XPO | Update on XCO

I tried to cash in.....apparently too much money for me to cash out per Portland. I was told no. I had the same idea about investing it.

I tried too along with several others from my terminal...no dice. Took forever just to get em to give a ballpark figure lol

I think thats right. When the time comes I'll be taking my pension in a lump sum. Sucks to have money sitting idle not making any gains. For some reason I cant grasp why they claim to be putting in so many millions when everyones pension is frozen and a lot of people will only get very small payouts. Me for example I estimate I'll be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k minus taxes. I was less than 10 years in before the big freeze. They must have big time obligations or I suspect were way behind and had to play catch up. Maybe a lil bit of both. As a side note things are eerily quiet in my area. XCO still making progress?

Yeah, we are. Hoping that the other terminals are working hard. Its pretty quiet here too.

I think thats right. When the time comes I'll be taking my pension in a lump sum. Sucks to have money sitting idle not making any gains. For some reason I cant grasp why they claim to be putting in so many millions when everyones pension is frozen and a lot of people will only get very small payouts. Me for example I estimate I'll be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k minus taxes. I was less than 10 years in before the big freeze. They must have big time obligations or I suspect were way behind and had to play catch up. Maybe a lil bit of both. As a side note things are eerily quiet in my area. XCO still making progress?

You need to do the research and educate yourself. Pensions are just like insurance policies. They won't give you a number until you are close to retirement because of the variables. To take a lump sum you will receive less money. Want only a five year guarantee and life for your spouse? Worth more money. You have many options to how you will collect your pension, all options offer different total compensation amounts.

Yeah, it is kind of odd that they have to keep putting in millions and millions of dollars, and we get, well, not that much.

beerfd said:
I wish they would just buy us out right now, and be done with it..

I wish they would too. What variables are there with our pension since it's frozen,no money being put in except to catch it up? The money that was in there for employees in '06 is the same that will be there when someone reaches retirement age hopefully. Where is all that pension money held? Piles of cash in a vault somewhere sitting idle? No need to invest it to make gains since the pension is frozen right? The interest,dividends etc goes to whom if in fact that money isn't just sitting idle somewhere? I havent a clue about this but would love to know.

Rumors are starting to spread down this way. What's this i hear about Doug S. Visiting XCO? that true?

Heard that about a week or so ago, but he hasn't been here yet. Wouldn't be surprised though. Got to give him credit if he does show after the reception Bruce Moss got when he was here.

He has to see before his very own eyes that DSR's are actually wanting a union in his sweat shop. Hahaha...And they thought the VVP bonus check would keep us happy.. $150 bucks for the year LMAO

since

Ya thanks I can read, I don't believe my response was directed at you. I'm just letting facts be known since I know nobody is unavailable right now. So thanks.

When guys like you answers questions not directed at them either pretend they know something or are trolls. With your amount of posts... you look like a troll. This question could have waited to be answered by nobody...ok..troll?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk