XPO | Union Debate and News

Ha! I don't care if it takes 20 years for you to organize ;)
Thats right. Your the one that says if your an old schmuck you should quit conway so they can prosper off young meat. Yeah you probably dont care since you probably not even an employee here.

When you use the analogy of a pro football player whom has the best union representation on the planet as a counter point proves to me your not as smart as you think you are .
So Joe Namath should still be playing and earning what Tom Brady makes regardless of his value to his team? Joe Namath isn't as valuable to a team as he once was. We ALL reach that point....it's our responsibility to prepare for that day.

After reading some of your posts I've come to the conclusion its guys like you and your way of thinking that got this whole movement started in the first place.

hmmmm....no threat of union organization with my employees. They have it pretty well. Of course I don't have any ignorant slugs working here either that need protecting.

When you use the analogy of a pro football player whom has the best union representation on the planet as a counter point proves to me your not as smart as you think you are .

I specifically chose a player with union representation because their pay is based largely on merit; you dont see many 70 year old quarterbacks still playing eventhough they can no longer produce like the "young meat".

Search through my older posts---I've no problem with workers, working under a union contract. It's what is in that contract that I have problems with. I specifically called out the NFL players association and the screen actors guild as two unions I think have it right.

hmmmm....no threat of union organization with my employees. They have it pretty well. Of course I don't have any ignorant slugs working here either that need protecting.

I specifically chose a player with union representation because their pay is based largely on merit; you dont see many 70 year old quarterbacks still playing eventhough they can no longer produce like the "young meat".

Search through my older posts---I've no problem with workers, working under a union contract. It's what is in that contract that I have problems with. I specifically called out the NFL players association and the screen actors guild as two unions I think have it right.

I guess if I earned 20 million per motion picture, or 10 to 15 million per year playing for the NFL, over the course of a multi year contract, I wouldn't be concerned about my back growing old either. TE out...

You are pointless. A guy with one of the best jobs for the best company in the industry telling a bunch of driver/dockworkers that are struggling with getting by in the worst of economic times that everything will be ok. I guess it is just a bit easier for you. I can't quite see the rainbow from here. And the union isn't going to bring it any closer.

Or is that your real motivation ? To further destroy our moral. To increase the divide between us and our company ? To further solidify your feelings of dominance. Having it so good and rubbing it our faces ?

You coudn't be more wrong on every count. TE out....

I sure hope it does'nt take to long,the way Conway is putting freight on sub service these days their might not be any of us left to vote.Knoxville took 20 day run drivers and put them on nites,they are now running subservice vans straight to Hagerstown instead of a meet and turn in Roanoke. I remember the very first sub vans,we were told they would only be used for heavy volumes at the end of the month and at the end of the quarter. Thats why I will never understand Merdock and Beer Boy's way of thinking. Merdock calls it the Chicken Little syndrome,Boy's I dont get it the writing is on the wall open your eyes and read it.
yup same here,we used to have 20-25 day lanes,now we have 6,frt goes right buy us on subservice

yup same here,we used to have 20-25 day lanes,now we have 6,frt goes right buy us on subservice

yupp Got to love how they lie to the Customer and tell them yea we got this new Safe Stack System WE will Safe Stack All Your Freight Then We **** them and shovel it onto Sub Service Vans !!! The Freight Still gets torn to Hell on these Sub Service Vans !!

I guess if I earned 20 million per motion picture, or 10 to 15 million per year playing for the NFL, over the course of a multi year contract, I wouldn't be concerned about my back growing old either. TE out...

You do realize there are about 500 NFL players in the NFL right now that make less than 1/2 million per year, while there are about 15 guys with a base salary over 10 Mil?

The SAG also mandates a minimum pay of $504/day for an actress/actor in a low budget (under $25mil production cost film)..almost $3K in initiation and 1.5% of pay in dues.

If the freight goes right by your SC, then it's not meant to stop there. Why would it? If it doesn't need to break out, or be loaded behind, it's going to pass your center regardless who is carrying the freight. It wouldn't matter is santa claus is pulling the trailer, it's not going to stop by your barn. The company said they were going to eliminate as many empty miles as possible, well that's what they're doing, Prancer! Tell me what profitable company, with potential for growth, that doesn't use Sub-service..

We were also told it would be for large volume etc but they have gradually put more and more on sub service. We have pretty much become a sub service hub. Running sc@bs err um subs short miles that was covered by CONWAY employees for years. It put guys out of work in those satellite barns. Starved em out. I have lots of time in and could say oh well at least it didn't affect me but won't say it because it may very well some day in the not too distant future. It really chaps my a$$ to see work outsourced to the lowest bidder

I do care about con-way. I don't care if it takes 20 years to organize. Is it too difficult for you to differentiate between the two statements? I care about conway too, but I also care about myself and my family. I know when Im being taken advantage of along with my coworkers. It takes a real person to stand up for whats right. We ALL know that Conway is not doing any of us right.

How old are you? Ten?
Gimmie a break. You know what he means.

Your probably the assistant night manager at Taco Bell TROLL.

You can't talk to him like that! Don't you know who this clown is? He is so smart, he sits on TWO boards of directors. AND he works for a trucking company. But don't even think about trying to get a job there. The selection process is way too stringent for anyone on this site. This loud mouth know it all jag, does all this, AND has the time and sophistication to be a message board troll.

Hey Genius let me explain it real slow,kinda like we have to explain things to Merdock every once in a while. Hagerstown meets Knoxville in Roanoke and they each have freight to swap and turn and now it gets put on a Sub-carrier,where are the empty miles? What I'm saying is empty miles were not eliminated our jobs were. You really need to lay off the brew it seems like you don't have many brain cells left.
If the freight goes right by your SC, then it's not meant to stop there. Why would it? If it doesn't need to break out, or be loaded behind, it's going to pass your center regardless who is carrying the freight. It wouldn't matter is santa claus is pulling the trailer, it's not going to stop by your barn. The company said they were going to eliminate as many empty miles as possible, well that's what they're doing, Prancer! Tell me what profitable company, with potential for growth, that doesn't use Sub-service..

Hey Genius let me explain it real slow,kinda like we have to explain things to Merdock every once in a while. Hagerstown meets Knoxville in Roanoke and they each have freight to swap and turn and now it gets put on a Sub-carrier,where are the empty miles? What I'm saying is empty miles were not eliminated our jobs were. You really need to lay off the brew it seems like you don't have many brain cells left.
sub service is not going to swap anything.. that only means that there is freight going one way.. thus eliminating the empty miles with the sub. And i know, i am a genius that posts truths and facts. Based on what you said in your post, then my information is correct.. Haha..im a genius.

You can't talk to him like that! Don't you know who this clown is? He is so smart, he sits on TWO boards of directors. AND he works for a trucking company. But don't even think about trying to get a job there. The selection process is way too stringent for anyone on this site. This loud mouth know it all jag, does all this, AND has the time and sophistication to be a message board troll.

I don't work for a trucking company, I work in the LTL industry. There are a few on this site that would likely make great employees. It benefits me to keep aware of industry happenings, a small portion of that awareness is gained from spending a little time on sites such as this one.

I don't work for a trucking company, I work in the LTL industry. There are a few on this site that would likely make great employees. It benefits me to keep aware of industry happenings, a small portion of that awareness is gained from spending a little time on sites such as this one.

If you need employees, then PM an application to rollin62 and slimestones..they need a new job. They hate this one. They need free insurance too.