XPO | todays meeting

Patches

gotta hand it to them,we have some very smart people up there

Putting ads on the sides of the boxes might be a great idea to make money but where does it stop? Did you catch the part about changing the uniforms?

In a year we could look like the nastruck drivers with little ads all over the uniforms.:biglaugh:

Putting ads on the sides of the boxes might be a great idea to make money but where does it stop? Did you catch the part about changing the uniforms?

In a year we could look like the nastruck drivers with little ads all over the uniforms.:biglaugh:

as long as i keep getting those greenbacks in my pocket they can put anthing they want on their shirt

Con-Way Trucks with Female Hygiene product Adds on the side will really look good going down the road:clap::biglaugh::shift:

How much did they spend on the new trailer decals,another waste of money,they finally lost what little respact I had left for them. They claim to be making all this money. But not a word about returning our benefits, and I believed box when he said john l was a decent guy. No I know better

I believe that the mention was of "uniform suppliers", not turning anyone into a walking billboard...And it appears that P&G will be limiting their product line for the ads, and none of those are feminine hygiene products...

And comparing P&G, an American Icon, to the IBT, is, well, ludicrous...

I wonder what YRC would have given to have a corporation write them a check for doing nothing except drive around advertising a company's products..

I gotta go with Rightturn on this one...this was incredibly shrewd ...another first for us..and plenty of people who will complain about it...imagine that..

No its not ludicrius. Its a simple question. If one is selling advertising space whât difference would it make who was buying it. The people who run this company are coming up with one crazy idea after another to justify their. Own high paying jobs. What was the cost of changing the uniforms the last time. Again conway throws away money like its part of their jobs. Conway will look like a bunch of clown wagons. And in closing last week they come up with was one of the best ideas I had ever seen. Only. To follow it up this week with this crap

Conway is not the first to do this, Tucker freight lines back in the late seventies did it as well. It did not look all that bad on the units, but yes different. Tucker folded anyway, it was a last ditch effort. Woo, wait a minute, I am not saying anything bad about Conway. Conway does not need this to survive, they are taking the bucks where they are getting them. Not a bad move. Did I clear that up in time?

We didn't even have a meeting this morning ... hmm...

Anyway, didn't Yellow have ads on their roll-up doors for a while a few years ago? I swear I remember some being on there.

How much did they spend on the new trailer decals,another waste of money,they finally lost what little respact I had left for them. They claim to be making all this money. But not a word about returning our benefits, and I believed box when he said john l was a decent guy. No I know better

Obviuosly you either didnt pay attention in your meeting..or your manager lacked the proper material to conduct the meeting. It was made quite clear that the decals are the type made by 3M..the same type used on the side of transit type vehicles in big cities. MEANING.....that they go OVER our existing decals. PG is paying for the expenses incurred for putting the decals on/off. So if our existing decals are in any way damaged in either process...PG is picking up the tab.

This is a good thing people. FREE money and u all find a way to bash it. Please be open to new ideas if at all possible, yes it will look different....but it will be at no cost to us, and we still make good profit from it. How is this a bad idea??

I believe that the mention was of "uniform suppliers", not turning anyone into a walking billboard...And it appears that P&G will be limiting their product line for the ads, and none of those are feminine hygiene products...

And comparing P&G, an American Icon, to the IBT, is, well, ludicrous...

I wonder what YRC would have given to have a corporation write them a check for doing nothing except drive around advertising a company's products..

I gotta go with Rightturn on this one...this was incredibly shrewd ...another first for us..and plenty of people who will complain about it...imagine that..

This was quite stunning...completely out of the blue. Money from home actually.

If you know anything about P&G they don't throw money away needlessly. They did not get to be the largest consumer products company by being stupid. The monies they put forward are well researched and qualified before being spent.

I can guarantee you these monies have been well researched. It does say a lot that has chosen Con-Way for this project. P&G is a very image conscious company...always have been and always will be. I know many folks who work for them and this is one of the driving forces in their advertising. For them to have chosen Con-Way says volumes about how our company is perceived by a corporate giant.

Quite refreshing actually.

You will regain your lost benefits when and only when Con-Way determines it is financially feasible. The video was not about those issues. It was about performance and other things going on within our organization.

If you paid attention you will have noticed most if not all reportable numbers were above expectation. Another positive sign.

Curious about the uniforms tho'....more racing stuff I think....,

Rat

So... this mean a discount of P&G products?? If so I'll buy more washing powders for the uniforms they give out.

Thank goodness I didn't break down and put the million mile patches on the old shirts only to take 'em off and put on new shirts! :clap:

images
images

So... this mean a discount of P&G products?? If so I'll buy more washing powders for the uniforms they give out.

Thank goodness I didn't break down and put the million mile patches on the old shirts only to take 'em off and put on new shirts! :clap:

images
images

No you won't be getting a discount.

What this means is one of the largest and most successful multi-national corporations in the world has chosen Con-Way to display it products on their vehicles...not a choice lightly made.

Rat

As long as some of our other customers doesn't see it as a conflict of Interest I'm fine with it,no complaints here.Its free money ,nothen wrong with that.

Just wait until there's an overturned set on the evening news with a big P&G add on it. That should go over well.

YAAAYYYYY!!!! Let's look forward to one of our co workers rolling a set, and then the company making the news to look bad?? Yeah, your a good co worker:clap: I just hope your not at my terminal!!