TForce | Truckload Division to Start Moving LTL Loads - Monday 3/16/2009!

don't you know that is the UPS way there is no one else, all customers should fall on there knees to the great UPS, and be thankful!!!! We are the tightst ship in the shipping business. Go Brown,NOT!!!!

You accept too much!

But, then again... Your terminal is in a different situation... isn't it?

(that is not a personal attack... that is a generalization - towards anyone agreeing with Your reasoning above)

Us terminals that have suffered significant job loss, lay-offs and are not even mentioning hiring additional help moving forward into the spring and summer months...

Are not going to be so "assuming"

This is suppose to be a Meet and Greet Operation!

Isn't that the direction that was presented?

The elimination of lay-over’s...

With only 12,600 employees at time of ratification...

I am not so willing to accept the BS placed upon Us all throughout this last winter!

Granted the economy took a down swing...

But, an awful lot was given away... unnecessarily!

I see no justification in anything done to this point!

I see no justification in this Truckload Division - hauling Our freight!

Meet and Greets...

Turns and Burns...

That is what We should be Accepting!

That is what We should be Promoting!

Anything else...

is a Smokescreen to Additional Job Loss and Terminal Consolidation.

12,600 - Accelerator...

A Very Small Number... considering an Operation of this Magnitude...

Stamped with a Big Brown and Gold Shield!

I do not take this as a personal attack gentelmen, I consider this a debate of sorts. First of all, in referance to sleeper teams and those on layoff, I am with you all, I believe these people should be working.

Being a realist in the business I can see on the note that nik started the thread with, it seems to me that we are now handeling loads that are of a timely manner, one must ask themselves ( what inspired this) this could be a desperate attempt to get the freight from point a to point b in an efficient manner spending as little of monies in the process as opposed to hitting 25 terminals enroute.

Now if this is the case, yes sleeper teams could run this stuff I would agree, and I do not believe this should be shifted to a non union party particularly "CON WAY" I would rather see our own, TL division take the freight as opposed to the alternate I have mentioned for 1. which puts us in a more profitable state ( inhouse).

Secondly, I am speaking in referance to direct runs terminal to terminal. Manchester NH to MIAMI FL. I remember someone telling me this was going to happen more often and I think it was a TL person who told me this.

In my run I see TL (UPSF) all the time, as a matter of fact I deliver to a place he goes to on a regular basis, he brings in the 30 skids and I bring in 2-4 skids a day. I can tell you it is a relief knowing it is UPSF as opposed to Conway.

This is what I am inferring, not that Teamsters should not have the work, the gentelman I referanced above makes a direct run from Georgia to NH and then back to Mass, then back to Georgia. Every week.

don't you know that is the UPS way there is no one else, all customers should fall on there knees to the great UPS, and be thankful!!!! We are the tightst ship in the shipping business. Go Brown,NOT!!!!

It isn't Brown... it's Blue!

:boat: UPS isn't Steering this Ship!

i wish you people would get over this BS that it is still Overnite. That company is dead and gone period!!! UPs calls the shots now, this is the way they like it, everybody upset, aggated, and mis trusting of everyone else, this way they can better control you. People from Brown don't post very offten on this sit, because they have learned, go to work do what your told,get along the best you can, leave and forget the about the place.

Secondly, I am speaking in referance to direct runs terminal to terminal. Manchester NH to MIAMI FL. I remember someone telling me this was going to happen more often and I think it was a TL person who told me this.

Accountability is the Problem!

It is going to be impossible to police this!

How many loads do You think have slipped into MCH - from say HRS?

I know You (personally) would have a problem with this... Right?

Or would You be content with Your two (2) HRS drivers having freight to pull back... and consider this as overflow - warranting the additional truck (s)...

What about PHL?

You guy's don't even have a PHL run...

What I'm saying is this:

Yea, I agree... better for Us as a whole - since it is UPS Truckload...

But, allow them to join forces (organize) and allow Us all the opportunity to bid into those runs!

(just like the Zone Drivers... We should All have equal opportunity - to bid into these runs!)

I'm sure there are people locally that would run long... just as I'm sure their are people currently in Truckload - that took the job out of necessity... and would prefer to be home every night...

Then pound the sheit out of it... and allow it to grow - without having to work around it!

i wish you people would get over this BS that it is still Overnite. That company is dead and gone period!!! UPs calls the shots now, this is the way they like it, everybody upset, aggated, and mis trusting of everyone else, this way they can better control you. People from Brown don't post very offten on this sit, because they have learned, go to work do what your told,get along the best you can, leave and forget the about the place.

Your Wrong!

You'll See!

Accountability is the Problem!

It is going to be impossible to police this!

How many loads do You think have slipped into MCH - from say HRS?

I know You (personally) would have a problem with this... Right?

Or would You be content with Your two (2) HRS drivers having freight to pull back... and consider this as overflow - warranting the additional truck (s)...

What about PHL?

You guy's don't even have a PHL run...

What I'm saying is this:

Yea, I agree... better for Us as a whole - since it is UPS Truckload...

But, allow them to join forces (organize) and allow Us all the opportunity to bid into those runs!

(just like the Zone Drivers... We should All have equal opportunity - to bid into these runs!)

I'm sure there are people locally that would run long... just as I'm sure their are people currently in Truckload - that took the job out of necessity... and would prefer to be home every night...

Then pound the sheit out of it... and allow it to grow - without having to work around it!

I cannot speak for the rest of the terminals, but up here we have 2 HRS drivers, both are busy, now if freight was moving out of here ( WITH PEOPLE on layoff )with a contractor,or TL, I would have a problem with it, and would make it very well known.

I do agree truckload should get on the bandwagon, it would be good for them, but from what I have read on the boards the Teamsters is not widely accepted amongst TL drivers.

And no we do not have a PHL run, just HRS,NWB,and SBR.

I do agree truckload should get on the bandwagon, it would be good for them, but from what I have read on the boards the Teamsters is not widely accepted amongst TL drivers.

They might be now!

The guy that gave Me the info...

His first call was to his boss asking if they were going to receive Our pay for the miles...

Obviously the answer was No...

His second call...

To Us! :1036316054:

Nightwalker found out today this is all true. UPS did not want you guys to go union, so this is how they are getting you back. Guys are talking about a wildcat strike. If you want to keep your jobs,it's time to fight back. Guys with years and years of senioity are about to lose their jobs and everything they have invested into Overnite and UPS. Now is the time for all you drivers to get together and do something about this. Write your newspapers, call the T.V. news stations, call your congressmen,senaters,anybody who will listen. Let them know what UPS is like and what their doing to you drivers.

There goes any hope of callbacks for our roadguys on layoff! Will these Truckload employees be held to the appearance policy like we are? Some of 'em have uniforms the other ones I see are in tshirts/jeans, like any other TL outfit...

I'm assuming they will be dispatched like contractors are, to avoid infringing on our contract? Or will UPS Freight Truckload be eliminating the use contractors like Landspan, JNJ, etc.???

UPS, Can use con-way truckload they will get it there on time.

Nightwalker found out today this is all true. UPS did not want you guys to go union, so this is how they are getting you back. Guys are talking about a wildcat strike. If you want to keep your jobs,it's time to fight back. Guys with years and years of senioity are about to lose their jobs and everything they have invested into Overnite and UPS. Now is the time for all you drivers to get together and do something about this. Write your newspapers, call the T.V. news stations, call your congressmen,senaters,anybody who will listen. Let them know what UPS is like and what their doing to you drivers.

Thats your opinion.... my opinion is IF UPS did not want us to be union..guess what? we wouldn't be union... PERIOD
Strike..in this economy... whatever

Last week our # 2 seniority driver was told that his Fresno run was cut and was going to truckload starting the 16th.

Are you sure about that mossbackman. I heard that about a KC turn also and it never happened. I won't disclose the terminals here. PM me if you want to know. But you might already know....

I'm sorry but you are 100% wrong here. UPS most certainly wanted us union. They could of very easily kept us from going union by giving us the same kind of pay we are getting now. However, They didn't offer any changes.

DON'T YOU REMEMBER ALL THAT?:duh:

What you are seeing is what UPS does to it's employee's without a good contract. It would of been a lot worse without a contract. That is why I held my nose and signed the card. But I didn't vote for this crap.
All we can do now is wait for the end of this contract and keep INDY away from the table.:popcorn:

i agree with skeeter,not only did ups want us union with this wimpy contract but the teamsters were bought with the moneys for the ups retirement out of teamsters fund.don't get me wrong,we needed the teamsters and now that congress is about to ratify card sign well have a lot more numbers to help us bring back the power of the working class!

Thats your opinion.... my opinion is IF UPS did not want us to be union..guess what? we wouldn't be union... PERIOD
Strike..in this economy... whatever

I guess no one will ever know if UPS wanted you guys union or not. The only one that know for sure is UPS. I just don't understand some of you guys on here. How can you sit back and just let the company walk all over you guys?
But I bet you guys will be the first to post on here b******* when you are told they no longer need your services. Fight to save your jobs....that's what I say...no matter what it takes. My Opionion.

I guess no one will ever know if UPS wanted you guys union or not. The only one that know for sure is UPS. I just don't understand some of you guys on here. How can you sit back and just let the company walk all over you guys?
But I bet you guys will be the first to post on here b******* when you are told they no longer need your services. Fight to save your jobs....that's what I say...no matter what it takes. My Opionion.

We've become part of a big well oiled machine, a machine that could care less about the fate of a few hundred or a few thousand drivers and dockworkers that are the real backbone of UPS Freight, not the smiling suits in the front office.

When I went to the vote for the contract I went to vote no, just on the subcontractor issue and now we have more and more coming in along with truckload now. Heck I don't just see the biggies like werner, celedon, knight ect, but little mutt and jeff co's who only have 2 or 3 drivers tops.

We file greviance after greivance and nothing happens so maybe you're right. To quote a line from my favorite song by the Who "If you let em do it to you you've got yourself to blame"

One thing I know for sure

WE ARE THE COMPANY AND WE ARE THE UNION!!