FedEx Freight | Union?

Fxfc you made your point , honestly we get it your a contactor with no rights to his own business, you want to get out but the money is just good enough to not leave..

You give fxf up 3 hours free ,damn that's a long lunch too bad u can't step foot on the dock with those sandals and load ur trls.

.. How much do you charge 4 detention with power anyway?

The first 3 hours of waiting time is built into the rate as part of the contract. It's built in because on average we burn 3 hours crossing the border and waiting at TOL. After 3 hours it's an hourly rate. Some less scrupulous contractors stop for lunch and claim it as waiting time. Others nap for the same reason. I don't believe in that sort of behavior, because one day you inevitably get caught. As for my paid rate...that's not something that I want to discuss purely because discussing one's paycheck is in poor taste.

I hear ya about the paycheck FXFC1620, its like having a small whickerbill, no one wants to admit to that but if ya got a big one, and enough whiskey, you lay that dude up on the bar! LOL!

Schneider isn't union, I assure you.

They have some Teamster drivers,...........Because there are some places in the Fox valley that won't let you in without a card,......

And at one time they were the largest Union carrier in the country,....

After deregulation that same to an end,As with most of the otr carriers,...

Funny how wages and benefits have been stagnate for the non union drivers since deregulation,....

The first 3 hours of waiting time is built into the rate as part of the contract. It's built in because on average we burn 3 hours crossing the border and waiting at TOL. After 3 hours it's an hourly rate. Some less scrupulous contractors stop for lunch and claim it as waiting time. Others nap for the same reason. I don't believe in that sort of behavior, because one day you inevitably get caught. As for my paid rate...that's not something that I want to discuss purely because discussing one's paycheck is in poor taste.

We tend to freely share mileage rates and hourly rates.
We don't share gross or net paycheck totals, that is indeed in poor taste.
If you feel that is sharing too much, that is your choice.
Your rates of compensation may very well have an effect on your feelings about the union.

We tend to freely share mileage rates and hourly rates.
We don't share gross or net paycheck totals, that is indeed in poor taste.
If you feel that is sharing too much, that is your choice.
Your rates of compensation may very well have an effect on your feelings about the union.

A lot of things affect my feelings about the union. My rates are just something that I don't talk to others about. I'd sooner be silent than come off as a braggart. I don't like when others do it, so I don't in turn. The only thing I don't have is benefits...but even in the one instance of employment that I had them, the company didn't honor them and the union did nothing when I tried to grieve it.

I'm sorry that happened, but that is a local level issue.

The issues that we have are at a level much higher than something handled by a steward or business agent.

Just wondering, how often do you lose a days work because someone decided they didn't need as many trucks in a lane?
How often do you suppose they'd not call you to work and give your work to a dock worker as a matter of expediency?
How often do they decide to route your work through another service center in a parallel lane?
How often does a supervisor try to goad you into a moment of anger allowing the supervisor to report you to HR for making him/her feel threatened thus causing you to be made available to the industry?

RC really doesn't think you can answer yes to any of these. So even though you perform work for FedEx Freight (Canada), you don't really work for FedEx Freight (USA) so I don't feel some of your comments on this particular thread are germane.

I do value your input on other threads, I just don't think this one is for you or any one else not currently employed here.
In other words, locals only.

I can answer yes to the last two questions, however neither of those things have adversely impacted my work day and that's the point you're making here. I cede your point, and mostly want to say that I wish you all luck because it's very much an uphill battle. I never meant to offend anyone, and only intended to present a counterpoint for consideration. Nothing more. And with that, I bow out of this thread.

Thank you. I do hope to see you around in other conversations.
This is a very important and volatile issue that we do need to sort out ourselves.

The only people i think going union would not benefit are the guys a and gals that only plan on working here 2 to 5 years. But if anybody thinks this company is going to keep you around as you get old and slow your not being realistic about the way this co. operates. I worked at Roadway Express for 10 yrs and i didnt see half of the accidents ive seen here in 4 yrs. Ive lost count on how many people have been fired here. Thats one thing i dont remember seeing or hearing about at Roadway . I Unfortunately was part of the YRC bad merger at the wrong time.Thats all that was,i did have the option the transfer to a different terminal with my seniority. I chose not to up root my family,but yes i did have a choice thanks to the union. We here at fxf are no different than Ups except that they work under a union contract and have way better pay,insurance ,retirement.

Color purple freight is nrla while express is rla still. And freight can be organized terminal by terminal...

With every new guy you see will end up with the ppa ( personal peanut allowance) which is better then nothing but let me tell you a secrete it ain't a fraction of what a average teamster gets after retirement.

They made a ppa so you can take it out when u walk away after 7years. Fedex doesn't want 30 year drivers anymore... Thats a fact... How many of your co workers been fired over bs?

Color purple freight is nrla while express is rla still. And freight can be organized terminal by terminal...

With every new guy you see will end up with the ppa ( personal peanut allowance) which is better then nothing but let me tell you a secrete it ain't a fraction of what a average teamster gets after retirement.

They made a ppa so you can take it out when u walk away after 7years. Fedex doesn't want 30 year drivers anymore... Thats a fact... How many of your co workers been fired over bs?

Very sorry. You are correct. My info that I read was wrong. I apologize for posting incorrect information.

I was always under the impression that FedEx in its entirety was covered by the RLA. If Freight is indeed covered under the NLRB that would be good news indeed. What is the source for this information?
A link would be appreciated.