FedEx Freight | Union?

Ill give ya the sitting at home claim due to the purchase bs. I will side with ya on that. As far as the mgmt thing i cannot speak fir you guys. I do deal with a couple of hotheads that dont get it. Hiwever, im lucky to have redshirts that i can bring up my issues without intermediary. Ive had to talk to hr once and prob was taken care of in my favor. Dudnt have to pay a single due. I simply feel that the teamsters give 2 craps bout us. They just want the fedex employees so that their $ doesnt drop. Just like every big corporation, everyone whines how mgmt is lowballing the employees so they can appease the shareholders. Well isnf the union acting the same? They want dues for what? So they can show up with big rat and coffee for the striking employees? Then pocket the balance of the dues for themselves

Ill give ya the sitting at home claim due to the purchase bs. I will side with ya on that. As far as the mgmt thing i cannot speak fir you guys. I do deal with a couple of hotheads that dont get it. Hiwever, im lucky to have redshirts that i can bring up my issues without intermediary. Ive had to talk to hr once and prob was taken care of in my favor. Dudnt have to pay a single due. I simply feel that the teamsters give 2 craps bout us. They just want the fedex employees so that their $ doesnt drop. Just like every big corporation, everyone whines how mgmt is lowballing the employees so they can appease the shareholders. Well isnf the union acting the same? They want dues for what? So they can show up with big rat and coffee for the striking employees? Then pocket the balance of the dues for themselves
Your opinion of what the union does and does not do has clearly been influenced by company propaganda. You do understand that dues are for the representation, stewardship on site, insurance, pension if we vote that direction, contractual bargaining, yadda, yadda, yadda. I really could go on and on. I implore you to visit some of the union company's threads on here, maybe shoot over to teamsters.org, speak to some other employees. There's a stigma that comes with voting for union representation that is misguided. If we get to the point of contract negotiations, you do understand WE FedEx employees have a say what goes into our contract, right? We are not so ignorant as to not see the flaws in several contracts around the industry. This is our chance to put our stamp on history. This has never been done with FedEx. This is a chance to strike a middle ground that is beneficial for both our labor force, and FedEx as a whole. It has been referenced before, so I'm not stating anything new, but take a look at UPS' contract. That company is stride for stride as profitable as FedEx, and they are represented well. They even negotiated their way out if the CSPF, which I myself would be all over. There are options here, brother. It's not all "the sky is falling" as the company and some employees will make you believe.

I hear ya. Honestly my opinion of unions comes from friends that are part of unions. Not teamsters per say but hvac, plumbers, etc. A few of yhem outta work cuz of bs stuff that union went along with comp. that they dealt with. Im a road driver for fedex and have to get sleep or ekse id explain the couple examples i have. Maybe tonight ill jump back on and explain. Fyi hearing indy anx cgt want in also

If the idiots in ekc and kcy want organization so much then why dont they go to yrc or ups? Damn right im a no vote. Screw the teamsters. They can rot in hell.

It's not about wanting to be a Teamster. It's about protecting the life we have built at FXF. I was a union driver for a long time before I came here and NOT once did have to have an "intermediate" to talk to my line haul manager so stop with the anti union company line. And before you hit on this one, dues are 2.5 times your hourly rate (about $58 depending on regional pay rate) and paid once a month not per week. You've probably never lost out on a better paying run because a lazy dispatcher was to busy texting to do his job and then was told "at the discretion of the hub" Our jobs are being threatened for the sake of a profit margin and numbers on a spread sheet. My guess is you work at some EOL in the middle of nowhere and are ignorant to the aweful way drivers have been treated at some of the large hubs.

If your so in love with this company and the direction it's going, then why don't you put on a red shirt. I'm sure your about as willing to do that as I am willing to give up all that I've earned here and go to YRC or UPS. I would ask that you put down the purple cool-aid and have a real conversation with a union driver about truth vs. myths that the company has fed all of us all these years.

I just want to know that I have a secure job so I can feed my family and give them the life they deserve. If that makes me an idiot then so be it.

If we were treated with respect and appreciation. Maintainence was top shelf and th nit picky BS was discontinued...there would be no room or need for a union or anything else to represent us. When the company stops listening to employees and its ego becomes so large they no longer care about them..where else can we turn to? Its not about making the company pay or punishing fedex...its about wanting someone to engage the company in a dialogue that benefits all employees because fedex has stopped listening and caring

If your so in love with this company and the direction it's going, then why don't you put on a red shirt. I'm sure your about as willing to do that as I am willing to give up all that I've earned here and go to YRC or UPS. I would ask that you put down the purple cool-aid and have a real conversation with a union driver about truth vs. myths that the company has fed all of us all these years.

I just want to know that I have a secure job so I can feed my family and give them the life they deserve. If that makes me an idiot then so be it.

Did it ever occur to you that he already wears a red shirt, or maybe even a suit and tie to work everyday???

I'd say more likely an EOL term that has decent mgmt.
I've run across several peeps like that.
Too bad we can't all live in nirvana instead of the real world.

Did any of you that own FedEx stock read the voters guide and proxy?
The pages devoted to pension enhancements for Fred and the rest of the BOD almost made me ill.

I'm surprised that some guys are against this. Especially in the KC area. Horrible ops manager in KCY. Horrible way to treat people all across the board top down.
I hated my life working there. I'm glad I was able to move on. They guys that stayed do have something to fight for.
I've always been critical of the teamsters but the way fedex freight treats and talks to their people is mind numbing bad. That's a fact that's been discussed by the most non union voices here.
Most everyone has to agree that something needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it ever occur to you that he already wears a red shirt, or maybe even a suit and tie to work everyday???

No it didn't, all thought some are pretty stupid most know how the whole "punctuation" thing works and can use spell check. Probably just some dumb hayseed ham'n egger that thinks Uncle Freddy sees the good job he's doing and actually cares about him.

Anyone who thinks fedex cares..be it redshirt..driver..office..mechanic...is severely disillusioned. Thats the biggest problem . You can run a company..be profitable and still care about the employees and show them appreciation. Not BS..lip service "we appreciate you" but genuine Thanks for a good job..occasional cookout..anything that shows recognition of the job we do..day in and day out. It would take very little effort on their behalf...but for some reason...guessing inflated ego...they treat everyone...including our customers... like disposable diapers...fill it as full of crap as it will take...throw it away...and get another one. This is why people are fed up and angry. Wanting change becase it doesnt have to be this way. A little effort and mindset change and all would be ok. So...if it takes a outside party..the union..to come on board and open a dialogue and impliment the change the come on in fellas and count me as a yes

UPS bought there way out of the Central States Pension Fund, which is in financial trouble. The 44K UPS employees are now covered by their own pension plan. The rest of the UPS employees are still covered by various teamster pension plans.
Well that's really groovy! I think sometimes with most of these union non union topics the truth lies somewhere in the middle. True enough we as drivers for fedex are facing some problems that need to be addressed and maybe union representation may be the only way to resolve that! I liked my time with the teamsters, the health benefits where great, my pay was great. However I hear some driver on here talking about drinking the purple koolaid, well I have heard Hoffa in the past dishing out plenty of teamster koolaid too, especially when talking about the underfunded teamster pension plan. When Hoffa came out complaining that shortfalls in the pension where due to union carriers that went out of business and there was not enough people paying into the fund as opposed to people collecting benefits, well I had enough teamster koolaid then one could handle. First of all those drivers that worked 30 years at CF, Preston, etc. money was going into that fund on behalf of those workers on a monthly basis, all those years they worked at those companies, whether the company went out of business or not. Where is the money? Robbing peter to pay paul just like social security. When I worked at Crouse Cartage, Crouse was paying 550 dollars a month into the pension alone on my behalf and that was over 13 years ago. I was not a teamster for the minimum of 5 years so that money about 20,000 dollars I will never see. I know those are the rules, but I think those rules stink. Well I am getting ahead of myself, I would not say I would be totally against union representation but if the pension fund has anything to do with a contract I say No Thanks!

does any one notice that all the new trucks say fedex corp and not freight. this means no more fedex freight and keeps us under the airline deal.ie harder to unionize.

does any one notice that all the new trucks say fedex corp and not freight. this means no more fedex freight and keeps us under the airline deal.ie harder to unionize.

Oh is that what it means? When are they changing the name on everything else? I'm sure it's some sort of maneuver to save money on registration. And,do they not say Freight in smaller print and on the air Damn?

When I retired from my union job I became a contractor for WML, I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that there was not a need for a union. When fed ex bought them and they became National things went downhill in at a rapid rate. All you have to do is read the very first sentence of the mission statement to realize it's just about the money. I won't say anymore because it has been asked for non employees to refrain and I will respect that

Its true all went down hill..as national fedex systematically removed Watkins leadership replacing it with frt mgmt. Drivrrs were written up and eliminsted. All fedex wanted was Watkins canadian company to ease travel across border. The equipment because frt equip was junk. Watkins had new tractors..trlrs..new terminals and everything was well maintained and taken care of. Thats one thing I noticed when they took over and intigrated their equip....its old and junky. Watkins oldest city tractors were nicer than most of fedex's newer stuff. There are bid drivers I slipped with that kept their trucks very nice but Im talking million mile trucks...and just beat up crap. City units dirty..nasty..not taken care of. I apologize for rambling...my point is all freight cares about is stockholders and numbers....not customers..not employees...thats why it sucks.

Good luck to those that want to unionize. I will be watching :couch: as you :Emoticon_digging:

Yes look at the union they got YRC a heck of a deal. I believe a 10% pay cut then another 15%. I could make the same as them running otr. Thanks but NO THANKS!!!

Actually the first vote was for 10 percent pay cut and an 18 month postponement to the retirement. In exchange for this wondrous idea, we got a bunch of stocks, which we lost with the reverse splits in 2011. Then we took it in the shorts for another 5 percent and a permanent postponement on the retirement. Everyone believes we are going to get the retirement back in 2015 as well as the pay cut returns but already YRC (your Retirement Cancelled) is seeking a two year extension. The union rep would only tell us that 'at least we have a job' nonsense. Since I currently work at Fed Ex, I will not be voting for a union due to the great experience at YRC.

Another thought...if there were to be a union at FedEx...the problem of pulling overweight trailers would actually be addressed. Red shirts know...as do drivers..pulling overweight trailers is illegal and against company policy. We've all seen the videos...received the education and signed the sheets. Why is it..as drivers..we are asked and at times expected to violate law and company policy??? If we are caught doing this...yes..company pays ticket BUT it still goes on our MVR & we are awarded CSA points. When it comes down to it...FedEx will say it's the drivers responsibility to ensure that all trailers pulled are safe and legal. So why risk it??? We save more money for FedEx by ensuring trailers are safe & of proper weight.
why would it be an issue?? Just tell ur manager u r not pulling the overweight trailer, becuz u r not breaking the law. And if they fire you , any lawyer would pick ur case up... remember once u leave the yard with it, u r responsible for it. Non union or union company, it dont matter the law is the same for all drivers.

Screw the unions. Screw ekc and kcy. Shut the terminals down or i recommend going to yrc or ups if you want union bs
Let me guess, u r got laid off by a union truckline?? Or u r a proud southern republican? If you never worked for a union outfit, then why would you hate something so much that you dont know jacksh!t about. Just curious.....