TForce | union due's

Has anyone mentioned to anyone the fact that your union dues are tax deductible:1036316054:

At our orginal meeting they stated this to be correct, I didn't realize that, it's definately a plus.

YES it is......and if you are a Steward, most Locals pay your dues for you.

As a Steward anything you buy to help you in your work as a Steward is tax deductable such as Computers, Laptops, printers, faxes etc etc.....you can also deduct the mileage you do on your car when going to Union meetings and to the Union Hall for Union business anytime...I beleive it was 48 cpm for 2007.....not sure....KK

YES it is......and if you are a Steward, most Locals pay your dues for you.

As a Steward anything you buy to help you in your work as a Steward id tax deductable such as Computers, Laptops, printers, faxes etc etc.....you can also deduct the mileage you do when going to Union meetings and to the Union Hall for Union business anytime...I beleive it was 48 cpm for 2007.....not sure....KK

Again... Only if you do not take the standard deduction. This doesn't apply to the majority of us.

yes, your 401K match is in company stock...only....your 401k is what you do with it and how your funds do......

again your fiqures depend on how much each individual contributes as to what the match is.... for your company stock......

I will break it down even further

If you earn $40 a week in a 401k match you are buying the stock at a discounted price lastyear we were buying it at $59 a share, the price is set on a certian date every year and then they take 10% off that price. April 29 if I remember right.

Like I said in another post take your 401k and invest it in the same funds that our pension is invested in that way it has the same risk as the pension.

why is it that you brothers and sisters are looking at paying dues. You should look at it as job Secuity. 50 60 dollars a month for keeping your job in case any thing happens on the job. See you got to look at it this way you not going to always get what you wont on a contract. But you well get some.

why is it that you brothers and sisters are looking at paying dues. You should look at it as job Secuity. 50 60 dollars a month for keeping your job in case any thing happens on the job. See you got to look at it this way you not going to always get what you wont on a contract. But you well get some.

I could give a hoot about Job Security. My Job Security has been here for the last 11 years and It is not going anywhere as long as I do what i am supposed to each day and get the freight delivered, and follow the rules. It is the guys who are worried that they will have to follow the rules that think they need protection. Good luck to all of you. You thought it was hard before.

I could give a hoot about Job Security. My Job Security has been here for the last 11 years and It is not going anywhere as long as I do what i am supposed to each day and get the freight delivered, and follow the rules. It is the guys who are worried that they will have to follow the rules that think they need protection. Good luck to all of you. You thought it was hard before.

I personally have no problem with my terminal management. But not everyone is as lucky as you and I. Elvis out...

"here for the last 11 years" tells me you still think youre at Overnite.

I know I'll last! I would like to see you last 1/2 as long. 1/2 of the guys here won't make it nad I'll be laughing as I watch them go. (I'm just pissed)

It just pisses me off that everyone gave up on this thing. and we will suffer the consequences for the next 5 years. Why wait. Lets do it now! Vote NO:chairshot::mad:

Rember one thing my brothers watch what you say watch what you do becasue it well always come back to hont you. I've seen people at other places like saia con way south eastern fed ex frieght lose there jobs for things that you thought you could get away with but the company says see ya. See rember one thing and thats we all make mistakes. 1 year 2 years 3 years from now. but it well happen. There's guys that have been with Fed ex for 13 years laid off now. Just remmber anybody can be let go. Never think you can't be replaced.

See the thing is that I don't know how many of you all have ever been with the teamsters. But I have and you know what I've been there when I've busted by as and the compay says think you also i've been there when I get into a problem and you know what the union has always help me out. just remmber you well never go threw life walking a straight line some well happen. You don't wont it to but thats the way it is. And for what you to put in 15 years are more then just like that let go. Think About it.

See the thing is that I don't know how many of you all have ever been with the teamsters. But I have and you know what I've been there when I've busted by as and the compay says think you also i've been there when I get into a problem and you know what the union has always help me out. just remmber you well never go threw life walking a straight line some well happen. You don't wont it to but thats the way it is. And for what you to put in 15 years are more then just like that let go. Think About it.

I think I hear ya, I will finish reading your post when I stop drinking.:biglaugh:

I have been quiet in this but I think it is time to post on this subject. I have always been on the belief that if an employee does his job to the best of his ability and helps keep the companies clients happy that the company will in turn keep the employee happy. This is not so here. I have never been a fan of the union but the last two years of take, take, take, from the company has changed my mind. For instance, aprox. 20 line drivers go to POR a night and some have turn and burns and others are required to sit there from 0:100am until 0:530 am without being paidother than the .3 for drop, .1 for fuel, and .3 for a hook. Others are scheduled for a double turn and when that turn is cut at least 3 times a week they do not get delay until their second arrival comes around, so they sit for 5 hours with no pay. We have to slip seat with SLC drivers here in HER; we are not compensated for running 9 miles round trip to find the tractor that is if it is even at that motel because there are 3 motels the drivers stay at .Nor are we compensated for driving the tractor back to the motel. Some of our drivers lose as much as a house payment a month over this.