FedEx Freight | truck conditions

when fedex stop having trucks washed 2 yrs ago and I was told at RKI when washing my truck I could get in trouble that told me if they dont care why should I,it was not like I was doing it on the clock I was on delay waiting for my loads on my own time.
My reply to the person that said that was let me get this straight I could get in trouble for keeping my truck clean???I give up let them look like every other truck on the road.

You should not care about anything other than what is a Safety issue. Windshield,Mirrors, side windows, back window and Mechanical defects. About 2 years ago the game was changed, some people caught on and others are still arguing and pleading their cases. The only solution is a TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE! No Cigs, No Chew,snuff, cigars,plug,or anything containing tobacco on Fedex property. The same as the ALCOHOL POLICY. Will this finally settle it?

Last edited by a moderator:
One wash a year would be nice.I have a fairly new tractor that hasnt been washed since last year and I think the clear coat is pretty much ruined.

POPCORN said:
You should not care about anything other than what is a Safety issue. Windshield,Mirrors, side windows, back window and Mechanical defects. About 2 years ago the game was changed, some people caught on and others are still arguing and pleading their cases. The only solution is a TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE! No Cigs, No Chew,snuff, cigars,plug,or anything containing tobacco on Fedex property. The same as the ALCOHOL POLICY. Will this finally settle it?

That will not stop smoking in the trucks. It will only force people to stand outside the gate to smoke. They allready have to go to the designated area to smoke.

That will not stop smoking in the trucks. It will only force people to stand outside the gate to smoke. They allready have to go to the designated area to smoke.

The Snapshot people were just at my terminal and stood watch over all of us as we entered the building to see if we had the proper belt on, and they tossed a few trucks... and confiscated some contraband items. Oh, and the old rumors about Memphis and Harrison assigning tractors will soon become a harsh reality. So, how much do you really care about your tractor??? It is like a forklift, a tool that works, kind of like you... an asset - a piece of revenue producing equipment. Hey you TOP guys on the board bend over and smile. The last vestige of your pride in your job will soon vanish.

POPCORN said:
The Snapshot people were just at my terminal and stood watch over all of us as we entered the building to see if we had the proper belt on, and they tossed a few trucks... and confiscated some contraband items. Oh, and the old rumors about Memphis and Harrison assigning tractors will soon become a harsh reality. So, how much do you really care about your tractor??? It is like a forklift, a tool that works, kind of like you... an asset - a piece of revenue producing equipment. Hey you TOP guys on the board bend over and smile. The last vestige of your pride in your job will soon vanish.

Popcorn doesnt know what he is talking about,as usual.At my barn corporate assigned road tractors last bid.This bid they are letting them bid what they want.

Don't assume that because his screen name is redshirt, he is actually a Supervisor. I refuse to believe that anyone who has that much trouble with the English language could have become a a manager... redshirt = :stirthepot:
I dont come over to YRC prob former Roadway Managment

i have always got hand me down, nasty tractors anyway, i will just be in the shop the next few months getting things fixed again, when will the madness stop

What's The Difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? ?.......................

For a company that's all... Hell Bent... on "Public Image" why is it that FDX Memphis dictate's that FDX. Express tractor's have to be spotless! and yet FDx. FRT. tracter's which are seen by the public as well, are filthy! Mr. Smith own's everything FDX, and frieght's tracter's are filthy. Hello Hootersville What's the difference here. :regretful:

hey red shirt don't u think u guys are already a little challanged screwing up loads and not dispatching the right way? and as for following no smoking policy, well my sup's never follow any policy so why should I

POPCORN said:

At my location trucks are assigned to runs and drivers bid the runs. Local drivers are assigned some trucks but most just choose what they would like to use for the day from what is available.
If tossed means they inspected some trucks that's a good thing. They all need to be inspected.
So how many failed the snapshot for a belt? How long have we been at this now?

TOP ? Humm is there a message there. Who is or would TOP be directed at. Is he saying TOP as in TOP shelf ? Or TOP notch drivers or is he saying all TOP (topeka ks) drivers bend over. Because I for one am a TOP driver. :)

I think he is jealous of those that have some strap. Poor little littlestrapper.
Signed
Medium strapper (only have 20 yrs of strap, still waiting to be a big strapper)

I think he is jealous of those that have some strap. Poor little littlestrapper.
Signed
Medium strapper (only have 20 yrs of strap, still waiting to be a big strapper)

Congrats on the 20 years. At what point is someone a big strapper??? I'm about to hit 30. Please explain...cause I keep hearing I'm a medium. Oh wait, that's because I keep talkin' to myself. Thank god for bluetooth, long as I've got one in my ear, folks think I'm on a cell phone, and therefore not talking to myself and crazy as a loon!!! Hey, should I go out and buy a cell phone??? I've always wanted one...and it would justify the $49.95 I spent on the bluetooth headset!!!

Before bluetooth, I had to constantly explain my ramblings....to the police, the District Attorney, the Psycho ward doctor...Rush Limbaugh, Hillary Clinton....I do miss the shock therapy...

Gotta love being a FedEx employee....

and that's what i thought it is all the company's fault as for smoking in tractor's it will be enfroced. if not you will be released for failure to follow instructions.

Who's fault is we can no longer wash our own trucks? Fine, deal with the smokers, but quit blaming us for the results your policies. The cleanliness of the trucks should be the least of your worries. The massive amount of damaged freight is the result of your dock policies. The morale of the people in this company is the result of your campaign against us. The poor morale results in people not giving a damn about anything except their paychecks. Why bother with sweeping out your truck so the next guy can just trash it? Why worry about the customers when it's obvious the company doesn't. Why worry about anything? Just do your job, stay under the radar, and go home.

You people, and I say "you" because you drink the Kool-Aid, have no one but yourselves to blame for every trashed pallet, every unreported ding in the equipment, every lost customer, and employees doing as little as they can to just get a paycheck.

You people have no idea what this company could be if the employees felt like they mattered more than a slab of meat to produce numbers for your 25 year old college graduates who understand spreadsheets more than they could ever understand the true business of trucking.

Keep sneaking around inspecting tractors and deal with the tiny things you can. Don't even think of getting involved with the big items, they are beyond you and your superiors to every understand let alone repair. Keep treating us like the enemy and we'll reach new heights of I Don't Give A Damnitis.

We are still allowed to wash our trucks in KCY. We even have our own wash bay. Why would Fedex restrict someone from washing a truck to make it look better?

Guardrail

We has a wash bay and a drive trough but we still can't. They pay a shop guy to do it. He does just enough to not get into trouble