FedEx Freight | Trucks assigned to runs.

Shouldnt have to buy anything to get the smoke smell out. Drivers need not smoke, its company policy and if you drive my truck I will go to my center manager everyday even if they dont anything about it. I am a compny man!

well been in my new, used assigned truck, keep in mind, mine had 780 k on her and never been an issue, now i got one with 600 k, bad air leak had to order part, fuel leak on the side of the motor, got these things fixed, i have to keep adding antifreeze to it, they cant find the leak, seat is torn, it has been wrecked at one time, mud flap is lose and rattles, they wont fix any of these other issues until pm time, if they do then, i want the truck i drove back now....... anyone else want to chime in

Guardrail said:
EGR cooler for the antifreeze leak. Burns up in the exhaust and you never see it.

Guardrail

It can also make it's way into the crankcase. Keep an eye out for oil color and level.

Cummins is famous for EGR cooler failure. Easiest way to check is smell the exhaust. It will have a sweet smell and you may see a little white smoke if it's bad enough.

Guardrail

Why should I be looking worked my butt off for over 16 years and I'm sitting at home waiting for that phone call. Who knew after the merge, that they were going by job classification and not company seniority. Aim just waiting to get lay-off for my severance pay, then I'll start looking.

The biggest problem we have here is if thier is one glitch be it on the guy during the day or me at night, thier is not enough time bettween the runs and one of us ends up in a diffrent trk. Since I hate the R122 series trks
go ahead put me in a volvo or a older KW.

Why should I be looking worked my butt off for over 16 years and I'm sitting at home waiting for that phone call. Who knew after the merge, that they were going by job classification and not company seniority. Aim just waiting to get lay-off for my severance pay, then I'll start looking.

Ummmmm, everyone knew. That's the way it's always been done. If what you say is true, that's pretty ignorant for a 16 year driver

When it comes down to it I really don't care what I drive. Theres only two types that I won't drive. The old 6000 series kw amd city smurf. Other than that I don't pay for it so I don't care. I don't care how many miles it has on it.

You will drive whatever the hell they tell you to drive.

End of story....

Rat

"Why should I be looking worked my butt off for over 16 years and I'm sitting at home waiting for that phone call. Who knew after the merge, that they were going by job classification and not company seniority. Aim just waiting to get lay-off for my severance pay, then I'll start looking."

Your company time will save you from layoffs but your still going to be a the bottom of the linehaul board. anyone who's been around here knows that except for maybe you

That is so true Bigdaddy. I am a city driver and frequently have to take a road tractor. I had a Road Driver stop me at the gate one day after being in the city all day, I was headed out for one last pickup. he proceeded to tell me a Road Driver was waiting for this truck. So I leaned out and looked down at the door and asked him if that said FedEx or did I miss something. That set him off. i was dispatched on that truck early that morning. He thought I just randomly took a road tractor. We carry bricks they know what we are driving. Again it says FedEx on the Truck.

That is so true Bigdaddy. I am a city driver and frequently have to take a road tractor. I had a Road Driver stop me at the gate one day after being in the city all day, I was headed out for one last pickup. he proceeded to tell me a Road Driver was waiting for this truck. So I leaned out and looked down at the door and asked him if that said FedEx or did I miss something. That set him off. i was dispatched on that truck early that morning. He thought I just randomly took a road tractor. We carry bricks they know what we are driving. Again it says FedEx on the Truck.

Different policies in different places, when I was P&D and using a linehaul tractor when I got back in from my route and took a later swap I had to park the linehaul unit and get a peddle truck.

roog

Long time reader, first time poster:

Correct me if I am wrong. If a truck is assigned to a run and you bid said run, then you are assigned the same unit for the duration of the bid. Therefore, you DO have an assigned truck that you can take care of and pride in until the next bid at which time you can either bid the run where "your girl" gets assigned or find a new one to love. Just MHO.

long time reader, first time poster:

Correct me if i am wrong. If a truck is assigned to a run and you bid said run, then you are assigned the same unit for the duration of the bid. Therefore, you do have an assigned truck that you can take care of and pride in until the next bid at which time you can either bid the run where "your girl" gets assigned or find a new one to love. Just mho.

very well said!!!

Does anyone know if this truck assignment to runs is supposed to be every center or center managers choice????