FedEx Freight | Union?

sounds like more then just ind and cgt want this but we at cgt have been threw it and its great to see were not alone anymore..... By the way i'm a cgt road driver slash ex AF employee that still works here and went threw the vote in 1998 in chi now known as cgx - go kcy and ekc we need this.........

No actually it was 10%, then that wasn t enough, so they took another 5%....equaling a total of 15%. But you forgot something..they suspended pension contributions to the national retirement fund...still suspended from what I ve heard...for about 4 to 4.5 yrs now...

not suspended, you just need to work 4 years to get 1 years pension credit atm.
still even with the yrc give backs, they make more then fed ex freight by the mile, city drivers by the hour, heck their dock workers make more then fed ex city drivers.they also have far superior health care that they pay less then fed ex employees for they poop coverage. also even with the pension cut they still have a better pension then fed ex offers .
so i wouldn't assume that going union isn't a good idea because of what you've heard, or what your good buddy told you .

Fedex is running a business...dont think for one minute they will not do whats best for bottom line..for stockholders. I recall a meeting l sat in on in KCY. Many were complaining about everything...and were advised to seek employment elsewhere if so unhappy. Arkansas frtwys..American frtways..Watkins would never have done that. They treated their employees with respect..care &concern. Fedex can and will replace you at the drop of a hat. Thats why write ups flow so freely. Shirt untucked..no black belt..shoestrings not black...you know the stupid nit picky crap. You guys keep wearing your phone headsets...policy is NO cell phone use. Ive seen 7 drivers permantly dismissed for that one. Are you leaving your truck running while hooking? Policy is truck off..door locked. Beware...they are gonna get you
Sounds like alex jones on the boards! Sorry dude Tom Clancy is gone... BUT YOUR TRYING

Congratulations to EKC and KCY for welcoming the union. We as truckers have an amazing opportunity to organize and be part of a union. In order to form a union, we are gathering as many truckers as possible to participate in this idea. There are great benefits to being a member of an organized union, despite the guidance that has been given from Fed-Ex Corporate.

For this idea to succeed, we need as much support as possible and everyone to stand with us for the right to organize. Not only will we receive great benefits, but we will also get the protection from the union that we don't currently have in our employment with Fed-Ex.

In closing, let's rally behind the Kansas City terminal, but also make this a National idea with a Union representing us across the United States. It would only make sense for us all to be represented throughout the states rather than just one terminal on board with the union.

Please reply and participate!

In a months time this little initial post here has garnered 11 "Likes" and the thread has amassed 201 posts, many by the same poster. One does realize that all this equates to not a hill of beans? I'm sure this guy posted here thinking it would be the catalyst, the spark that got the ball rolling, that lit the fire under everybody. Pretty pathetic, but entertaining :LMAO:

I know there has been meetings with the local and cards signed. Not just a hill of beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like more then just ind and cgt want this but we at cgt have been threw it and its great to see were not alone anymore..... By the way i'm a cgt road driver slash ex AF employee that still works here and went threw the vote in 1998 in chi now known as cgx - go kcy and ekc we need this.........

Right on bobcat...count me in.

where are your facts on union wages.will the pension be there when you go to retire. the small pension that fed ex has started for workers will be given back to fed ex if we go union.read the pension book by laws.they will run freight around all of the terminals.,change of ops .with no good places to transfer,we are way late on trying to do anything. lot less members,economy bad,

where are your facts on union wages.will the pension be there when you go to retire. the small pension that fed ex has started for workers will be given back to fed ex if we go union.read the pension book by laws.they will run freight around all of the terminals.,change of ops .with no good places to transfer,we are way late on trying to do anything. lot less members,economy bad,

Yrc drivers make $21.09 per hour in wages. With pension and health contributions that takes the compensation package to about $31.50 per hour. Why would your fedex pension be given back to fedex? Just because you are union doesn't mean you have to be in the union pension fund. Plenty of union companies have 401k or seperate pensions instead of the multi employer funds.

No actually it was 10%, then that wasn t enough, so they took another 5%....equaling a total of 15%. But you forgot something..they suspended pension contributions to the national retirement fund...still suspended from what I ve heard...for about 4 to 4.5 yrs now...

AMd it will continue downhill till ya all get in the game. LEave it to the companies in your own individual jobs, and in DC lobby groups......and they will steal working mans America like they did to the Native Americans.....Capitalism in the US works by lobby. ANd when yours is gone you won't Capitalize. A Capitalist doesn't stop till he has it all. Ya better get yours while ya still can. ANd the best way for you, and all of us in the trade to capitalize is if we participate. THe most effective way to participate is to join the union. COntracts make things better and more stable. And the lobby prevents them changing the laws to make it easier for them and harder for us all. We're either going one way or the other. Life moves. ANd the longer you allow the few (freight teamsters) to fight for all............the shakier the ground gets. And down down down goes the conditions and pay.
IT's gone on too long. The waiting and allowing the small group to fight for the large is very unfair and is not working.
NOw's the time. THe time is now. Or sooner or later we work for pizza delivery wages....maybe some already work for less than that on Friday and Saturday nights.

That's just what FedEx want you to believe they may do that for awhile just to show you who has the power but when all the regions are union then what are they going to do hire contracter there already doing that.

The next contract should be in effect in April 2015. That will go for 5 years till 2020. Its looking like they'll be asking for an extension of the same BS. That looks like it has affected the whole trade negativelly. If you join it helps with leverage. The more, the stronger. But as you sit and watch it stays weak for all. Alot of unhappy people in the trade.

Another 5 years until 2020 is hell. A pathetic waste of life.

Joining could make things better for all.
And enough time has been wasted.....time is life and lives are being wasted by those who intentionally choose to sit out........and if the reason is weak as to why one sits out. It is intentional. A choice not to act.

I'm a Catholic and missing Mass on Sundays is a no-no. When ya miss Mass it is considered a mortal sin called intentionally missing Mass....its not considered light or venial.

YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO ACT OR NOT.
I CONSIDER IT INTENTIONAL IF YA DON'T.
Its a weakness. TOo much time is being wasted by those who choose not to act, within the union and without. ANd that is the cause for the company's to inflict misery for profit's sake.......we're all capitalists and we all should desire profits......and it shouldn't be a one sided deal......God gave us unions to insure that it isn't. DOn't let it slip away...ot their will be hell to pay.......the numbers are so low that we already are paying.

fed ex is FAR better than any of the union companys I have worked for . I have worked for usf Holland and ups freight. health care is far better at fed ex than teamster healthcare plan,made more money at fed ex than the union companys.

fed ex is FAR better than any of the union companys I have worked for . I have worked for usf Holland and ups freight. health care is far better at fed ex than teamster healthcare plan,made more money at fed ex than the union companys.

Really? How much did you pay for health care at the union companies you "worked for"? How much do you pay now?

LOL...I've worked at FXF and am now Union elsewhere....and my jaw dropped at your comment about healthcare!! NOT even close!!!!! AND..l can make more in 6 months now, than I could in a year at FXF waiting for the phone to ring all year. Even if I'd had stayed at FXF, I'd now be laid off due to purchase transportation. Many guys ahead of me recently got the boot

Well I don't know what plan your on and how much you pay but I don't pay nothing for my coverage , and my wife spent 4 days in the icu in august for stepp and 5 days in the hospital for a grand total of 86.000 dollars and my share was 180.00

at Holland it was zero, if you were able to work the required time per week .if not you were without health care coverage the next week. ups freight I will have to look at an old paystub to find out the dollar amount

your statement shows you've either never worked for a union company , or you didn't stay there long enough to hit top rate.
i work for ups freight and make almost 5 dollars a hour more as a city driver then fed ex freight,and i pay 21 dollars a week for my 5 person family on my insurance.
which is about 1/3 of the cost a fed ex city driver pays for his 6 person family.

now i'm no pro union whipping boy but as far as pay ,health care and retirement there is no comparison really, a union company is better.i mean how many non union outfits have a pension? zero thats how many.most are barley breaking the 20 a hour mark where as the union outfits are over 26. some non unions companies don't even pay overtime till they have over 55 hours a week....
but we have other down sides that we learn to work with, "6 month internet course educated supers,sub par equipment,not as much flexibility" .

equipment, work conditions are two of the big ones that are better ,at least at fed ex and OD . i cant speak for all the other union places but at ups there is a lot expected of us, and we are constantly rode hard to reach that expectation. they get the cheapest junk trucks, and run them till the wheels fall off , some of our older body style volvo's have north of 4 million miles on them when the motor blows they just pop a new one in and send it back out as long as the body isn't showing rust.

as far as the health care quality level ,in april of this year i had reconstruction surgery on my left knee all 3 ligaments were tore. it cost me a total of 112.00 out of pocket from my first dr appointment to the last day of therapy .

Last edited by a moderator:
1 day of work you have plan4 2days of work you have plan6 without dental 3days you have full coverage and if yoy have a bid even if your a 10percenter and don't work all week you still are covered if your a causual you have no coverage at all.

at Holland @the location I worked a good week was 3 days I work there for 1.5 yrs stewarts keep saying it would get better ,but. after going through 10,000 dollars of savings to pay bills it was time to go! ups freight was good until the contract went from 5&6 days aweek to 3maybe4 if there was a run to be covered after 3 yrs it was my time for the hard layoff .at fxf I have worked 5&6 days aweek for 4yrs now average about 1950 week far better than I made under teamster contracts. fed ex heathcare for my wifes cancer has paid 92% of bill and never once had to worry about healthcare coverage one week to the next.