TForce | UPS Freight employees will vote yes on final contract offer.

You must be a driver with a lot of years in, making great money and in the old retirement system to say that? Of course you’re very content.

No I lost out on the new retirement system, it upset me greatly at the time, but I have learned to accept it. And I make the same wages as any other person who has 4 years or more at the company. Which is not exactly fair, but again, I accept it.
All employees earn certain perks with time and they are passed on when they leave. That's the system. We all started at the bottom and only through the years does that change.

During contract negotiations: It’s obvious no one wants to willingly hurt themselves financially, but when UPS does it to us first by giving us crumbs instead of a small slice than you have to retaliate/counter in some form.
We overwhelmingly voted for a potential strike and UPS countered by daring us with this crapola crmb sprinkled contract revision. It’s an absolute embarrassing piece of brown stuff and they are snickering and peeking behind the shades to see if we take the crumbs and walk away for their victory.
People talking tough about the potential strike are now freaking out and caving in.

If you talk the talk to your coworkers you have to walk the walk...we have to be “Teamsters” not fair weathered “Meesters” in this potential battle. It’s one of the bitter pills we have to take as union members.

Vote No! Stop being publically intimidated with scare tactics and members posting absolute rumors about UPS dumping freight business.
The ball is truly in our court and how we handle it and persevere through possible tough times will determine how UPS treats us when we negotiate again. UPS wants all of us to cave in.
Harsh words: I wish the ones that truly cave in, don’t vote or don’t care for a better contract to not receive what us fighters fight for. That won’t happen but in the end every one vote and vote your conscience.
Again, the balls in our court and we are truly setting the tone and setting the precedence for the next round.

Read the Last sentence of the story link below:

Important Update on UPS® Freight Shipments
https://www.ups.com/us/en/about/news/important-updates.page

During contract negotiations: It’s obvious no one wants to willingly hurt themselves financially, but when UPS does it to us first by giving us crumbs instead of a small slice than you have to retaliate/counter in some form.
We overwhelmingly voted for a potential strike and UPS countered by daring us with this crapola crmb sprinkled contract revision. It’s an absolute embarrassing piece of brown stuff and they are snickering and peeking behind the shades to see if we take the crumbs and walk away for their victory.
People talking tough about the potential strike are now freaking out and caving in.

If you talk the talk to your coworkers you have to walk the walk...we have to be “Teamsters” not fair weathered “Meesters” in this potential battle. It’s one of the bitter pills we have to take as union members.

Vote No! Stop being publically intimidated with scare tactics and members posting absolute rumors about UPS dumping freight business.
The ball is truly in our court and how we handle it and persevere through possible tough times will determine how UPS treats us when we negotiate again. UPS wants all of us to cave in.
Harsh words: I wish the ones that truly cave in, don’t vote or don’t care for a better contract to not receive what us fighters fight for. That won’t happen but in the end every one vote and vote your conscience.
Again, the balls in our court and we are truly setting the tone and setting the precedence for the next round.

Well said! Vote NO! You’re being taken advantage of by UPS and the IBT!

Mr. Dockworker,
When the employees voted to authorize a strike, small pack was with us. Now with their contract ratified, we are no longer in any position to strike.

Why risk a strike and ups closing the doors when we can freely accept the offer that is better than the first, especially when a strike guarantees nothing, but a loss of wages, benefits and the permanent closing of the company.

You're gamble is yours to take, but I am in no way standing with you in your game of russian roulette with my family's economic well being.

That's why I am voting yes, and the majority will also, your side of the argument can not be made without name calling and demeaning your fellow employees.

This happens every 5 years when our contract expires, everyone has 5 years to put aside something for rainy days, stop getting slapped in the face by UPS every five years and thanking them for it.
It’s embarrassing to see the once tough vocal ones on here and at my work place start caving in, putting their tails between their legs and start unjustly justifying why they suddenly feel the contract is a good one. Face it....deep down inside everyone knows the contract is crap. UPS even knows they put crap on a fishhook for us to bite at. That’s how negotiating is.
I have a giant pot and I will keep giving you these pieces of crap crumbs until you fold. Any amount I don’t give you upfront from my giant pot of crappy crumbs with the golden ticket inside is money saved for me.
No reason to sway yourselves and settle for it unless you are financially in the hole.
Again....we go through this every five years and everyone has 5 years to save for a rainy day.

Just my opinion again....just go out and vote your conscience.

Maybe its time for you to find other employment. It is evident that you hate the company you work for, why are you still there?

My plan is to vote yes, with all the my reasonable fellow employees, and go back to work.

The ibt has no plan for victory.

"The wise warrior aviods the battle."

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.” – Sun Tzu
Jeezus, the guy was born in 545 BC. Nice to know the world hasn’t changed at all in 2500 years, huh?

This happens every 5 years when our contract expires, everyone has 5 years to put aside something for rainy days, stop getting slapped in the face by UPS every five years and thanking them for it.
It’s embarrassing to see the once tough vocal ones on here and at my work place start caving in, putting their tails between their legs and start unjustly justifying why they suddenly feel the contract is a good one. Face it....deep down inside everyone knows the contract is crap. UPS even knows they put crap on a fishhook for us to bite at. That’s how negotiating is.
I have a giant pot and I will keep giving you these pieces of crap crumbs until you fold. Any amount I don’t give you upfront from my giant pot of crappy crumbs with the golden ticket inside is money saved for me.
No reason to sway yourselves and settle for it unless you are financially in the hole.
Again....we go through this every five years and everyone has 5 years to save for a rainy day.

Just my opinion again....just go out and vote your conscience.

There are no give backs in the contract. With our first no vote we retained the 156 punches for vacations and 1500 hours for pension accrual. P+d drivers go a .60 cent raise for performing dock work and road driver got a bit more money in their raises.

I am satisfied with that, and I am sure the majority will feel the same.

I wasn’t attempting to sway any votes, nor did I hurl an insult at anyone. I merely stated a fact.

My suspicion is you’re a company management plant. But, that’s just my opinion.

You'd be wrong.

As it has been it the past, there is a very vocal minority that bangs the drums of vote no and strike, it always comes with insults to those who disagree with them.
In the end the silent majority will vote for ratification. Just as they did in 2013.

The last story line is Freight will resume when contract is passed. It will be the same contract that is being offered today. Everyone will lose wages and many will lose their jobs. It was determined last night finally; that UPS freight drivers have a higher total financial compensation than FEDEX freight, wages, pension and health care. Wow, not sure why you are being so self destructive.

Mr. Dockworker,
When the employees voted to authorize a strike, small pack was with us. Now with their contract ratified, we are no longer in any position to strike.

Why risk a strike and ups closing the doors when we can freely accept the offer that is better than the first, especially when a strike guarantees nothing, but a loss of wages, benefits and the permanent closing of the company.

You're gamble is yours to take, but I am in no way standing with you in your game of russian roulette with my family's economic well being.

That's why I am voting yes, and the majority will also, your side of the argument can not be made without name calling and demeaning your fellow employees.

Did you read the last sentence in that link I provided?
Strike authorization was for both small pack and freight. Small pack hosed themselves by not getting the required percentage to vote the contract down. The loophole in the constitution null and voided the no vote all because of the low voter turn out. They got force ratified and cried foul. They have to accept that and learn to all vote. (E-ballots were so easy too)
That’s what they want to do with us, low voter turnout, invoke that loophole and we are force ratified.
However if by chance we blow this contract revision out of the water with the required percentage of no votes, be prepared to either
Strike or see UPS want a quicker than normal resolution.
UPS is purging the freight so their essentially won’t be any work for most of us regardless of a strike or not. They certainly won’t close the door permanently either. “Customers demands” rule UPS and they want the freight bundle or they walk to the other small pack carrier for their bundle.

We are standing on our own if it comes to that.
With That variable away, it would have been great to have our big brothers put us in a position to strike with greater force but again, they hosed themselves by not voting.

Thanks for your point of view. It’s exactly why people have to fold and cave in. Personal and financial reasons, I get that and support it too.
I would have done the same thing the last contract because of lack of preparation, I have prepared myself financially and have my slush fund in place now.

We are all on here to voice our opinions. You vote yes so be it, I vote no so be it, we all will agree to disagree.
IMO, I’m voting with my conscience and Voting No because it truly is a crap contract.

You'd be wrong.

As it has been it the past, there is a very vocal minority that bangs the drums of vote no and strike, it always comes with insults to those who disagree with them.
In the end the silent majority will vote for ratification. Just as they did in 2013.
Then so be it. I don’t have ‘an equine in the competitive sporting event’...I’m a retired 25-year Teamster and know full well the ugliness of contract negotiations. And that ‘banging the drum’ thing is a two-way street.

Strike authorization was for both small pack and freight. Small pack hosed themselves by not getting the required percentage to vote the contract down. The loophole in the constitution null and voided the no vote all because of the low voter turn out. They got force ratified and cried foul. They have to accept that and learn to all vote. (E-ballots were so easy too)
That’s what they want to do with us, low voter turnout, invoke that loophole and we are force ratified.
However if by chance we blow this contract revision out of the water with the required percentage of no votes, be prepared to either
UPS is purging the freight so their essentially won’t be any work for most of us regardless of a strike or not. They certainly won’t close the door permanently either. “Customers demands” rule UPS and they want the freight bundle or they walk to the other small pack carrier for their bundle.

With That variable away, it would have been great to have our big brothers put us in a position to strike with greater force but again, they hosed themselves by not voting.

Thanks for your point of view. It’s exactly why people have to fold and cave in. Personal and financial reasons, I get that and support it too.
I would have done the same thing the last contract because of lack of preparation, I have prepared myself financially and have my slush fund in place now.

We are all on here to voice our opinions. You vote yes so be it, I vote no so be it, we all will agree to disagree.
IMO, I’m voting with my conscience and Voting No because it truly is a crap contract.

Just think how you can spend your savings when the contract passes.

The last story line is Freight will resume when contract is passed. It will be the same contract that is being offered today. Everyone will lose wages and many will lose their jobs. It was determined last night finally; that UPS freight drivers have a higher total financial compensation than FEDEX freight, wages, pension and health care. Wow, not sure why you are being so self destructive.

So it’s basically telling customers that UPS Freight is NOT closing forever.
I agree with the total benefits compensation compared with FedEx Freight and other LTL competitors, I’ve already seen the numbers.
It’s not always about the money as well.

It’s not about being self destructive it’s much deeper than an hourly wage or the total benefits compensation. Their is language in the contract that is still gray that never got on the table, the negotiating process of “we will discuss this but not that”.

Before we even vote. Many already lost jobs or will soon lose jobs because of the freight purging, a bunch of us are on notice that it will be very slow and work not available until freight levels start to rebound.
I’m just hoping we get those customers back and they don’t hold off until the new year.

Regardless of the outcome I support that we all should vote this time.

No one should be twisting anyone’s arms here and should definitely not be bullying or insulting one another due to their voting beliefs. The “how’s and why” of how they vote is all personal to each other.
Some have financial obligations, some are ahead of their financial situations, some financially comfortable, some have battle funds ready, some care, some don’t care.
We voice our opinions and just agree to disagree. Please no insults, let your brothers speak their opinions and vote their conscience with no retaliation from us.

We just need to get out and vote.

It sure as hell is a crap contract. I’m voting NO as well. And I have had many many newer employees tell me that they are voting NO as well. Good luck!