FedEx Freight | Trucks assigned to runs.

I understand keeping the mileage "somewhat" equal,,, BUT,,, there is NO sense of "this is my truck,, I'm going to take care of it" anymore... Now I realize some people try to destroy everything,,, including their own,,,
But "some" of us are truck drivers,,, not a driver of a truck,,,, that were brought up to respect the equipment that makes you money,,, or gets you to the store.... Thankyou college computer idiots for once again
destroying (eating at) what morale we have left............ Maybe you people should look up the word Morale,,, and see what you can benefit from it................

I think the important issue is SAFETY!!!!!!! I drove a Volvo for 9 years and then I got a Kenworth, it took me a year to become comfortable in the PIECE OF ::shit::!!!! Now I will be driving whatever is assigned to the bid!!!! I can't wait until the January bid to get one of those automatics and end up in the woods!!!! THIS ::shit:: SUCKS!!!!! SAFETY FIRST!!!!!! Now the road drivers are at each others throats!!! Thats great we are now one BIG disfunctional company.... MORAL has TANKED and even a cook out can't save this diaster!!!! SHOW ME THE MONEY and I'm hanging on for dear life to whats left of my job!!!!!! THE EXTRA MILE ENDS HERE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the important issue is SAFETY!!!!!!! I drove a Volvo for 9 years and then I got a Kenworth, it took me a year to become comfortable in the PIECE OF ::shit::!!!! Now I will be driving whatever is assigned to the bid!!!! I can't wait until the January bid to get one of those automatics and end up in the woods!!!! THIS ::shit:: SUCKS!!!!! SAFETY FIRST!!!!!! Now the road drivers are at each others throats!!! Thats great we are now one BIG disfunctional company.... MORAL has TANKED and even a cook out can't save this diaster!!!! SHOW ME THE MONEY and I'm hanging on for dear life to whats left of my job!!!!!! THE EXTRA MILE ENDS HERE!!!!!!!!!

won't be a bid in January it will be in March

What takes a year to get comfortable in a truck, just curious?

roog

roog

Have you had to drive one of the KW's very much. There a piece of ::shit::. All I can say is they must get them very cheap. I would rather drive one of the old red racer volvo's than a KW. There is very poor visibility, they will beat you to death, even with the air ride. Ask any city driver which truck they would rather drive in the city? The volvo is an all around better truck for what we do!!!

I agree. KW's suck as does this totally senseless policy. We have a dozen trucks well with a few hundred or a thousand between each other. Pointless, did I mention that? I use to come in with a bucket of soapy water, clorox cleanup and shiny stuff and now I no longer see the point. Guess this is what they want though. Oh well

Have you had to drive one of the KW's very much. There a piece of ::shit::. All I can say is they must get them very cheap. I would rather drive one of the old red racer volvo's than a KW. There is very poor visibility, they will beat you to death, even with the air ride. Ask any city driver which truck they would rather drive in the city? The volvo is an all around better truck for what we do!!!

Rodedawg, as a western driver I drove KW's for 29 years, always thought they were the best tractor on the highway. Drove a volvo once, when my KW was in the shop. Dumped the kw, kept the volvo. Can't believe what a piece of ::shit:: a kw is compared to a volvo. You wouldn't believe all the hatred directed my way by other senior western drivers who tell me I've sold my soul to satan by driving an "AF" truck. They can all kiss my butt! RC will be responding shortly, telling me where to go, how to get there (in a volvo hopefully), and what to do when I get there. He might even draw me a map to make sure I don't get lost! What say you RC???

ST

roog

If my mind serves me correctly, you have had your super single volvo since it was new. I hope you get to keep it, because they're trying to spread those wonderful KW's around the country, I guess so everybody can have a few of them because nobody likes them. My 11xxx series KW has been broke down for 4 weeks now, it came back a week ago and it's still sitting in the same spot they parked it. I'll just keep driving this old volvo spare until this new bid takes affect, then I guess I'll have to start driving another 11xxx KW???

I took one of those fantastic T-660 KWs on it's maiden voyage and lost Vorad and cruise with 93 miles on the clock. It wouldn't reset for nothing.

If my mind serves me correctly, you have had your super single volvo since it was new. I hope you get to keep it, because they're trying to spread those wonderful KW's around the country, I guess so everybody can have a few of them because nobody likes them. My 11xxx series KW has been broke down for 4 weeks now, it came back a week ago and it's still sitting in the same spot they parked it. I'll just keep driving this old volvo spare until this new bid takes affect, then I guess I'll have to start driving another 11xxx KW???

My first was R2214, an International, then a WCA Volvo (square nose) R2751 and a bunch of red racers, R6751 was a Meritor 12 speed auto Kenworth. Those have gotten better with the removal of the air ride cab, but R7477 was a twin turbo Caterpillar powered AutoShift, it had zero power and was slow to boot. I've had my Super Single Volvo the longest of course, but I've been assigned the short cab KWs like R10017 and the extended ones as well, R10849, ran a few bids in that one.

The KWs are better than they used to be, but they're not horrible either. I don't do P&D anymore, so I can't comment about using them for that. And no, I will not be able to keep my Volvo next bid because I've put a lotta miles on her.

roog

I somewhat understand having the newest trucks on the longest runs, but I think it darn stupid to think someone in Harrison or Memphis can set up slipseats better than a terminals dispatcher can. From some of the slipseats I've heard of at our yard we'll need to take a book to read while we wait on our trucks every morning. This is a slap in the face of local management saying Harrison can do it better. It's pretty ironic that when there is something that is working real well they have to screw it up. I think about 99% of these changes that get thrown at us are nothing more than a brainfart of some gogetter hoping that eventually they'll get one right and get an attaboy. Things would go a whole lot smoother if a little common sense was used alittle more and spred sheats and computers alo less.

Im excited about the bidding of runs with trucks already assigned to them. I get to leave the the truck Ive had for 5 years and get into a truck that will test my bodys ability to fight off disease. After lookin at the truck I was told the potato harvest from the dirt in the trucks floor will be a bumper crop. Been lookin on ebay for level 1 bio hazard suits.

hate to bring this back up, but i am hearing it is your tm discretion to assign trucks, heard fwa and mie get to keep their trucks after the drivers bitched about it, so i thought this was a company wide thing, are they doing this like the raise we got, good for some and not others, ibid on a truck this time, not the run that i have been on which i wanted to keep, but they put a junk truck on that bid, so i just want to know why some terminals get keep the truck they have been driving for years and other dont, please someone help me to understand

bumped said:
hate to bring this back up, but i am hearing it is your tm discretion to assign trucks, heard fwa and mie get to keep their trucks after the drivers bitched about it, so i thought this was a company wide thing, are they doing this like the raise we got, good for some and not others, ibid on a truck this time, not the run that i have been on which i wanted to keep, but they put a junk truck on that bid, so i just want to know why some terminals get keep the truck they have been driving for years and other dont, please someone help me to understand

SBN drivers get to choose tractors also.We have 22 Road and all but about three are shuttles,some do double turns. Maybe assigning trucks makes less difference on smaller boards?

Be happy you hae a J........O............B! Many truck drivers out their without work that could step right into sny positiion

No there isn't. There might be a lot of drivers out there without a job that pays .57 a mile, but if they aren't working, they aren't looking.

Guardrail

This is exactly what these companies want the employees to think...

If the available driver pool were as such we wouldn't be making .57 per mile...

Keep the employees believing they are easily replaced and they become readily controlled...to a fault

Truth is...(and check it with the ATA)...there is no reliable driver pool.

Nobody wants to do this type of work anymore.

The only reason people are doing it now is the economy. When it improves the trucking companies are going to be screwed.

Can't wait.

Rat

This is exactly what these companies want the employees to think...

If the available driver pool were as such we wouldn't be making .57 per mile...

Keep the employees believing they are easily replaced and they become readily controlled...to a fault

Truth is...(and check it with the ATA)...there is no reliable driver pool.

Nobody wants to do this type of work anymore.

The only reason people are doing it now is the economy. When it improves the trucking companies are going to be screwed.

Can't wait.

Rat

You missed the point. Just because a driver is unemployed doesn't mean there isn't any jobs out there. A driver that stays unemployed for very long isn't looking for work. It may not be the type and pay he or she wants, but there is work.

I used to think the standards at Fedex are higher and that's why we make more than average. I don't think that any more. After watching all the stupid **** go on in the yards and on the roads with Fedex drivers involvement, I have to say we have our share of the self centered, ignorant steering wheel holders here. I don't know why we make as much as we do.

Guardrail

redshirt said:
just one more way to remind you who is in charge
also we should not spend all this money on these trucks when we could get basic tractors for half the cost.

You have no idea what a tractor costs,ours are actually one step above being bare bones. Im sure radios are standard,and I bet the extra safety devices cost us next to nothing. A company this size gets a decent tractor for what other people get really spartan ones for.