TForce | Union Drive In Texas?

hillbilly frog said:
More than happy to accommodate you. Consider it done.

You know it's kind of sad this forum has got to be a hate forum. I guess there is still a lot of bitterness of the last battle Overnite had with the teamsters. You can see it in most the posts here.

I guess it's just going to take time. :USA:

hillbilly frog said:
Skeeter I don't hate anybody. He broke the rules. He got warned. It pissed him off and he asked for what he wanted and he got it.

Yes, He was what I was referring to.

It all just makes me beleive more and more that it is the non-union people that will be the problem......Alot of hostility in the posts and from what I hear around the system...If the company is stepping back and it is all allowed to happen democraticly what is the problem? It is people living in the past and not relizing things change.....And these guys worked out of the same terminal and act like 3 year olds....Just vote your position and be civil......

greezy trucker said:
It all just makes me beleive more and more that it is the non-union people that will be the problem......Alot of hostility in the posts and from what I hear around the system...If the company is stepping back and it is all allowed to happen democraticly what is the problem? It is people living in the past and not relizing things change.....And these guys worked out of the same terminal and act like 3 year olds....Just vote your position and be civil......
unfortunatly this is the situation in Dallas toe the line watch yourself if you dont believe and go along with the populer position just better off keeping your mouth shut.And that is very good advise exept its vote your position and keep your mouth shut.

Dallas Dog said:
unfortunatly this is the situation in Dallas toe the line watch yourself if you dont believe and go along with the populer position just better off keeping your mouth shut.And that is very good advise exept its vote your position and keep your mouth shut.
Well its too bad that things happen to make discisions like these such a volatile thing.... I just can't shut my mouth though so I probably would get a big Tex-a$$ beat down....I don't tke being pushed around very well and at a buck and a half, I don't have enough a$$ to back it up most of the time....OH well hope you all can get thru this as peacable as possible...

pgh1994 said:
None! I just think the teamsters mismanaged the members money. I personally don't care for the teamsters as a whole and feel I have nothing to lose with the APWA. Now I have Jack D thinking I'm getting my a$$ handed to me. I've read this forum and havn't seen one reason why I should give the teamsters a chance. If they would clean up the trash more people might change their mind. How long are we going to have to wait on the Indy deal? I interested to see what kind of comments well get as the months roll bye. Sorry for being so neg. I've just not been sold on the empty promises.

First of all it has alot to do with leverage in negotiation's, and bargaining power. As you can see if you would rather be involved with the loser be my guest, it will do you more harm than good. There is certainly no strenght in no #'s.

greezy trucker said:

Things do change and people have a hard time adjusting, especially when they are getting screwed.

pgh1994 said:
None! I just think the teamsters mismanaged the members money. I personally don't care for the teamsters as a whole and feel I have nothing to lose with the APWA. Now I have Jack D thinking I'm getting my a$$ handed to me. I've read this forum and havn't seen one reason why I should give the teamsters a chance. If they would clean up the trash more people might change their mind. How long are we going to have to wait on the Indy deal? I interested to see what kind of comments well get as the months roll bye. Sorry for being so neg. I've just not been sold on the empty promises.
Empty promises, Kinda like the vision!! No need to decide now, when the contract is done and agreed in Indy, read it and decide if it benefits you or not. That simple.

BusterNite said:
Empty promises, Kinda like the vision!! No need to decide now, when the contract is done and agreed in Indy, read it and decide if it benefits you or not. That simple.

Yes, at this point it's not the APWA that is negotiating with UPS is it?