XPO | Update on XCO

Well here we are for our weekly update. Sorry to report nothing new. We do have allot of cards signed just not the 75% they want for the vote. We have a meeting scheduled for this Saturday to try to put us over the top. Still allot of guys worried about the company routing freight around the terminals. WE HAVE A PLAN FOR THIS! I understand there have been terminals who have tried to contact their locals and are not receiving calls back. If this is happening call our local here (the 413) and ask for Bud. He will have international get involved to get you help. Also, please visit our locals webpage to read a letter from the local president about Conway. DON'T GIVE UP! We can do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Verify a rumor I heard which is very hard to believe.....Teamsters supposedly offering 2 years credit for every one worked towards the pension (once you are vested of course). I have heard this more than once and not on these boards.....I just find it hard to believe......but a very lucrative offer to the senior drivers.

Verify a rumor I heard which is very hard to believe.....Teamsters supposedly offering 2 years credit for every one worked towards the pension (once you are vested of course). I have heard this more than once and not on these boards.....I just find it hard to believe......but a very lucrative offer to the senior drivers.

My momma once told me that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I think you and I can finally agree. They may not vote yes and we'll be fine with that. But since Tom Clark was here last Wednesday and told us flat out no raise and they are changing the rules for getting the 401k back, allot more guys here are coming around. We really do want to make it better here for everyone. I don't work where you do. We do know people from other terminals that feel the same way you and I do. Maybe you have it better than we do. I know how hard guys have to work to make 90k+. Even you have to admit that its not easy money. It takes allot of hours and miles to make that kind of money. I for one still love seeing my wife and kids and still have time to play with the grandkids when they come over. We all work hard, but even I admit the linehaul drivers work the hardest. They kill themselves every week trying to make good money. Its frustrating for them to work that hard and see more and more subservice coming and and taking the long linehaul runs. Now not only do they stay up all night and drive. But the mileage is shorter and when they get back they need to run some volume city pedals or start even earlier at night and work the outbound dock to make up the difference. Taking time away from their families. On top of that they are getting their retirement statements and seeing that all they are going to be getting for this is a monthly benefit that doesn't even equal 1 week of line haul pay. I made 65k last year. Yes, thats good money, but its about my benefits too. I pay $92 per week for health care that just 2 years ago cost me $7 per week. The only retirement that we get now is what we put in. I have to contribute more to make up for what the company doesn't contribute anymore. I don't want to work forever. I want to grow old and be one of these annoying people driving a Winnebago with the Good Sams Club sticker on the back whos running 45 MPH down the freeway. The way things are going thats never going to happen. I really sincerely hope that we do not mess things up for you or anyone else.

Man you got it figured out about not working your life away!None of us know just how much time we have here either.

This is a generally offered to all in an organizing drive. And yes it is a good deal.A Very common practice

Time is getting closer and closer. All the fence straddlers need to be getting close to making a decision I would think, because UNITED WE STAND and divided we fall. As in the movie Gladiator, stand together, shoulder to shoulder, shield to shield and we will prevail. GO TEAM TEAMSTERS!!!!!!!!

Just a quick note. We have a meeting with our local tomorrow here in Columbus. Any of you from the surrounding terminals are welcome to attend if you would like. We will have the rep from the XAY area here tomorrow if any of you up there are interested.

Just a quick note. We have a meeting with our local tomorrow here in Columbus. Any of you from the surrounding terminals are welcome to attend if you would like. We will have the rep from the XAY area here tomorrow if any of you up there are interested.

Excellent news..... educate yourselves

Just arrived home from our meeting. We had a very nice turn out. Thanks to all who attended. One topic that came up was the Central States Pension plan. We DO NOT have to be in that pension fund. They will negotiate with whatever pension fund we choose or we could just stay with the 401k we have now. They would just make sure that its negotiated in the contract that our 401k go to back to what it was and that it stays there for the duration of the contract. We know this was an important topic for several people.

I have never heard of the teamsters negotiating out of an area fund before.
Just arrived home from our meeting. We had a very nice turn out. Thanks to all who attended. One topic that came up was the Central States Pension plan. We DO NOT have to be in that pension fund. They will negotiate with whatever pension fund we choose or we could just stay with the 401k we have now. They would just make sure that its negotiated in the contract that our 401k go to back to what it was and that it stays there for the duration of the contract. We know this was an important topic for several people.