TForce | union due's

OT does not affect your dues. I don't understand what your saying.

fuzzy math?

on your first year you will make $22.10 that is $663 a year in dues

second year you will make $22.8 and pay $684 in dues

third year you will make $23.55 and pay $706 in dues

fourth year yo will make $24.35 and pay $730 in dues

fifth year you will make $25.20 and pay $756 in dues

sixth year you will make $26.10 and pay $783 in dues

663+684+706+730+756+783 = $4322

It will actually be slightly higher than this I wasn't counting on the .35 raise we get on ratification.

Is that fuzzy math or dead on?

I understand now, I was under the impression you were referring to \ month.

Accel it is a ppo plan and you do have to stay in network or it won't be covered. And about half of the copays will go up.

If I had a set of boobs and an innie instead of an outie, the plan would be more appealing.

Thanks, I will try to compare as best I can. The comparisons on the thread are not comparible to what I have, so, again, everyone has different health which makes it hard to say one is better than the other.

fuzzy math?

It will actually be slightly higher than this I wasn't counting on the .35 raise we get on ratification.

The raise at ratification is $.02 cents. Read well.. $.32.5 cents at ratification negating the January 2008 increase. which means we get a little more then 1/2 a $1 meal at mcdonalds a week unitl June which if you recall we were getting the $.30 cent raise anyway so an additional .2 cents and I will be able to just about get the full dollar meal then. Again read well......

Accel it is a ppo plan and you do have to stay in network or it won't be covered. And about half of the copays will go up.

If I had a set ot titties and an innie instead of an outie, the plan would be more appealing.

Well lets say this. I have an HMO now, we are now going to a PPO, yes you are correct, but there is no gatekeeper, in other words ,I do not have to go to my doctor for a referral.

Has anyone mentioned to anyone the fact that your union dues are tax deductible:1036316054:

At our orginal meeting they stated this to be correct, I didn't realize that, it's definately a plus.

Has anyone mentioned to anyone the fact that your union dues are tax deductible:1036316054:

At our orginal meeting they stated this to be correct, I didn't realize that, it's definately a plus.

Only tax deductable if you do not take the standard deduction. Which most of us take the standard deduction so it would be a moot point.

Yes they are tax deductible, but not dollar for dollar. you get like a 25 dollar credit on your itemized part, maybe more, not sure of the amount. maybe someone can tell you the exact amount that has recently filed theirs. So not a big selling point.

fuzzy math?

I'm saving $84.00 a month on the healthcare, paying 234.00 family now, will pay $150.00. Thats $1008.00 a year times your 6yr est. thats $6048.00 savings min. because it's gone up 7% every year.

So as I see it I'm ahead min. $1726, oh wait my $4322 is all tax deductible so I'll get back more than that. :smilie_132::chairshot:

I'm saving $84.00 a month on the healthcare, paying 234.00 family now, will pay $150.00. Thats $1008.00 a year times your 6yr est. thats $6048.00 savings min. because it's gone up 7% every year.

So as I see it I'm ahead min. $1726, oh wait my $4322 is all tax deductible so I'll get back more than that. :smilie_132::chairshot:

Again only if you do not take the standard deduction. Which again you probably do take.

Yes they are tax deductible, but not dollar for dollar. you get like a 25 dollar credit on your itemized part, maybe more, not sure of the amount. maybe someone can tell you the exact amount that has recently filed theirs. So not a big selling point.

is for me, I didn't know they were tax dedect.....anything thats lowering my tax liability I'm all for

and are you in the 401k?

I have been saying this for over a year, at best you break even, if your in the 401k you lose money, just now are the masses starting to see it.

If your wondering I pay $1.xx a week for insurance. I lose the 401k match which is $43 a week, and have to pay $50 a month for ins now.

and are you in the 401k?

I have been saying this for over a year, at best you break even, if your in the 401k you lose money, just now are the masses starting to see it.

If your wondering I pay $1.xx a week for insurance. I lose the 401k match which is $43 a week, and have to pay $50 a month for ins now.

Thank you... I have been trying to tell everyone this for a long time... I will end up losing over $4000 per year,

and are you in the 401k?

yes, your 401K match is in company stock...only....your 401k is what you do with it and how your funds do......

again your fiqures depend on how much each individual contributes as to what the match is.... for your company stock......

yes, your 401K match is in company stock...only....your 401k is what you do with it and how your funds do......

again your fiqures depend on how much each individual contributes as to what the match is.... for your company stock......

Company stock is better then nothing! :chairshot:

Company stock can be sold and rolled back into 401k. People think that the company stock is a bad thing, I don't get it. The match if it was in cash just gets turned into stocks or bonds with your 401k anyway.

I will loose about 4 grand a year also. plus more of my income will now go into making up the 3.5 percent that will disapear, plus more into my health care, + the teamster tax.
Oh, well. I will adjust just like life. Just have to plan differently.

and that goes up every year.

If the amount that dictates your pay goes up and is greater than the 2.5 you are paying...of course it will go up.

The IBT calls for 2.5 hours per month....Local Unions vote to add any assessments such as a $1 per month for a building fund, or a strike fund, or an organizing fund....THIS IS VOTED ON BY THE MEMBERS OF THE LOCAL, as it is their money......KK