XPO | todays meeting

No its not ludicrius. Its a simple question. If one is selling advertising space whât difference would it make who was buying it. The people who run this company are coming up with one crazy idea after another to justify their. Own high paying jobs. What was the cost of changing the uniforms the last time. Again conway throws away money like its part of their jobs. Conway will look like a bunch of clown wagons. And in closing last week they come up with was one of the best ideas I had ever seen. Only. To follow it up this week with this crap

Nobody said they were changing uniforms, they said uniform suppliers...that costs NOTHING...And if you were paying attention to the video, P&G APPROACHED US, not us them...we didn't put our equipment up for lease...this is a test for P&G, maybe it succeeds, maybe it doesn't...FOR THEM...WE are guaranteed the cash, upwards of 80-100 million...you can call that stupid, dumb, crazy, whatever you'd like, but look at it closely and I think you will see it much differently..

WE DON'T LOSE..!!!!

my whole pointo f me not caring for this new ad space idea...isi the way it was put on film for us to understand....they say tunnage is up volume is up work is up we need to hire drivers..drivers we will not have work for at my b arn.....and since everything is y are they not giving me back what thay took in th first place...I find i very hard to watch these films with th vps smiling at me all knowing i have lost over10000dollars this year...with what i say i phney sandwich that i am forced to eat but i can mot br \e forcedto like it....good lick to all...maybe u see something i dont

I believe that the mention was of "uniform suppliers", not turning anyone into a walking billboard...And it appears that P&G will be limiting their product line for the ads, and none of those are feminine hygiene products...

And comparing P&G, an American Icon, to the IBT, is, well, ludicrous...

I wonder what YRC would have given to have a corporation write them a check for doing nothing except drive around advertising a company's products..

I gotta go with Rightturn on this one...this was incredibly shrewd ...another first for us..and plenty of people who will complain about it...imagine that..

I wasnt comparing p&g to IBT i asked if the IBT wanted to pay for adspace would conway alow it...after how many years of a policy thats states we are fnot to wear anything with another company logo...it gets changed for cash...and if u saw th e big smiles on johnl and the 2 other vps..about how tonnage and profits were up...did anyone of the drivers get to smile because we r getting the takebacks returned....I may have to eat thisshit sandwick but i dont have to like it

As long as some of our other customers doesn't see it as a conflict of Interest I'm fine with it,no complaints here.Its free money ,nothen wrong with that.
HMMM...A trailer with a P&G ad backing into a competitor's plant?? Could be an interesting conundrum, dilemma, enigma, or even paradox.

This is good to advertise on the sides of our trailers and cover up the big Conway Freight we have written up there. We will make million$ that we can spend on another NASCAR race truck to gain name recognition!

This is good to advertise on the sides of our trailers and cover up the big Conway Freight we have written up there. We will make million$ that we can spend on another NASCAR race truck to gain name recognition!
When somebody rolls their set over on the highway, then that big CONWAY FREIGHT won't be there for the whole world to see.

I guess I missed the meeting. We're putting ads on the trailers? What's up with the uniforms?

The changes will be "so revolutionary as to have never been experienced before!" Appearently he was not around for the last change. I am afraid to say that anything will be better then what we currently have........... This could be one of those careful what you wish for thingys. Marketing picked our last uniforms and they are picking our next uniforms. I wonder if they will seek driver input as we will be the people wearing them.

The changes will be "so revolutionary as to have never been experienced before!" Appearently he was not around for the last change. I am afraid to say that anything will be better then what we currently have........... This could be one of those careful what you wish for thingys. Marketing picked our last uniforms and they are picking our next uniforms. I wonder if they will seek driver input as we will be the people wearing them.

Yes they will....just like last time:biglaugh:

I believe that the mention was of "uniform suppliers", not turning anyone into a walking billboard...And it appears that P&G will be limiting their product line for the ads, and none of those are feminine hygiene products...

And comparing P&G, an American Icon, to the IBT, is, well, ludicrous...

I wonder what YRC would have given to have a corporation write them a check for doing nothing except drive around advertising a company's products..

I gotta go with Rightturn on this one...this was incredibly shrewd ...another first for us..and plenty of people who will complain about it...imagine that..

I agree with you box. So long as i still have a job with Con-Way I don't really care what they put on the sides of the trailers. I can almost guarentee you that not only will P&g benifiet from this but i think Con-Way will stand out more as well. Like you said Shrewd.

YAAAYYYYY!!!! Let's look forward to one of our co workers rolling a set, and then the company making the news to look bad?? Yeah, your a good co worker:clap: I just hope your not at my terminal!!

Hey :shit:head, I'm not hoping for anything, just wonder is P&G would appreciate that kind of publicity.

not bashing any at conway, ok. going to the dentist this morning,set of conways up agaisnt the jersey barriers on 322 in pa.had rush hour traffic backed upfor 3-4 miles just crawling bye,single file. question? would p&g have gotten there moneys worth of advertiseing, or have lost 2 out of every 10 drivers as customers that were late for work?

I am sure P & G took that all into consideration before spending 200 million on trailer advertisement. It IS a rolling billboard whether it is broke down or moving ....

my whole pointo f me not caring for this new ad space idea...isi the way it was put on film for us to understand....they say tunnage is up volume is up work is up we need to hire drivers..drivers we will not have work for at my b arn.....and since everything is y are they not giving me back what thay took in th first place...I find i very hard to watch these films with th vps smiling at me all knowing i have lost over10000dollars this year...with what i say i phney sandwich that i am forced to eat but i can mot br \e forcedto like it....good lick to all...maybe u see something i dont

Please make future posts after you have had some sleep, not when you get back from your line run.

Just wait until there's an overturned set on the evening news with a big P&G add on it. That should go over well.

Yes That will be the end of that idea. A supermarket chain once outsourced its milk delivery direct to the milk bottler, giving it the supermarket logo'd trailers to make deliveries. One trailer on the news tipped over, and off came the supermarket log's .

It was WISHFUL thinking, not really expecting it. *sigh* Back to the drugery of washing clothes..... :biglaugh:

No you won't be getting a discount.

What this means is one of the largest and most successful multi-national corporations in the world has chosen Con-Way to display it products on their vehicles...not a choice lightly made.

Rat

What if UPS or FED EX wants to advertise on us. I thought they should of did this along time ago. We need gatorade on the trucks that have no a/c. I think it is a good idea.

Well, if it keeps the trucks rolling, jobs open then I don't see a problem with it. Altho if my husband had to wear a hat with female ads on it then I would have had to leave home so I wouldn't be around for the :ranting2::Flame-On: