TForce | Transfer Seniority

does this mean if you work 10 years on the dock and transfer to a driveing position in your same terminal that you will retain your seniority instead of going to the bottom of the list on the driver classification board? is that what there working on, as in a master seniority list?

This is not considered a transfer. Full time dock and P&D are called local cartage. So you could bid what ever you want on the lacal cartage board with your 10 years seniority. If you negotiate a master list for a local supplement, then you can take your 10 years and bid on what ever you want that is available within the terminal once per year.

ericjones - has there been an actual decision made recently that would be applicable to ALL terminals in regards to the seniority? If so - is it going to be applied retroactively? Notced the post started on the 12th - was there a grievance panel in regards to the seniority issues recently?

we should be on one board one seniority like it says in article 5 full co. seniority

3288018287_eb1b2d282c_o.jpg

two boards

you guys and possible girls can supersize the contracr as much as you like but it would be nice if you understood that the National contract is not being followed nationaly. it is interpreted by each individual terminal or hub or sat. seperatly.

you guys and possible girls can supersize the contracr as much as you like but it would be nice if you understood that the National contract is not being followed nationaly. it is interpreted by each individual terminal or hub or sat. seperatly.

That was my point exactly - I am laid off "due to the economy and the slow period" while the terminal has increased the use of subcontractors to transport the "influx" of freight they are experiencing.

Until the "grey areas" of the contract become black ink on white paper - we will continue to have this chaos. The contract is a national contract and each and every terminal should be following the letter of the contract.

This contract is not the Union's first dance nor is it the Company's - Yet, they signed the contract and are leaving it up to the Stewards to try and sort out the mess as best as possible for the people they represent at their terminal.

It is up the the member's (employer) to make the union (employee) perform the functions of the job they agreed to do. (Steward's - I know you do not get paid for your positions)

I believe the Steward's are doing the best they can to help each and everyone they represent but, I do not think anyone of us expected this mess.

I am all for the contract - As I said - I am laid off "taking one for the team" - I may not like it - but, if my layoff were due to the letter of the contract (as needed - without the use of subcontractors) I would accept it but, it was not a result of the letter of the contract being followed - it was a result of greed on the part of the company.

They know what they are doing is against contract - they are not going to stop until they are forced to follow the contract. As long as there is not a uniform application of the contract -there will be chaos.

In SOH we did not use "the employee's co. seniority date" to develop the initial local cartage list. Instead the City Drivers were treated like Road Drivers and the date they reclassified to City was used. This really hurt those who worked their way up from dock to jockey to local driver.

In SOH we did not use "the employee's co. seniority date" to develop the initial local cartage list. Instead the City Drivers were treated like Road Drivers and the date they reclassified to City was used. This really hurt those who worked their way up from dock to jockey to local driver.

same in chicago <bedford park> dock is going by hire date and drivers going by classification. 2 lists, 2 halls, 2 sets of rules.

In SOH we did not use &quot;the employee's co. seniority date&quot; to develop the initial local cartage list. Instead the City Drivers were treated like Road Drivers and the date they reclassified to City was used. This really hurt those who worked their way up from dock to jockey to local driver.

Again, accross the board contractual application is the key. We all have the same contract in hand and it is not applied in a uniform fashion.

Although we all have different local's - We have one contract. The Company agreed to the contract, the Union agreed to the contract. They know good and well the terms of the contract. For us to have to sit back and file grievance after grievance to (attempt) have upheld what they agreed to uphold is beyond me.

For the Stewards to be put in the place of filing one grievance after another in an attempt to enforce what the parties agreed to do but refuse to do is beyond me and they should all be commended - they have a real fight ahead of them, I'm afraid.

Again, I am not Union bashing - I am just simply trying to get the point across that if we are going to be a union then we need to unite as one and put an end to the chaos that is filling the company pockets.

The contract is spelled out word for word - it has been signed, sealed and delivered. There is no reason for any driver to have to fight for the pay they deserve, their seniority, their safety vests the company requires, pot hole safety issues, breakdown pay, reimbursement - the list goes on and on.

The settlements go on and on as well: some retain their seniority, some do not - some terminals pay per contract, some do not - some are provided required safety equipment and some have to provide their own and fight for reimbursement - reimbursement of expenses are paid while some are not - breakdown pay varies from terminal to terminal - breakdown on property is paid at some terminals and is not paid at others.

None of this should be occuring if the contract was applied as it was written at all terminals. I am not writing this because I am laid off and am venting because things did not go my way - I am writing this as an example of what contractual variations create.

The economy is bad - I realize that but, so does the Company. Yes, I understand to those who &quot;feel lucky to have a job&quot; in these trying times but, now is the time to set the standards for when the economy improves. If we allow them to set the standards now - those will be the standards we will live by for the next several years.

You all have great jobs - you receive a great wage but, you work hard for that wage and you make great sacrifices for those wages. The company know's what they have in their driver's. The union know's who signs their paychecks.

No intent to offend - just to unite.

I agree that we need to unite, but since we all work in different locations, and for different locals how do we unite? And what do we do if we do unite. The grievance process seems to be broken.

I agree that we need to unite, but since we all work in different locations, and for different locals how do we unite? And what do we do if we do unite. The grievance process seems to be broken.

We first have to get the chaotic mess under control. Neither UPS Freight nor IBT are going to do it. The current situation works in both their favors. Here is a couple of big things that will get the IBT's attention.

I would put some heavy pressure not only on the local presidents that aren't doing their jobs (I'm leaving out the stewards in this, they are working hard enough), but Hoffa's administration too.

Everyone submit a withdrawl card. If you are in a right to work state, they still have to represent you. When they aren't getting paid anymore, you will see how important we are to them. My bet is they pull out or at least threaten to do so. They shouldn't need the money. They got 6.5 billion from UPS.

This should get their attention and let us know just how important we really are to them.

We must make them tell us what is going on with all of our greivances. Where are they, how are they arguing them, how is UPS Freight arguing them, has Hoffa's second in command decided to side with the company and commit mis-representation so we can file with the NLRB (I'm 95% sure he already has and got nailed for it). I have noticed that the IBT web page doesn't get updated and today the UPS Freight tab wasn't their at all (I will check back).

These 2 things will drop a big poo in the punch bowl of their little game and start holding the right people accountable. It will start ratcheting down the chaos to a dull roar.

When we hold everyone to the letter of the contract, only then can we start trying to set precidence and filling in the voids that the contract has. This will narrow the avenues the company has to exploit the contract to fit their needs. Thus, it will start limiting the ways we can get bent over. I think you will find the company is already setting precidence in their favor.

The power is in our money. Why should we pay for something we're not getting. Would you walk into a restaurant and pay for the food you'r not getting? If you hired some one to clean your house and all they did was hide the dirt and mess under your bed, wouldn't you give them a good cussing before you kicked them out? (If you don't understand that one, ask your wife. HA HA No offense to the guys who know how to clean house).

We should also set up threads on this board for each greivance catagory and keep them up to date. Put in the actual arguments from both sides. This way, we can tailor our arguments and win more greivances.

This sound like some thing we can do or am I just wasting my time? We will see. Have a good one, hope this gives you an answer.

Where have you been? This has been the language since the beginning. For ALL purposes, your company seniority date will be the first day you worked as a full time employee in the service center you are working in now. Company seniority date will be used for layoffs, run bids, vacation bids, etc. Years of service only count toward vacation accrual.

I seem to be either misinformed or just haven't been sprayed with enough Teamster ether yet, but I'm not finding anything in Article 5 about an employee's transfer date being used as their hire date. The only time a transfer's seniority is mentioned was in developing the initial local cartage seniority list. The very first paragraph in article 5 states &quot;...the employee's seniority for all purposes shall be the first day worked as a probationary employee.&quot;

In other words, we're getting screwed and folks such as yourself are attempting to spread misinformation about it. How about we wait for the decision to come from the NLRB and see how they read it. When you get screwed from both directions, sometimes it pays to have an outside source to help when you have been wronged. If you can't read the contract, then please don't give the appearance of being an authority on it.

webidiot- I'm talking about the company seniority date being changed for people who have transferred from one terminal to another.

Yes, there were several people who filed over this with the NLRB. It's been a few months in the making, but one of the group who has been keeping in contact with them over this is supposed to hear a decision from them in the next week or two. I'm looking forward to it one way or the other.

webidiot- I'm talking about the company seniority date being changed for people who have transferred from one terminal to another.

Yes, there were several people who filed over this with the NLRB. It's been a few months in the making, but one of the group who has been keeping in contact with them over this is supposed to hear a decision from them in the next week or two. I'm looking forward to it one way or the other.

Alot of guys like you . Transferred all over the country knowing full well the consistences of doing so .Now hoping to use the contract language to jump up the board with your company seniority. Let me know how that works out for you.