FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
So just because a guy lives in a different city makes him worth less or more money!!!!! Priceless!!!!!

You are right, Getoverit. You should be making the same wage as the guy in India or China driving a truck. Just because it cost you more to live here doesn't mean you should get paid more than him. What the hell was I thinking?

Given the same skill set and experience as the next guy, you should be afforded to obtain the same standard of living.

So just because a guy lives in a different city makes him worth less or more money!!!!! Priceless!!!!!
Actually it does make him more valuable. Because it's so damn hard to find a replacement. In my barn, we've been trying to replace a road driver who retired in January. When it costs $600,000 to buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath home, not many truck drivers are willing to live in the area.

I'm sure you never mention Silicon Valley's wages to the infamous Alabama Gentleman? I'm sure if you explained your method he wood either laugh his rear off while going out the door, OR?? We'll never mind you get the gist!!!

Sure we would. If he wants to make that same wage he can move to Silicon Valley and earn them. We pay our employees as much as we need to in order to attract and retain the quality of employee we are seeking. In some areas we have to pay more to get that, in others areas we don't. Our employees, doing the same job to the same standard, should all be able to attain the same standard of living. Why do you have issue with that?

You are right, Getoverit. You should be making the same wage as the guy in India or China driving a truck. Just because it cost you more to live here doesn't mean you should get paid more than him. What the hell was I thinking?

Given the same skill set and experience as the next guy, you should be afforded to obtain the same standard of living.

Your response is very petty!!! I live in the United States,I've have visited south east Asia!!!! And when I was there trust me I didn't make much, of course you wouldn't understand!! I have paid my dues to this country so don't ever use China or any other country in comparisons with me my friend.. Maybe your just a little over paid, but then of course your perfect in every way!!! That's some silly crap there !!! India or China..... REALLY....

Actually it does make him more valuable. Because it's so damn hard to find a replacement. In my barn, we've been trying to replace a road driver who retired in January. When it costs $600,000 to buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath home, not many truck drivers are willing to live in the area.

You 2 are probably sitting right next to each other comparing notes!!!!!

Your response is very petty!!! I live in the United States,I've have visited south east Asia!!!! And when I was there trust me I didn't make much, of course you wouldn't understand!! I have paid my dues to this country so don't ever use China or any other country in comparisons with me my friend.. Maybe your just a little over paid, but then of course your perfect in every way!!! That's some silly crap there !!! India or China..... REALLY....

Your panties sure bunch easily.

You were arguing that where you live shouldn't have any bearing on how much you make. I was pointing out the fallacy of your logic. Obviously you have changed your mind. Where you live certainly has an impact on how much you should earn. Thanks for agreeing.

What I stated was fact, more less to compare, I will find out what abf"s total pay out per hour is & I an sure its a lot more the fedex pays per employee....As far as the 401k goes 100% on the first dollar impressive, ours is 0.50 plus our weekly contribution of $405.60 per 40 hours. You can come on here and blow all the smoke you want but fedex does not even come close to that the union carriers are paying out. Why do you think they are paying all this money to keep them out. But in the end win or lose your pay & benefits will increase because of the union threat & your low balling of the freight should decrease & the playing field will level out....
Not blowing smoke, just stating facts about Fedex pay and benefits. I like your Avatar brother, but this is a subject where we just don't agree.

Sure we would. If he wants to make that same wage he can move to Silicon Valley and earn them. We pay our employees as much as we need to in order to attract and retain the quality of employee we are seeking. In some areas we have to pay more to get that, in others areas we don't. Our employees, doing the same job to the same standard, should all be able to attain the same standard of living. Why do you have issue with that?
Your panties sure bunch easily.

You were arguing that where you live shouldn't have any bearing on how much you make. I was pointing out the fallacy of your logic. Obviously you have changed your mind. Where you live certainly has an impact on how much you should earn. Thanks for agreeing.

Agreeing!!! Not hardly, and the only thing in a wad is your mind set!! You wouldn't want to me twisted my friend....

Chose a side Getoverit. Either given a certain job you should earn a wage based on where you live or not. Which is it?

Chose a side Getoverit. Either given a certain job you should earn a wage based on where you live or not. Which is it?
Should not have anything to do with it, skills are skills!!! You think the steelers quarter back gets more than the bengals because it's more expensive to live in The burgh!! NOT, at least not in this geographical area.......

[where you live] Should not have anything to do with it, skills are skills!!!

Following that logic you should be making the same as the drivers in China and India.

You don't believe that should be the case (either do I) but you don't want to admit that your regional demographics should be a factor. I'm out.

Have a good weekend!

Following that logic you should be making the same as the drivers in China and India.

You don't believe that should be the case (either do I) but you don't want to admit that your regional demographics should be a factor. I'm out.

Have a good weekend!

Right out of the Strom playbook!! Twist it all you want, you would love it if you could drag us all down to China's level!!