XPO | Union Debate and News

The economy is good? The GDP at a measly 1% to 2%. The CBO predicting unemployment and taxes to continue to rise in the next 4 years.
$5 gas at the pump, millions of homes in foreclosure and not really moving.

Sorry, I don't see it.

Were you agreeing with me? Or disagreeing with me? I don't underdstand why you quoted me for your post.

Were you agreeing with me? Or disagreeing with me? I don't underdstand why you quoted me for your post.

Haha, you know what. I was reading two different posts. When I quoted you, I had two thoughts going in my head, and meant to quote someone else too.

The only part I was disagreeing with you on, was Obama getting another 4 years.
I meant to quote someone else about the economy being good.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sounds like a good idea for discussion. I for one, as an ABF driver would welcome our brothers at Con Way aboard. Just imagine the message of unity and strength that would send to all our brothers and sisters driving for LTL companies. $60 bucks a month for all your healthcare, pension, legal rights, life insurance, etc. Yes, Con Way wouldn't be very happy about it but they would adjust. And it would take a couple yrs. to hammer out a decent contract but it would be worth your while. We'd be honered to have you on board and it would speak volumes to other drivers. Hey, I can dream right? Anyway, thanks for the thread. :)

Sounds like a good idea for discussion. I for one, as an ABF driver would welcome our brothers at Con Way aboard. Just imagine the message of unity and strength that would send to all our brothers and sisters driving for LTL companies. $60 bucks a month for all your healthcare, pension, legal rights, life insurance, etc. Yes, Con Way wouldn't be very happy about it but they would adjust. And it would take a couple yrs. to hammer out a decent contract but it would be worth your while. We'd be honered to have you on board and it would speak volumes to other drivers. Hey, I can dream right? Anyway, thanks for the thread. :)

Never gonna happen. There are still a bunch that want it. But they don't have the means to get it.

$60 full coverage health care would be nice. A pension would be nice. But your pension is badly under funded. A better 401K match would be better. Have life insurance already. Legal rights ? I am not sure what that means. This is America. We all have the right to an attorney. And we are free to sue anyone for anything at anytime.

Just isn't enough sugar on that cookie. The great Obama promised strengthening the unions. And has watched them collapse. Offering almost no help.

A good dream for you I guess. It's kinda funny. Over here we call coming to work : living the dream.

Hey Bro.
I'll take my pension tyvm. fyi, I have a 401k also, most of us do! Wife & I also have 2 IRA's (can't have enough for retirement) but what your saying about underfunded...actually not true..depends on your goegraphical location. Why not have BOTH? As for life insurance, My local (639) is $50,000 ...not bad. by legal rights, I guess what I mean is representation. Unions are not collapsing like some may hope (never understood that thinking). I'm glad you like 'working' we all take pride in our work , however, that does not mean we cannot ask for impovements i.e., cost of living raise, better health care, vacations, adequate rest, etc, etc, etc. No doubt , CW loves your attitude ... just gimme a truck and let me run! Ypu'll never ask for anyhting more.... as you said, coming to work is: 'living the dream' hmmmm, to me, living the dream is: a little different.... maybe... hitting the mega millions, buying an Island in the Carribean, diving every day... something like that..lol :) good luck and like I said in previous post, we'd welcome CW into our brotherhood with open arms. I prefere peanut butter cookies to sugar cookies :)

Never gonna happen. There are still a bunch that want it. But they don't have the means to get it.

$60 full coverage health care would be nice. A pension would be nice. pension is badly under fundedBut your . A better 401K match would be better. Have life insurance already. Legal rights ? I am not sure what that means. This is America. We all have the right to an attorney. And we are free to sue anyone for anything at anytime.

Just isn't enough sugar on that cookie. The great Obama promised strengthening the unions. And has watched them collapse. Offering almost no help.

A good dream for you I guess. It's kinda funny. Over here we call coming to work : living the dream.
Some of the pensions are underfunded because of lack of membership . If C/W and a few other non's would became teamsters that pension problem would go away real quick and you guys could enjoy many of the benefits that we all did years back when most drivers were union .That 60 bucks buys a lot of benefits, money well spent .:1036316054:

Last edited by a moderator:
Class example of why we need unions .

No, actually it is a classic example of why you need a government with enough balls to enact a set of labor laws with teeth. You elect these morons in government, you need to start speaking up for what you want from them.

Some of the pensions are underfunded because of lack of membership . If C/W and a few other non's would became teamsters that pension problem would go away real quick and you guys could enjoy many of the benefits that we all did years back when most drivers were union .That 60 bucks buys a lot of benefits, money well spent .:1036316054:

That is a huge if. If all the other carriers would go teamsters everything would be great. You ain't asking for to much there or anything.

Hey Bro.
I'll take my pension tyvm. fyi, I have a 401k also, most of us do! Wife & I also have 2 IRA's (can't have enough for retirement) but what your saying about underfunded...actually not true..depends on your goegraphical location. Why not have BOTH? As for life insurance, My local (639) is $50,000 ...not bad. by legal rights, I guess what I mean is representation. Unions are not collapsing like some may hope (never understood that thinking). I'm glad you like 'working' we all take pride in our work , however, that does not mean we cannot ask for impovements i.e., cost of living raise, better health care, vacations, adequate rest, etc, etc, etc. No doubt , CW loves your attitude ... just gimme a truck and let me run! Ypu'll never ask for anyhting more.... as you said, coming to work is: 'living the dream' hmmmm, to me, living the dream is: a little different.... maybe... hitting the mega millions, buying an Island in the Carribean, diving every day... something like that..lol :) good luck and like I said in previous post, we'd welcome CW into our brotherhood with open arms. I prefere peanut butter cookies to sugar cookies :)

Ummm, collapsing. Dwindling membership and little to no government assistance. Bargaining unit employees have never lost as much as they have under Obama.

Do you understand that ? Sometimes you gotta take off the blinders. Look around. Times are tough. They are going to get tougher.

Not gonna argue politics with ya brutha, Just trying to have some intelligent conversation. I don't have blinders on , just trying to be optimistic. I sense alot of anger with you. Remember, like you said before...your'e 'livin the dream' We want you guys to join us not fight us. so I'm sure as hell not gonna get on here to fight & insult y'all. :P