FedEx Freight | Union makes many promises that they may not be able to keep

How can anybody compare fedex to yrc? Why are all of yrc's problems blamed on the union? What about the yrc management? They had nothing to do with it? Fedex is more comparable to ups. Why do anti's say look at yrc and abf?

Yrcw problems were all from mismanagement.. And any concessions given up were voted on by the members.. Will fedex give you a vote?? Nadda... But don't worry about the few who just love their job, you'll never change their mind. Well that is, until they have their first accident and fedex says.. Thanks for your service, there's the door..

Let's be real clear about the 15% concession.

YRC screwed the pooch, twice, over one Billion dollars each time.

If someone asks you, will you vote to give up 15% of your pay to keep your job, would you get on your high horse and say no?
Or would you suck up your pride and put a roof overhead and food on the table?

That being said, the repetitive dragging out of YRC and its problems has no bearing on FedEx.

How can anybody compare fedex to yrc? Why are all of yrc's problems blamed on the union? What about the yrc management? They had nothing to do with it? Fedex is more comparable to ups. Why do anti's say look at yrc and abf?

I hear it everyday from a special person i work with who worked for them during the recession lol. He was on the bottom and complains he was layed of for 3 months he is lazy and is scared to death the union is going to get voted in and he is going to have to do something.

Yrcw problems were all from mismanagement.. And any concessions given up were voted on by the members.. Will fedex give you a vote?? Nadda... But don't worry about the few who just love their job, you'll never change their mind. Well that is, until they have their first accident and fedex says.. Thanks for your service, there's the door..

So..........if all of yrcw's problems are from mismanagement............and..............all of FedEx's problems are from mismanagement. How does voting in a union change anything?

I have been working for FedEx Freight for 14 yrs. as a Road Driver In WOR. Lets look at what the Union promises

Better Health Care: Only if it is agreed upon in contract.
Better Retirement: Only if it is agreed upon in contract. Father in law just had pension cut by Union because its underfunded worked 32yrs
Better Pay: Ask YRC and ABF how their pay is. Been cut Union has agreed to concessions. The shortage of drivers will drive our future pay rates rather than the Union.
Union Protection: Fedex with have it written in the contract that they will have the right to put profitability above everything else. That means you can still get fired for getting into accidents, damaging equipment on company property.
The Union will agree to this provision in order to collect dues.

Overnight voted to go Union years ago and never agreed on a contract. Once you vote the Union in it is not easy to get them out. You vote the way you want,Thats your decision. Just don't ***** when you don't get what you want. In the meantime I will continue to collect a damn good paycheck every Friday and as long as I am a safe driver I will be satisfied.

I could not have said this any better.

I notice that people keep mentioning the lack of mention of UPSF. To my knowledge, from UPSF guys I've spoken to at Customs, they're not really all that thrilled with their IBT representation. They file grievances that get summarily ignored or thrown out. One guy who ran into a pole because he was texting grieved the loss of his job and got it back, but that's all I've heard.

It's no secret that UPS has been pushing back the union. I believe UPSF has contractors who run truckload for them. I've seen one a week the last month up here in Toronto heading for Detroit. And a good look at their contractor application suggests that having a doubles cert would be good.

I notice that people keep mentioning the lack of mention of UPSF. To my knowledge, from UPSF guys I've spoken to at Customs, they're not really all that thrilled with their IBT representation. They file grievances that get summarily ignored or thrown out. One guy who ran into a pole because he was texting grieved the loss of his job and got it back, but that's all I've heard.

It's no secret that UPS has been pushing back the union. I believe UPSF has contractors who run truckload for them. I've seen one a week the last month up here in Toronto heading for Detroit. And a good look at their contractor application suggests that having a doubles cert would be good.

Next time you see me in Toronto make sure you say hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred Smith is an amazing person he was a United States Marine he started a company that created a market that did not exist , he created opportunities for hundreds of thousands of people to support their families around the world .Anyone that works for any Fedex company should understand how fortunate they are. Thanks for letting me share my opinion.

I smell Red Shirt!!!!!!

Next time you see me in Toronto make sure you say hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just telling what I see, driver. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I do run with a lot of the same trucks every day running back and forth. Most are going to Romulus, by my understanding.

Speedy Transport interlines with Holland there, and Canada Cartage interlines with UPSF there. UPSF trucks running north to interline with Canada Cartage run out of there. And YRC Freight has a terminal just east in Dearborn that Reimer Express Lines interlines from. I see a lot of the same people every day.

Old Dominion crosses at Port Huron-Point Edward to interline with Speedy, though I don't know where from. ABF used to cross there, I assume to interline with Freeway Transportation, but that stopped about a year ago for reasons I don't know. And Con-way crosses there too, though I don't see as much of them as I used to.

That's just to name a few. Customs likes their regular customers so I'm assuming the drivers are all the same people each day, and you can just about set your watch to when you cross paths with someone at the border.

I thought perhaps I was one driver you missed talking to. I like to meet new people. But I can't set my own watch as to when I will be at the border. Some nights I have my paperwork at 2030 sometimes 2200. Usually somewhere in between.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought perhaps I was one driver you missed talking to. I like to meet new people. But I can't set my own watch as to when I will be at the border. Some nights I have my paperwork at 2030 sometimes 2200. Usually somewhere in between.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm usually through Port Huron headed south between 2145 and 2230. Back through heading north between 0330 and 0500 depending on how long it takes me in TOL. I probably pass you on the freeways. If you see a Volvo 780 pulling a Freight set, it's probably me. The Toronto fleet only has 3 780's and mine's the only one running that stretch every night. I myself drive north in the morning.

So..........if all of yrcw's problems are from mismanagement............and..............all of FedEx's problems are from mismanagement. How does voting in a union change anything?

Treatment/Compensation/Security. Only the compensation part would cost them anything. They'll still be quite profitable. FexEx MISMANAGES their managers, failing to keep people 1st. YRC mismanaged their finances.

Better Retirement: Only if it is agreed upon in contract. Father in law just had pension cut by Union because its underfunded worked 32yrs

I am curious to know a little more about your claim that a union cut your father in laws pension due to it being underfunded? I just read all 8 pages of this thread and I apologize in advance if I missed it. What union or pension fund was that? Isn't there an anti cutback clause in the ERISA that doesn't allow cuts to be made from active retirees? Or are you taking about a private pension fund that defaulted and was taken over by the PBGC? If that is the case then I would like to know the name of that pension fund because to my knowledge there has never been a Teamster pension fund that has ever defaulted or even missed a retiree's monthly payment..........................I could be mistaken but I strongly doubt it. Please enlighten me

From what he told me the Union petitioned the Federal Govt. to cut existing pensions. At the time he recieved his letter it was to notify him that the petition had been granted and the process of making the cuts had begun. He unfortunately passed in Oct of last year. He worked of many union companies. North Penn, St Johnsbury to name a few and ended with Red Star and retired before they went out. 32 total yrs