TForce | union due's

Desert Eagle

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard that in In 5yrs we will be the highest paid in LTL? Won't we be paying more in due's than the NMFA?

Your dues are 2.5 hours a month of your hourly wage....UPS Package pays $72 a month.....they make more, they pay more....KK

I have heard that in In 5yrs we will be the highest paid in LTL? Won't we be paying more in due's than the NMFA?

For this P.O.S.?

yes,if we are the highest paid,an we will be'than we will pay more in due's,most place's say it's 2 1/2 your hourly wage,can vary from local to local though

package is not an LTL.

Each local can set a different amount to pay for dues, some are 3.5 * your hourly rate others are 2 * your hourly rate.

The dues you pay will be made up of a formula that takes into consideration, all employees pay, Road,city and dock at your local.

Our Local is 2.5 times your hourly + $2.00 a month for stike fund. Dockleadman $56.00, Dock Worker $55.00, Jockey $56.00, Local/Road Driver $57.00.

Your dues are 2.5 hours a month of your hourly wage....UPS Package pays $72 a month.....they make more, they pay more....KK

With due respect K.K., I made no mention of UPS Parcel. What is the formula for the NMFA dues? Yellow, Roadway, Etc.

Your Teamster Tax pretty much sucks up most of any raise you get anyway, so I consider it a wash. That with the more expensive Health plan, I guess I will just see about working more o/t with o/t after 8, but that is assuming that they will still have it once the contract starts.
Sorry if this seems negative, Just really starting to set in that we really don't have a choice.

Your Teamster Tax pretty much sucks up most of any raise you get anyway, so I consider it a wash. That with the more expensive Health plan, I guess I will just see about working more o/t with o/t after 8, but that is assuming that they will still have it once the contract starts.
Sorry if this seems negative, Just really starting to set in that we really don't have a choice.

Well after seeing what happened at the hall today, I am sure we will all prevail.:1036316054:
After the explanation behind the INS. I am all for it.

Why oh Why is everyone saying we don't have a choice???????? We do have a choice but no one has the balls to tell the teamsters get back to work! We didn't talk about this for the past 2 years for nothing! It has come to that point where we have to put our foot down and demand more from the teamsters. IF they want us so bad then they will haveto listen otherwise, There are other routes we can take. :chairshot:

Why oh Why is everyone saying we don't have a choice???????? We do have a choice but no one has the balls to tell the teamsters get back to work! We didn't talk about this for the past 2 years for nothing! It has come to that point where we have to put our foot down and demand more from the teamsters. IF they want us so bad then they will haveto listen otherwise, There are other routes we can take. :chairshot:

I am not giving in, it sounds like alot of others are. I still say no!! I'm just getting discouraged by all the bandwagon jumpers. and unfortunately, this is going to be decided for all in the east.

man, you work alot of ot, oh thats right your the "fuzzy math" guy....let me ask ya something, you one of those A.P.W.A. guys?

OT does not affect your dues. I don't understand what your saying.

fuzzy math?

on your first year you will make $22.10 that is $663 a year in dues

second year you will make $22.8 and pay $684 in dues

third year you will make $23.55 and pay $706 in dues

fourth year yo will make $24.35 and pay $730 in dues

fifth year you will make $25.20 and pay $756 in dues

sixth year you will make $26.10 and pay $783 in dues

663+684+706+730+756+783 = $4322

It will actually be slightly higher than this I wasn't counting on the .35 raise we get on ratification.

Is that fuzzy math or dead on?

Please expand your thoughts a little more, what did you hear? let us know so we can ponder before our meeting.

After all the deductables in the ins. the policy pays 100%, for most, the deductables go up in referrance to going to a hospital for a headache, so in other words they would like you to make a responsible decision.

Furthermore I was under the impression that this was going to be the PPO plan offered to us from UPS too begin with, this is not the case, the INS. is not a PPO, You can pick anyone you like and you do not have too stay in network.

The vision pay's 100% of everything and the dental stays the same.

I was under the impression there was an out of pocket expense of $1500.00 per person, but if everything is covered at 100% after deductable. the $1500.00 out of pocket holds no water.