TForce | UPS Freight News

UPS loves to keep OLD equipment running and running and running and running. You wont see any more new trucks than what you have been seeing over the years with "O"

falcon465 said:
Any new news going on with the upcoming rollout!!!!!! All news is hopefully good news. Let's keep everyone up to date)
HAVE'NT even seen anything new,or newly painted,still see pups with 'o' emblem off,nothing back on in it's place,we're the a..hole of the country/company,all we ever get up here is sh..t/junk,and our terminal is a rathole not fit for a rat,or cockroach.:biglaugh:
we were included in LEO'S VISION STATEMENT I see:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I asked my TM if anything was being changed with the vacation/sick benefits......guess we won't get any of those good UPS weeks off......I'd like if they'd just change the sick week to.....casual sick time that way you don't have to have time off before you use your sick time...makes more since if you are sick for a day or two to use sick time rather than vacation time....

I hate this part as well, but, supposedly, it keeps people from taking that day off because it is sunny. But what it does is make some people take the whole week off to get the three days paid.
As for the rollout, well, monday is a new day, same job, just different colors.

hugnlug said:
Are these city cabs or road cabs?

They are "open cabs".
They have no windows or doors just a ROPS
(Roll Over Protection System).
This will make it easier to enter and exit the vechile during pick ups and deliveries.

Teamster251 said:
They are "open cabs".
They have no windows or doors just a ROPS
(Roll Over Protection System).
This will make it easier to enter and exit the vechile during pick ups and deliveries.
Kinda like a BFI trash truck-all open because of ROPS. Only fitting though. I just saw the new UPSF commercial. "If you're on the map, UPSF will ship your crap!!" :biglaugh:

hugnlug said:
Kinda like a BFI trash truck-all open because of ROPS. Only fitting though. I just saw the new UPSF commercial. "If you're on the map, UPSF will ship your crap!!"
if I did'nt know any better,and took a look at our inbound trailers,I would have thought that either bfi,or waste management bought us out,looks like the back of a garbage truck blew up,sh.t freight rammed in any old way,garbage freight like bed,bath,beyond all over the place,just damn awful:duh: then they really could say,'if your on the map,we'll ship your crap.:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: right ,huggy!

I agree.....plus now we are hauling all of the junk that is too big for UPS. Packages that are too big for them to break.....so we break them...

falcon465 said:
I agree.....plus now we are hauling all of the junk that is too big for UPS. Packages that are too big for them to break.....so we break them...
Yeah your right about that. I'm proud as punch when I show up at a house with the china cabinet in nineteen thousand pieces of glass. You just don't see that kind of superior service from anyone else. And a friendly but comforting reassurance that I'll be back with their replacement piece in a few weeks really brings a tear to there eyes. Yup, gives me a warm happy glow inside. :cool:

That's what really needs to change about our company......we jam the pups so full at night to get load average up........and in return we bring the exception average up..... I think UPS is going to have to reconsider the way we do business if they want us to be "Best in Class"...

falcon465 said:
That's what really needs to change about our company......we jam the pups so full at night to get load average up........and in return we bring the exception average up..... I think UPS is going to have to reconsider the way we do business if they want us to be "Best in Class"...

But you guy's/girls look so nice in mint green and brown.:biglaugh:

falcon465 said:
Next time you see a Roadway or R&L shipment, check it out. Not too much abuse. Deck trailers are the key. Along with dunnage and lots of load bars.