TForce | UPS Freight News

Johnnybegood said:
Gutless that is a laugh i have a newer International and i can not stay with the newer Volvos.I really doubt any of the Internationals will ever get painted.:cool:
Its all about the ride, Junk those school buses!

steve5 said:
They might have brought it down here for the truck rodeo this weekend that I just found out about. Besides whos ever truck it is should be glad mgmt did not let it go out into the city 'cause they might have got it back on a flatbed.

True True!!!!!!!!!

I'm seeing all our single axle fords going away...

I had a ford without power steering for 3 years,than was assigned a ford with power steering,now I have a 95' volvo with a road ranger tranny the #1800 series.
It only has just over 970,000 miles,its still a good city tractor.
I hope I can hang onto it for a few more years.
Although our UPS Freight vehical repair technician tells me not to fall in love with it because the company is slowly getting rid of them.

Well thats life,I hope my next tractor is a good as this one.

I don't get it?
When I first hired on with Overnite we had the big second story flat back Mack twin screws with 1 million,& 1/2 miles as city tractors it seemed like a long time before they went away?

So with that in mind a tractor such as mine with only 970,000 miles on it is nothing,it should be good as a city unit for another 4,or 5 years.

Don't you all agree with that?

Agree.
And UPS is slow to crush anything. Just look how long we kept those cab over MACKS. I still see a couple of cab over Internationals running the roads, where as most have been giving "yard duty" which is one step away from the crusher.
But with the drastic increase in volume, we are having to use the old till the new arrive just to weed out the rentals

I was told by a regular UPS driver you can't buy old UPS..

trucks.
They retire all of their equipment to be parted out with whatever good parts they can get from them.
than they scrap whats left.
The package vans get rebuilt unto they aren't road worthy,than they part,and finaly scrap whats left.
They never sell any of their used stuff.

I guess they haven't grown their business by not being able to sqeeze what they can out of their investments.

Apostolic said:
trucks.
They retire all of their equipment to be parted out with whatever good parts they can get from them.
than they scrap whats left.
The package vans get rebuilt unto they aren't road worthy,than they part,and finaly scrap whats left.
They never sell any of their used stuff.

I guess they haven't grown their business by not being able to sqeeze what they can out of their investments.
I was told the same thing. What parts cant be used get shred up into little pieces and they don't sell anything. There are plenty of old Overnite trailers in my area being used as storage trailers. They will remind me of a lot of memories from over the years for sure.