Holland | TURN THE F-ING TRUCKS UP !

Well waiting for the next pep-talk by T-Shack and ask him why are we the slowest trucks on the road ?? and then the company can't complain about freight being late when we are moving so slow down the interstate highways !! and plus you are paying city driver's by the minute at 62 mph ??????

Well waiting for the next pep-talk by T-Shack and ask him why are we the slowest trucks on the road ?? and then the company can't complain about freight being late when we are moving so slow down the interstate highways !! and plus you are paying city driver's by the minute at 62 mph ??????
It will have to wait Wong because TShack will be in Memphis next week working with our new TM (John) from SL.

TURN THE TRUCKS UP TO DO AT LEAST THE SPEED LIMIT !! It's like OMG , you are "extremely" short of driver's BUT won't turn the trucks up to run at least the speed limit and to cover more miles per day and get the freight moving :6799: just can't fix stupid :chairshot:

So, turn the trucks up so you can run more miles to offset the 15% wage reduction....work 30% harder to make up the 15%? IF, everyone would run legal, they will have to adjust These trucks are hard enough to drive at 62. let alone turn them up to faster speeds....they cant handle it..

So, turn the trucks up so you can run more miles to offset the 15% wage reduction....work 30% harder to make up the 15%? IF, everyone would run legal, they will have to adjust These trucks are hard enough to drive at 62. let alone turn them up to faster speeds....they cant handle it..

Remember when 55 mph was top speed in LTL ?
Along comes 58 mph and power steering with air conditioning with a air ride seat and a heated mirror. That was the cat's ass ! Put your big old radio box on the dog house and your donut on the seat. 4 sets of three railers riding on the tank.

Last edited:
Unless you experience it yourself you would not believe how the guys are running and sticking knives in their brothers backs every chance they get. The new guys and some of the old guys are just terrible, they take their shower early and then when they get their two hour call they immediately head over to the terminal an hour or more early to try and get a jump on the other guys. They do not do a pre trip they do not start their logs and they actually run across the parking lot trying to beat another driver to the next terminal. If you tell them they have to wait for a driver that arrived at the terminal earlier in the morning than they did they tell you to file on it as they run to their truck. The term brother no longer applies to probably fifty percent of the drivers it is as cut throat as any non union company I have ever worked for, the company does not follow the rules and nobody does anything about it, the drivers do not follow the rules and nobody does anything about it, the union is almost dead, the company has won!

Unless you experience it yourself you would not believe how the guys are running and sticking knives in their brothers backs every chance they get. The new guys and some of the old guys are just terrible, they take their shower early and then when they get their two hour call they immediately head over to the terminal an hour or more early to try and get a jump on the other guys. They do not do a pre trip they do not start their logs and they actually run across the parking lot trying to beat another driver to the next terminal. If you tell them they have to wait for a driver that arrived at the terminal earlier in the morning than they did they tell you to file on it as they run to their truck. The term brother no longer applies to probably fifty percent of the drivers it is as cut throat as any non union company I have ever worked for, the company does not follow the rules and nobody does anything about it, the drivers do not follow the rules and nobody does anything about it, the union is almost dead, the company has won!
True , & Agree the Union is almost dead would say 90% & after 2019 & No Pension it will be Dead and yea every Driver is out for themselves , stabbing the other guy in the back every chance they get , for the longer run or best city run with dock only stops and etc ways !! R.I.P. the old union way !!

X8Esi2u.jpg

Had a city driver lose a drive tire yesterday running about 55 mph. Damn tire came off an went in a pond. It was a sterling.

Had a city driver lose a drive tire yesterday running about 55 mph. Damn tire came off an went in a pond. It was a sterling.
Sterling's will run forever , just put on a new tire & good to go !!! we have guys still driving 1999 Sterling's !!

True , & Agree the Union is almost dead would say 90% & after 2019 & No Pension it will be Dead and yea every Driver is out for themselves , stabbing the other guy in the back every chance they get , for the longer run or best city run with dock only stops and etc ways !! R.I.P. the old union way !!

Do you want our Steward he will stick it to you snitch you out every chance he gets, and then lie to you and tell you he is protecting your seniority.

So tired of the turn the truck up crowd. How about stop sleeping on the ramps. You will get there faster / pay raise
Evidently you aren't a road driver to say that you are sick of the turn up the truck crowd. The only reason anybody wants the trucks turned up is not to run 75 mph. It's so a driver can run the speed limit and not get run over. The company thinks they are saving money yet the trucks waste fuel trying to struggle up a small grade. Maybe you could turn your car back to 58 and see how much you like that.

I've been passed by some Holland drivers with my cruise set at 65. The Bendix radar was showing them going 67/68 on flat road.
Few guys still run 'Jumper Wires" to go fast or pay that truck stop "Laptop" dude to turn em up ! But all trucks should be able to run the speed limit !! Shortage of Driver's and freight sitting ,but won't turn the trucks up to get it moving ???????????????

Few guys still run 'Jumper Wires" to go fast or pay that truck stop "Laptop" dude to turn em up ! But all trucks should be able to run the speed limit !! Shortage of Driver's and freight sitting ,but won't turn the trucks up to get it moving ???????????????
That makes sense. It definitely caught me by surprise. I think most companies have freight sitting regardless of how fast their trucks can move.

I've been passed by some Holland drivers with my cruise set at 65. The Bendix radar was showing them going 67/68 on flat road.
I can do 68, snd I've had a couple pass me like it was nothing. Had to be well over 70. Totally caught me by surprise!

I think most companies have freight sitting regardless of how fast their trucks can move.
I disagree. Most carriers move their freight immediately because with the new tracking technology, the customers can watch it's every move. And it looks real bad when the customers know how the freight didn't move and they didn't get it on schedule.
If you don't move it on time, your replacement will.