XPO | Union Debate and News

Non union losing bennies......union not.....hmmmm
Top executives of companies all have contracts,but they convince employees that it wouldn't be good for them. LTL driving used to be a great job,you worked hard and got compensated very well.The companies keep saying times have changed. It still takes the same amount of drivers to move the same amount of freight. The only thing that has changed is the number of drivers with contracts. The drivers compensation keeps going down top executives keep going up. Look at the big picture and see where it is headed.

The CEO's say a contract is bad for the company. If that is so way does he need one. And why do the employees not want one to have some kind of say . This is just as much our company as it is his we are the ones that have built this company to what it is. The customer sees us not them

Top executives of companies all have contracts,but they convince employees that it wouldn't be good for them. LTL driving used to be a great job,you worked hard and got compensated very well.The companies keep saying times have changed. It still takes the same amount of drivers to move the same amount of freight. The only thing that has changed is the number of drivers with contracts. The drivers compensation keeps going down top executives keep going up. Look at the big picture and see where it is headed.

I was referring to the fact that the union employees didn't see a reduction in benefits due to a contract, but the non union employees got shafted.....kinda like us.

Yeah, I know. Feels like we're a bunch of sheeple.

Kind of sad when restraunt and Walmart employees get it but we dont. I guess we're willing to work part time for minimum wage too! Hey doug, go ahead and take us to minimum wage. Our shareholders deserve to be compensated well. We don't mind the cut and won't say the "u" word. Well do anything for you guys. Xoxoxo GO Conway!!!!

Kind of sad when restraunt and Walmart employees get it but we dont. I guess we're willing to work part time for minimum wage too! Hey doug, go ahead and take us to minimum wage. Our shareholders deserve to be compensated well. We don't mind the cut and won't say the "u" word. Well do anything for you guys. Xoxoxo GO Conway!!!!

Just wondering but... the compensation packages, bonuses and what not that the upper holier than thou guys get are... shares in the company? How many shares? Are THEY the majority shareholders? Equal to anyone else? And correct me if I'm wrong but when the wages were cut did the upper Holy Tier get their dividends paid sooner than what was agreed on?

Obama will bail em out he can't let a Union Company die on his Watch I'm sure we have not seen the last of Yellow !!
or Should I Say Y R C lol !!

We are all watching it die. The employees are finally realizing it can't be saved and that they shouldn't continue to give back while the big wigs continue to make the big bucks.

They won't be out of work long. All that freight has to go somewhere.

Obama will bail em out he can't let a Union Company die on his Watch I'm sure we have not seen the last of Yellow !!
or Should I Say Y R C lol !!

Yeah. That makes sense. About now Obama needs someone to come bail him out. If he is your hope and savior you people are in worse shape than I thought.

The most glaring piece in most of this is the 2 billion in unfunded pension liabilities. It's like trying to pay off your car while it sits in the driveway and you are renting a car to get around. Once the pension funds come calling, then it's a bullet to the head for YRC. All the debt restructuring, union concessions and operational changes mean nothing otherwise.

There is language in our union that if invoked.Could allow some cushion for companies like YRCW.Gives some relief

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk