FedEx Freight | Union makes many promises that they may not be able to keep

only promise they made me was that fedex will do everything in their power to turn us from wanting a union.well so far they haven't lied to me cause that's exactly what fedex and their clonies are doing. but it ain't working here jack. STAND PROUD VOTE YES.

If it's so terrible being in the union, why do we stay? A looooong time.
Because the union got me and you everything we got.
The company just gave inreases to you because of our presence. Not out of the kindness of their heart. And thats why ya made ANYTHING you ever made driving a truck. Thats why you have any healthcare and any paid days off or vacations. If we were gone they'd take it all.imo.

This was regulated and mostlly all union carriers. Deregulation and the dominance of nonunion carriers is why theres few left.
It's my belief that you'd work for minimum wage if all union ltl's were gone. And if all unions were gone there'd be no minimum wage because our lobby makes sure there is one.

I'm not most knowledgeable about pensions /finance, but it is my understanding that no investments are totally gaurenteed and some people lose all in the stock market. Arent most retirements invested in stocks?
Rich capitalists really like stability and some control.
Working people should want the same.
They like contracts for stability.
So too should you.
I would add, Do you think that OTR wages would be higher if there was a union presence?

Not that it will mean anything to those who have already made up their minds that unions are bad but FYI. I just checked my on line banking accounts and as of 6AM on Sat 8/30/14 my 2 defined benefits Teamster's pension fund automatic payments were already credited to my accounts for next month. With Monday being a holiday I wouldn't have expected the deposits to have cleared until Tuesday afternoon...... Call them Ponzi schemes if you like but the Teamsters Multi Employer Pension Funds reciprocating between my 3 different companies have been good to me for the past 4 years now.

Not that it will mean anything to those who have already made up their minds that unions are bad but FYI. I just checked my on line banking accounts and as of 6AM on Sat 8/30/14 my 2 defined benefits Teamster's pension fund automatic payments were already credited to my accounts for next month. With Monday being a holiday I wouldn't have expected the deposits to have cleared until Tuesday afternoon...... Call them Ponzi schemes if you like but the Teamsters Multi Employer Pension Funds reciprocating between my 3 different companies have been good to me for the past 4 years now.
Ditto to that,Crystal my pension was also in my account as of 6am this morning. Same here 4 years retired, pension check always paid on time.

Mine also!!

Fred Smith is an amazing person he was a United States Marine he started a company that created a market that did not exist , he created opportunities for hundreds of thousands of people to support their families around the world .Anyone that works for any Fedex company should understand how fortunate they are. Thanks for letting me share my opinion.

This is not Air Freight.The LTL market was around before Fred Smith was born and so was the military logistics he learned as a U.S. Marine. On this site we are speaking of the LTL company known as Fedex Freight. Fred Smith purchased three profitable LTL carriers ( American Freightways, Viking and Watkins Motor Lines ) and merged them into one. Anyone with enough money ( from its shareholders ) should be able to take over three already profitable businesses and keep them profitable. When Fred Smith trimmed the fat, so to speak, as part of the process of this great merger he also caused a hole lot of employees to lose their jobs. Great job Mr. amazing.

There are a lot more than 3 union ltl carriers left. And please explain, in your words or Fred's, how the unions are to blame.

" A lot more"?

Easy, Sparky.

Name for me, if you will, the non-union ltl carriers.

Im curious as to what your definition of " a lot" is.