FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
Following that logic you should be making the same as the drivers in China and India.

You don't believe that should be the case (either do I) but you don't want to admit that your regional demographics should be a factor. I'm out.

Have a good weekend!

China and India?? Grasping just a touch don't you think? I would expect as much, it's your job..

China and India?? Grasping just a touch don't you think? I would expect as much, it's your job..
You are entirely missing his point. You're contending that where you live should have no impact on how much you make. His argument is that if where you live doesn’t matter, you should STILL be grateful you're making more than a truck driver in India.

Can't see the forest for the trees or what? It's called cost of living. It's cheaper to live in flyover country than in a major metropolitan area, so you make less unless you commute. You seem to think it's fair for the guy living where it's cheap to have a bigger bank account than the guy who has to spend more on his house, family and general life.

You gonna say "His choice to live in the big city." in response? It's also your choice to live in the boonies. Go where the money is instead of expecting it to come to you. That's called commuting. Lots of people do it to make city wages while paying less for everything else.

Economics 101.

You are entirely missing his point. You're contending that where you live should have no impact on how much you make. His argument is that if where you live doesn’t matter, you should STILL be grateful you're making more than a truck driver in India.

Can't see the forest for the trees or what? It's called cost of living. It's cheaper to live in flyover country than in a major metropolitan area, so you make less unless you commute. You seem to think it's fair for the guy living where it's cheap to have a bigger bank account than the guy who has to spend more on his house, family and general life.

You gonna say "His choice to live in the big city." in response? It's also your choice to live in the boonies. Go where the money is instead of expecting it to come to you. That's called commuting. Lots of people do it to make city wages while paying less for everything else.

Economics 101.

When you two wake up who makes the bed??

When you two wake up who makes the bed??
Good to know that's all you can form as a response, since you clearly can't argue intelligently. You pro-union boys love your facts, but you just hate it when the facts don't agree with you. Might wanna "Getoverit".

Good to know that's all you can form as a response, since you clearly can't argue intelligently. You pro-union boys love your facts, but you just hate it when the facts don't agree with you. Might wanna "Getoverit".

I can't seem to figure you guys out as well, to use China is ignorant!!! We live in the USA!!! Use what you have to, think what you want!! To me it's you guys who go to extremes just to make your Union busing agenda work!! My response was to give you an answer as well parlayed as yours!!! Might as well just use MARS, Hell the whole universe!!! What ever works for you!!!!!!

I can't seem to figure you guys out as well, to use China is ignorant!!! We live in the USA!!! Use what you have to, think what you want!! To me it's you guys who go to extremes just to make your Union busing agenda work!! My response was to give you an answer as well parlayed as yours!!! Might as well just use MARS, Hell the whole universe!!! What ever works for you!!!!!!
Is it ignorant? Your exact words suggest that it shouldn't matter where you live. Are you now saying that Americans are entitled to make more money than people in other countries just because they live in the USA? Isn't that kinda like saying a guy who lives in New York City is entitled to make more money than a guy who lives in Nebraska?

You're starting to confuse me. And insult me, I might add, since I'm Canadian and proud. What makes an American more entitled to a good living than me, if your belief truly is that it shouldn't matter where you live? Because from where I'm standing, you can't seem to decide who's entitled to your idea of fairness.

I still find it interesting that the FIRST thing the union WILL negotiate is the Dues Check-off Clause!!!! IF they were truly here to "help" the drivers wouldn't they FIRST negotiate wages, benefits, working conditions, etc.. instead of making sure they get paid!!???!!!
The union is a business and they're in the business to make MONEY!!!
They're not here to "help" anybody.....unless they get paid first!!!
Kind of like a lawyer, They want their money upfront also. Everybody's got a job to do and they want to be paid for it.

Is it ignorant? Your exact words suggest that it shouldn't matter where you live. Are you now saying that Americans are entitled to make more money than people in other countries just because they live in the USA? Isn't that kinda like saying a guy who lives in New York City is entitled to make more money than a guy who lives in Nebraska?

You're starting to confuse me. And insult me, I might add, since I'm Canadian and proud. What makes an American more entitled to a good living than me, if your belief truly is that it shouldn't matter where you live? Because from where I'm standing, you can't seem to decide who's entitled to your idea of fairness.

I'm sorry, please forgive me!! By all means no one wants to insult you!!! I didn't have any clue that a union buster carried their feelings on their shoulders!! I will never agree with your way of thinking nor will you mine!!! I'll leave it at that!! Agree to disagree!! But China?? You ever been there.... You don't have a clue

I'm sorry, please forgive me!! By all means no one wants to insult you!!! I didn't have any clue that a union buster carried their feelings on their shoulders!! I will never agree with your way of thinking nor will you mine!!! I'll leave it at that!! Agree to disagree!! But China?? You ever been there.... You don't have a clue
Let me get a couple of things straight.
First: I'm not a buster. I'm a contractor for FedEx Freight Canada. I don't want the union telling me how to run my business or deciding who drives my truck, so I will never vote in the union.
Second: I have gone to bat for both sides of this argument, regardless of my own point of view, because I believe that people should make an educated decision for themselves instead of being bullied by one side or the other.
Third: I run up and down the highway every night with other contractors, many of whom came to Canada from India hoping to make more money. I've heard what it's like there from people who live there. And while I wasn't contending that it was an extreme point, it's a point nonetheless. You can't claim that everyone in one country doing one job making the same wage no matter what their costs are is fair because it's still NOT fair to people doing the same job in a different country NOR is it fair to the people living in parts of the country where it's expensive to live because they will have less money.

Tell me how I'm wrong instead of just disagreeing with me. The pro-union side likes to talk about fairness, so tell me how it's fair to not compensate someone for their higher cost of living. If you can answer that without placing any blame on the person living with higher expenses, I will congratulate you.

I can't seem to figure you guys out as well, to use China is ignorant!

Actually using China or India as examples should make it absolutely crystal clear to you how absurd the argument is that no matter where you live the job should pay the same amount. It's shouldn't. You know it, but it doesn't fit your agenda. So, rather than acknowledge that wages should vary by locale you get all pissy about China.

If there were billions of people working on Mars for a dollar a day I would have used Mars as an example.