like you didn't like a certain poster going to the YRC forum stirring up things by this reply of yours:
Now...I ask you again...just what are you trying to get accomplished on our ABF forum?

watching20you.gif

I have to say Docker you seem to have hit the nail right on the head. I would now like to hear joe's take on what he thinks of the yrc Teamsters.
That's a good question, Muler. It's kind of funny..I don't hate anyone, Docker is so full of nonsense it is ridiculous. No, ABF is just a competitor like Estes or FedEx. If you don't work for YRC you're just a competitor. I always had that attitude. No hate..copy? I liked most of the competitors on the route.. I have to admit there is one ABF'er I really don't like who makes some stupid remarks in the YRC forum. If he spewed his crap in the ABF forum I could overlook it. Remarks like 'somebody should stick a fork in YRC and let it die. Or no one thinks YRC is going to make it. That prompted me to say a nasty.
See below. That's not to say I hate him..I just think he's a jerk but then Docker is a jerk too taking everything I say out of context and making up lies about what I said. You know his act. He needs a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the plumber View Post
You were always ballsy to come on a YRC forum with your crap. Ballsy but brainless. If ABf hits the wall in the up and coming contract I'm going to laugh in your face, troll

Here's to you troll
double-finger.gif

I don't hate anyone, Docker is so full of nonsense it is ridiculous. Docker is a jerk too taking everything I say out of context and making up lies about what I said.

Read this post of yours Joey and just try telling me how I take you out of context and make up lies...this is your post and your words:

I believe a culture of jealousy and hate exists at ABF, from the the senior execs down to the rank and file. Couple of observations..ABF was always jealous of the size and scope of YRC. Uncalled for insults and personal attacks are from 90% ABF people not non-union people. ABF people are predominantly anti-IBT, anti-Zollars, anti-YRC, anti-Hoffa. It's ABF versus the world. If you're not ABF you are the infidel. ABF dock-men drink too much zinfandel is one of the problems that need to be adressed.

Example: YRC needed to have bankruptcy experts, JP Morgan, the IBT and the YRC teamsters to bail them out so that 30,000 teamsters may still at least have a job. ABF the company and teamsters condemned YRC, the IBT, Hoffa, Zollars and the YRC teamsters for this .

A lot is at stake in the ABF-YRC law-suit. It could make or break either company.Just another example of big corps taking down the the union..this time with ABF union employees support.

Now...point out what I took out of context and show me where I lied?

I have to admit there is one ABF'er I really don't like who makes some stupid remarks in the YRC forum. If he spewed his crap in the ABF forum I could overlook it.

So...is this the reason you are on our forum making stupid remarks and spewing hate and contempt at ABF and the ABF Teamsters...is it payback for this one ABFer that made remarks in the YRC forum?

Think of this too Joey...don't you think that the ABFers feel the same way at what you post here the same way as you felt about this one ABFer that posted in the YRC forum? After all...that's the reason you said that you got nasty with him...so why shouldn't the ABFers here get nasty with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the plumber View Post
I believe a culture of jealousy and hate exists at ABF, from the the senior execs down to the rank and file. Couple of observations..ABF was always jealous of the size and scope of YRC. Uncalled for insults and personal attacks are from 90% ABF people not non-union people. ABF people are predominantly anti-IBT, anti-Zollars, anti-YRC, anti-Hoffa. It's ABF versus the world. If you're not ABF you are the infidel. ABF dock-men drink too much zinfandel is one of the problems that need to be adressed.

Example: YRC needed to have bankruptcy experts, JP Morgan, the IBT and the YRC teamsters to bail them out so that 30,000 teamsters may still at least have a job. ABF the company and teamsters condemned YRC, the IBT, Hoffa, Zollars and the YRC teamsters for this .

A lot is at stake in the ABF-YRC law-suit. It could make or break either company.Just another example of big corps taking down the the union..this time with ABF union employees support.

Read this post of yours Joey and just try telling me how I take you out of context and make up lies...this is your post and your words:
Now...point out what I took out of context and show me where I lied?

All of the above is true but I don't read where is said I hate ABF teamsters. If you support ABF in the lawsuit your are in the face of the IBT, YRC, JP Morgan and the YRC bankruptcy experts. It's them against you if you support ABF. I know it can't be possible that all ABF teamsters are hate-filled teamsters

like you
watching20you.gif

All of the above is true but I don't read where is said I hate ABF teamsters. If you support ABF in the lawsuit your are in the face of the IBT, YRC, JP Morgan and the YRC bankruptcy experts. It's them against you if you support ABF. I know it can't be possible that all ABF teamsters are hate-filled teamsters

like you
watching20you.gif
The very first sentence from your post that Docker replied to talks of hate and being jealous. You seem to be the only one here with hate in your heart. You have not posted one productive thing since coming on our forum. Do you find some sort of satisfaction in that. We did not do anything but our jobs as truck drivers because we are the last one still standing at top rate in the NMFA is no reason to be so angry. Remember all those sales leads you said you got to take freight away from ABF when you were working? NOT ENOUGH! But we did not hate you for that we just worked harder and got them plus some back. So here's to a long retirement for you. YOUR COUNTING THE DAYS BROTHER ALWAYS!

like you
watching20you.gif

Here you go again...wiggling and squirming again trying to get yourself out of a pickle...just because you never had the balls to actually come out and say you hated the ABF Teamsters that it's not so...forget the fact what you said in that post and that any reasonable person would know exactly how you feel after reading it.Are you really that arrogant or do you believe people are just that stupid?

So...just carry on Joey...wiggling and squirming...lol
792a.gif

Awww Muler, why do you want to hurt us so bad( YRC). We got slim, you keep joe, seems fair to me.
Only because I like you pilot. I have noticed he has been made to cool his jets over here. We are a mellow fun loving bunch and I think it is rubbing off on him. YOUR BABYSITTING BROTHER ALWAYS!

I look at it this way pilot108...we...here at ABF have our very own little pet troll and his name is Joe...lol
5744579498.jpg

I look at it this way pilot108...we...here at ABF have our very own little pet troll and his name is Joe...lol
5744579498.jpg

Funny thing is that is exactly how I pictured him. What really cracks me up is how he wanders around calling everybody else trolls.

I've talked to some younger non-Union drivers, and it appears that one of the tactic that their management uses is the old "Us vs. Them", to the point that some of these drivers are literally angry if they see one of their co-workers talking with a Union driver. I would dislike greatly to see that tactic worm it's way into Union solidarity. Our YRC brothers got finagled into a tight spot through fear and deception , hopefully only temporarily, and I'm sure every Union man out there would help them the best we all can. What's the old saying? ..."An Injury To One, Is An Injury To All." Somehow,...something ( insert your own cause and effect here) took a swipe at the NMFA, missed ABF and hit our brothers at YRC. We've all been attacked, as far as I'm concerned. We'll defeat the attack by retaining Union Solidarity,

I've talked to some younger non-Union drivers, and it appears that one of the tactic that their management uses is the old "Us vs. Them", to the point that some of these drivers are literally angry if they see one of their co-workers talking with a Union driver. I would dislike greatly to see that tactic worm it's way into Union solidarity. Our YRC brothers got finagled into a tight spot through fear and deception , hopefully only temporarily, and I'm sure every Union man out there would help them the best we all can. What's the old saying? ..."An Injury To One, Is An Injury To All." Somehow,...something ( insert your own cause and effect here) took a swipe at the NMFA, missed ABF and hit our brothers at YRC. We've all been attacked, as far as I'm concerned. We'll defeat the attack by retaining Union Solidarity,
What I have discovered in the past is when a company manager says something is bad it normally is good for me and bad for him. The deciding factor should be how the driver feels about his working environment. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

How do you all feel about ABF buying Panther. Is there any Panther drivers on this site? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

How do you all feel about ABF buying Panther. Is there any Panther drivers on this site? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

How do you feel about the acquisition Muler? Does it make sense to you that they would spend this money right before contract negotiations? How will ABF management dare ask for concessions when they are spending like this? Remember Dollar Bill at YRCW? He liked to purchase companies, "synergize" them, and expand in China, etc. etc....You see how well that worked out for them!

How do you feel about the acquisition Muler? Does it make sense to you that they would spend this money right before contract negotiations? How will ABF management dare ask for concessions when they are spending like this? Remember Dollar Bill at YRCW? He liked to purchase companies, "synergize" them, and expand in China, etc. etc....You see how well that worked out for them!
abf couldent get enough of that particular market so they bought it. 80 million cash the rest over 5 years thats not to crazy. Panther makes money everthing bill bought lost money....

I will have to see the reason they bought Panther. If it grows our business then I will be glad they purchased them.I know this is the second logistics company they have bought in the last several years. It may also have something to do with not carrying any real debt. Which could trigger an attempt at a hostile takeover. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Upcoming contract negotiations is not a reason to quit doing business if they feel that what they are doing is good business. So far ABF asking for concessions is just speculative but purchases like this will make it more difficult for them to obtain concessions from us.