FedEx Freight | Union....

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would the dot shut us down? and why would it be that drivers problem, he goes on the clock if he is taken oos.

and for your false comments about fredex "pulling away" from the competition, why do you lag behind ups freight so badly? their benefits make yours look pathetic, a does their pension and pay. yet they are teamsters.

I dont think alot of your young Fedex guys could keep up with some of our New Penn Guys in their 50's. Youve got some lazy young guys too. We're not blind. Our guys dont do it cause theyre scared. They just are that way.

The CSA score encompasses many things such as faulty equipment, logging violations such as hours of service etc. as well as hazmat. It can get a carrier Shut Down. How is that a management only problem? As far as the union deal the "that's not my job" mentality contributes to bad productivity and poor profits. I don't recall seeing YRC drivers being very urgent about their duties like we are at Fedex. Just saying.....

I just watch and cheer on for those that desire Union representation.In all honestly I don't see the whole fedex system going union.Alot of the labor doesn't understand the purpose of any union and besides most are content the way things are.Its just a job attitude

As for retirement, our 401K and free pension plans aren't bad at all. It's up to us as employees to plan for our own retirement, it's not FedEx's responsibility, it's ours.

Is this the joke of the day lmao work here for 30 years and bring home less than unemployment. It's hard to save money when all it takes is one hospital stay and your bankrupt from having our fabulous health insurance. Not to mention were one of the lowest paid ltl's but we are still the largest, all this stuff makes perfect sense lol.
If you work here 30 years and bring home less than unemployment, why are you STILL working here? It's obviously not the pay, or the insurance, or even the pension...get a jump on your future and leave, file for unemployment, get your subsidized Obamacare, you'll be so much happier!

If one hospital stay will cause you to go bankrupt, then you've obviously been living beyond your means!
It's not hard to save money, quit trying to keep up with the Jones's!

Some people need to check the facts and see that company's today like FedEx are making historic profits but yet the employees benefits packages are getting worse and there is no signs of anything changing real soon. How much will we give up before we realize we are getting short changed in one of the top ten most dangerous jobs in the country. Its up to the employees to put a stop to it, otherwise it will continue.

When DOT shuts you down is it still not a problem for the union or employees? Seems like a big one to me. I won't say we don't have some feet draggers, all companies do. But for the most part good workers. The big difference is we are profitable whereas YRC and ABF aren't even with the concessions agreed to by your union. We don't need your kind of help.

There is that we thing again, you speak for yourself pal a one man band.

Some people need to check the facts and see that company's today like FedEx are making historic profits but yet the employees benefits packages are getting worse and there is no signs of anything changing real soon. How much will we give up before we realize we are getting short changed in one of the top ten most dangerous jobs in the country. Its up to the employees to put a stop to it, otherwise it will continue.
Neither you nor Buffalo are employed here so why are you guys worried about our profits and bennies?

It's not that we or the two you were talking about aren't employed at your company.It is true about executive compensation and profits meanwhile wages remain stagnate or lower.
But if a majority of our employees are ok with it, as the latest election results have shown, why should you guys be worried about it?
That's the problem with people today, everybody is worried about what everybody else is doing!

The CSA score encompasses many things such as faulty equipment, logging violations such as hours of service etc. as well as hazmat. It can get a carrier Shut Down. How is that a management only problem? As far as the union deal the "that's not my job" mentality contributes to bad productivity and poor profits. I don't recall seeing YRC drivers being very urgent about their duties like we are at Fedex. Just saying.....
I know several of your guys and the same can be said of them!!

I guess ABF must have taken their paycuts and concessions due to poor management as well. We all know it couldn't be the unions fault right. Lol. As far as the pay both of those companies pay less per hr. and mile than Fedex. And as far as better employees I don't think so. If they are so great maybe you should try to get your old job back instead of ruining ours.
You factor into account what union guys get paid for in which the non don't at the end of the day you are not making more! That argument is getting old!!! Go back to blowing your horn ??? What ever that was all about!! Lol

But if a majority of our employees are ok with it, as the latest election results have shown, why should you guys be worried about it?
That's the problem with people today, everybody is worried about what everybody else is doing!
A majority of us aren't worried or concerned about your company or personal business.We help with the facts.You all have to decide.I don't have a dog in your race.I just support you all in whatever you all decide.Just glad I don't have to stand in solidarity outside your gates holding a picket sign.Too cold out this time of year..lol.plus I didn't know til later that some of ya were wanting any representation.Because our union didn't ask for any action from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.