XPO | Union movement dead

A straight national sales tax is a pretty good idea, the more things you buy the more tax you pay, less you buy the less you pay. The only problem I see with that is it might be very eradict, the amount they take in could go up or down alot.......:coffee1:
Somewhat, but look at the current economy. Lots of unemployed not paying payroll taxes but still buying goods and services. Good and services bad on both sides just no loopholes.

Somewhat, but look at the current economy. Lots of unemployed not paying payroll taxes but still buying goods and services. Good and services bad on both sides just no loopholes.
Then it's settled smokin joe, like your avater. Let's push for a national sales tax and do away with the current system....:coffee1:

Then it's settled smokin joe, like your avater. Let's push for a national sales tax and do away with the current system....:coffee1:

I don't wanna push it, but why do corporations have the ability to write off a business lunch or a company vehicle? Way too abused.

Maybe so, but you are still worth more off than working. I think it's insulting. The 45 thing was unfair to the cx and wx guys.

Insulting?? I like the fact that I get paid 45 hours for a week of vacation. There is nothing insulting about that. Some people complaing about anything.. what do you want them to do, pay us for 40 hours vacation..you go ahead, give your 5 hours back.. i'm keeing mine.

Because we get paid ot after 50 hours, like most of the other LTL's. Why do you ask?

Like other ltl's????,.............The GOOD ONES pay OT after 8 hours a day!!!

Just because your willing to work for less does not make it right,................

Like other ltl's????,.............The GOOD ONES pay OT after 8 hours a day!!!

Just because your willing to work for less does not make it right,................

Yeah, like MOST ltl's. They don't pay OT. Or pay after 50. What's so hard for you to understand? I was answering the guys question..not looking for insult from an idiot like you.

I thought it was a law that anyone working over 8 hours a day got paid overtime. I have noticed some employees sueing for time worked and not paid correctly. Food Lion - Walmart employees among others. Just wondering.

I thought it was a law that anyone working over 8 hours a day got paid overtime. I have noticed some employees sueing for time worked and not paid correctly. Food Lion - Walmart employees among others. Just wondering.

OT rules are state laws. In Texas, OT is mandated after forty hours. Trucking companies that operate over state lines, don't have to pay ot at all. Unless you'd in certain states. If the government wanted to create jobs, they could make everybody pay ot after 8, then employer s would hire more people.

OT rules are state laws. In Texas, OT is mandated after forty hours. Trucking companies that operate over state lines, don't have to pay ot at all. Unless you'd in certain states. If the government wanted to create jobs, they could make everybody pay ot after 8, then employer s would hire more people.

You forgot to mention that those employees that are part of a UNION can negotiate OT after 8 hours a day,..........

And you seem to forget that it is still cheaper for the company to pay OT after 8 hours a day than to hire more people with health and benefits,...OT after 8 hours a day is a benefit to the employee, I don't see why you would think otherwise??

Yeah, like MOST ltl's. They don't pay OT. Or pay after 50. What's so hard for you to understand? I was answering the guys question..not looking for insult from an idiot like you.

First how did I insult you??

Second how am I an idiot???

You find it insulting to be payed fairly for you work and time??,.....

Insulting?? I like the fact that I get paid 45 hours for a week of vacation. There is nothing insulting about that. Some people complaing about anything.. what do you want them to do, pay us for 40 hours vacation..you go ahead, give your 5 hours back.. i'm keeing mine.

Have you ever thought maybe you get higher pay on vacation because you work up to 50 hours before ot? 5 hours of extra vacation is so much better than than the 520 hours of ot missed out on. Thanks for pointing that out.....

You forgot to mention that those employees that are part of a UNION can negotiate OT after 8 hours a day,..........

And you seem to forget that it is still cheaper for the company to pay OT after 8 hours a day than to hire more people with health and benefits,...OT after 8 hours a day is a benefit to the employee, I don't see why you would think otherwise??

Again, I'm just answering the guy's question..we're not talking about the union. I, as wel as a lot of conway employees, make plenty of money and dont' want no part of a union. Why are you here? You don't even work here..

Have you ever thought maybe you get higher pay on vacation because you work up to 50 hours before ot? 5 hours of extra vacation is so much better than than the 520 hours of ot missed out on. Thanks for pointing that out.....

Your not guaranteed the ot, but are guaranteed the 50. That 520 number doesn't make sense.. did you grab it out of the air?? Look.. I'm not looking for a change, I knew the rules going in..if it changes, i'll change with it..if not, then i'll continue to make good money irregardless..

Your not guaranteed the ot, but are guaranteed the 50. That 520 number doesn't make sense.. did you grab it out of the air?? Look.. I'm not looking for a change, I knew the rules going in..if it changes, i'll change with it..if not, then i'll continue to make good money irregardless..

10 hours of lost ot (between 40 & 50) ×52 weeks a year = 520 lost ot hours. Dude you ain't guaranteed ANYTHING in life. The only way you might be guaranteed 50 hours would only be by......contractual employment.
But as I said, when I hired in we were 3 separate companies run by different rules. Not the case now.

10 hours of lost ot (between 40 & 50) ×52 weeks a year = 520 lost ot hours. Dude you ain't guaranteed ANYTHING in life. The only way you might be guaranteed 50 hours would only be by......contractual employment.
But as I said, when I hired in we were 3 separate companies run by different rules. Not the case now.

for some odd reason, I used 8 hours x's 52 weeks. Well, anyways, It's not up to me what they do. I would hate to think I would have to work only 40 hours when it got slow..just my take on it..Looks like the Giants are fixing to wrap up this game..and i'm drinking rum and OJ..

for some odd reason, I used 8 hours x's 52 weeks. Well, anyways, It's not up to me what they do. I would hate to think I would have to work only 40 hours when it got slow..just my take on it..Looks like the Giants are fixing to wrap up this game..and i'm drinking rum and OJ..

But, just because you are thrilled at the prospect of 50+ hours a week, not all share your enthusiasm. Over the many many years of my employment here I have missed many important things in my life I cannot replace. For what? Straight time? With the ot, I know I would be enjoying other things I enjoy in life or if the company truly needs my time I would be compensated for my time. Forced extra hours should be compensated. Voluntary could still be straight. But how fair would that be.

This is my first time on this site and im surprised to se some of the stuff im reading, some of it knowledgeable and some of it flat out interesting. I've been with the company for a while,, ill have to be honest there were a few tricky years there through the growing pains of the economy but with any issue I've ever experienced even deep wounds heal over time and im continually seeing things get better. I've never been approached or even card checked personally as long as im working and getting paid for it I don't really care. One thing has been proven to me by reading this site, there is a serious breakdown in communication