FedEx Freight | Union?

I don't want to get into the political debate. We can all do our research and find out which parties support unions and which parties don't. We can also look at unions as a whole and see who they did back politically. However, what we are trying to accomplish here is what we could all benefit from, and that's having a union. If it wasn't for unions, let's face it, we would not be making the wages we currently earn.

It's true that the unions leadership generally backs the libs, no doubt about that but, I don't hear much love for Obama from members in break rooms.
Hopefully we can get some different leadership in the near future. Hoffa Jr is no more Hoffa Sr, than Earnhardt Jr is Earnhardt Sr. It's all name recognition

fed ex freight has a pension fund.set up by fed ex.no money out of my pocket,take with me when I leave.i was told years ago by union workers that if they have less members they will not be able to pay benefits,i may pay more for insurance,but I make more than most union drivers,ups is a stand alone union, they did the right thing getting away from the pension funds to take care of there people.i expect to pay for my health care premiums,i was told years ago to save for old age,nothing is free,they owe you nothing when you retire,unless you have what was promised to you by ups.

If the pension fund is set up by FEDEX how can ya be so sure they didn't set it up that they may dip into it if they please?

it is a portable pension fund.company can not dip into it,when you leave it is yours.to move,
thats not exactly true, any pension fund thats 100% company paid for ,the company has control over even is the pension is administered by a third party like prudential or something. so if they decide they need to come up with money for what ever reason and have nowhere else to get it, they can take it from the fund with the intention on paying it back.
thats how company funded pensions go broke all the time, the companies loose revenue and need cash ,they take it from the fund then cant pay it back for what ever reason.

im sure if you googled "company funded pensions that went broke" you'll find thousands of results on that list.

CF closed their doors because the conway companies bled it out. You don't know your history at all.

Having come from the big blue monster myself, I've read the book. Emery Worldwide bled CF, then the parent company saw a way to get rid of the problem by spinning CF motor freight division off by itself while it was down, leaving it to die by itself. While I do agree that it was the long-term plan of CNF (parent company of CF motor freight, the Con-ways, et al) to rid themselves of the union by forming the Con-ways, the major problem CF had for years was Emery. They bought it, it never turned a profit and they couldn't find anyone to buy it to get rid of it. The solution was to spin it off and let them die. And I am a firm believer that the regime that was running CF motor freight raided the coffers before they closed it down.

It's true that the unions leadership generally backs the libs, no doubt about that but, I don't hear much love for Obama from members in break rooms.
Hopefully we can get some different leadership in the near future. Hoffa Jr is no more Hoffa Sr, than Earnhardt Jr is Earnhardt Sr. It's all name recognition

The union does what any business/organization does, it cozies itself up as best it can to whomever is in power. And seeing how there's not much difference between a democrat and a GOP republican, if Mitt Romney were in office today they'd cozy up to him too. Both sides of the aisle are corrupt and neither have the American people's best interest in mind.

And the alternative was to stand firm, no give backs and watch YRC and your job go down the drain?
Who are you trying to kid? Yellow made a stupid decision by buying Roadway in the name of market share and YRC made another stupid decision in buying USF in the name of market share. The Teamsters allowed the employees the chance to buy their jobs, nothing more nothing less
The same thing happened at TransCon, just had a different name.
They called it ESOP, didn't help us.

You'll be sorry.......:(
Congratulations to EKC and KCY for welcoming the union. We as truckers have an amazing opportunity to organize and be part of a union. In order to form a union, we are gathering as many truckers as possible to participate in this idea. There are great benefits to being a member of an organized union, despite the guidance that has been given from Fed-Ex Corporate.

For this idea to succeed, we need as much support as possible and everyone to stand with us for the right to organize. Not only will we receive great benefits, but we will also get the protection from the union that we don't currently have in our employment with Fed-Ex.

In closing, let's rally behind the Kansas City terminal, but also make this a National idea with a Union representing us across the United States. It would only make sense for us all to be represented throughout the states rather than just one terminal on board with the union.

Please reply and participate!

After reading through older post I'd like to add something. The Unions support the Democrats for the reason that they don't push anti-union legislation like right to work laws. The Democrats actually want the Unions to succeed, and pass laws to help it do so, because they see it as their base. The GOP on the other hand support, and in turn are supported by, big buisness. Sorry but some of the bull I read on here just needed a little fifth grade social studies 101 clarification. Now back to your regularly scheduled debate on the Union coming to FedEx.

Last edited by a moderator:
the union saved yrc, at least they had a say the workers voted for the cut,and that's about to end,i think its great, tired of working for a co that is a one way street there way or the highway,all fxf cares about is there share holders guess what we could care less about the share holders,we need a set of work rules,not just there work rules,when I started here it was great amazing how fast they took it down,good job ekc and kcy and dallas Memphis keep up the good workdown there too,it didn't have to be this way,i have never worked at a place where red shirts was so jealousof drivers cuz what we make,it shows make that gate make that gate so we can get our bonus ha

In America this is called running a business. Look at YRC the money lost and will be closed in the next 1-2 years, the writing is on the wall!!!

In America this is called running a business. Look at YRC the money lost and will be closed in the next 1-2 years, the writing is on the wall!!!

I doubt any democratic administration will let such a big union co fail..Thats alot of union people out of work..Look what the current administration did with the Big Three automakers and they rallied and voted blue. Yellow should have died years ago, but they are still hanging on.

I doubt any democratic administration will let such a big union co fail..Thats alot of union people out of work..Look what the current administration did with the Big Three automakers and they rallied and voted blue. Yellow should have died years ago, but they are still hanging on.

Yeah they're still hanging on but I think the fat lady everyone's been talking about is finally about to sing. If they can't refinance their debt (which they can't do without a contract extension) then it's curtains. They can't afford the balloon payments. There's just not enough cash on board. They're going to have a tough time convincing their rank and file employees to vote in more concessions or an extension of current concessions.

I believe y'all at FedEx need some help dealing with oppressive management, just like I felt Con-way drivers need the same. I hope y'all can get something straightened out. Just like YRC there's no good solution any way you look at it.