TForce | Transfer Seniority

you can't bid where you want, you have to stay in your classification otherwise you go to the bottom of the board and lose all senority. this is the problem.

I don't like it anymore than the next guy. However, Everyone knows this is the way it is before they change classifications.

I don't like it anymore than the next guy. However, Everyone knows this is the way it is before they change classifications.

was it a past practice that you have to quit and get rehired so you lose any vacation days you have gaines, and start at base pay and not get paid for holidays for one year? is this the way it was??

you did not have to have a previous contract to have past practice if that is the way overnite did it then you have that same past practice now, the contract does not change that.

was it a past practice that you have to quit and get rehired so you lose any vacation days you have gaines, and start at base pay and not get paid for holidays for one year? is this the way it was??

No it isn't. If you transfered to a newly opened terminal you went by company seniority. If you transfered to another terminal already open you went to the bottom of that classification and built your seniority from there. As far as holidays you got your holiday pay the first year. I can't remember if there was a 3 month waiting period or not (new hires). I believe there was for benefits. Its been a long time for me.

When we were still Overnite, and still had "normal" people running things, no-one ever had to quit and be re-hired at another terminal just to transfer. In the "good ole days", if you wanted to transfer, and the terminal you wanted to go to had an opening in the classification you wanted, you just put in for a transfer. If both terminal managers agreed to you transferring then you transferred. You went to the bottom of the classification seniority list but retained your total company seniority for vacation bidding and also layoffs. There was never any mention at all of 'Terminal Seniority'. Ive been working her for over thirty years and have transferred twice. I always knew what the deal was when I transferred and the Company has always treated me fairly. There was no such thing as terminal seniority until THE BROTHERHOOD CAME IN THE PICTURE. An employee works at a terminal for the company,it should'nt matter how many terminals you've worked at if they've all been with the same company as far as layoffs go. Your dedication and hard work for the company as a whole,not justin your current terminal, should count for something.