TForce | UPS Freight Union Vote

mud-flap said:
I vote union YES I believed in my company the last time teamsters came to my terminal and I even flew to other terminals to cross teamster lines in KAN,MEM,MIN and APP. all for my company ,,the company that turned on all of us the day after the teamsters left. then it realy started in the past few months. I vote yes( OVNT ) UPS freight managment will only get worse,, our TM even blamed us dock workers for the drop in freight. sooo we have about 350 dock workers so send me some cards ...
Go to your union hall tell them you work for upsf, and you want to sign a card ..get some for your other brothers and sisters get them signed you only need 50% plus 1 get hooked up..:bgroovy: the cards are good for 1 year...DO IT MAN

yeah here is the thing,,,, at my terminal ,,to bring cards to sign my managment will fire me ,, many dock workers are on final warning and when they see a teamster card they will RUN.. no,, i do not see this happening managment has used stong arm tactics and used FEAR on the dock ,, the TM's mid - day rants and other managment strong arming dock workers in his office ,,so many write-ups the hate between dock and managment you can feel it.

mud-flap said:
yeah here is the thing,,,, at my terminal ,,to bring cards to sign my managment will fire me ,, many dock workers are on final warning and when they see a teamster card they will RUN.. no,, i do not see this happening managment has used stong arm tactics and used FEAR on the dock ,, the TM's mid - day rants and other managment strong arming dock workers in his office ,,so many write-ups the hate between dock and managment you can feel it.

Don't bring cards to the job. Go to your local hall and sign cards there. Those on the dock that are being threatened, let them go to the hall as well to sign cards.

i belive they dont want us to go union is that ups contrack is up in 2008 thats why they bought a nounion company. So if ups gos on strick well u no the rest.................

I couldn't help but to notice that there are 49 votes at the top and only now 28 posts in this thread. And there is a lot of posts from NON-UPGF employees as well.

Until I see that each vote is matched with a name/post of an UPGF employee. this poll is very flawed.

Animo916 said:
Don't bring cards to the job. Go to your local hall and sign cards there. Those on the dock that are being threatened, let them go to the hall as well to sign cards.
While your at it, when you get to the local union hall, tell the union hall your being harrassed about it.

Silverhawk1 said:
I couldn't help but to notice that there are 49 votes at the top and only now 28 posts in this thread. And there is a lot of posts from NON-UPGF employees as well.

Until I see that each vote is matched with a name/post of an UPGF employee. this poll is very flawed.
Silverhawk,

Granted there are some votes cast both for and against, by non UPSF members, I still agree on the simple fact that even if all the cast votes were by UPSF members, 100 people for example, will not correctly show the true feeling of 14,000people. The only true and real way to tell if the employees want to be union or not is to take part in a legitamte card check. You can vote for or against on a card check.

Silverhawk1 said:

UnionsComin Comin real soon

S'Hawk1; It's just like the last time they tried to get in. They will use anyone they can. Retired persons, folks from other companies, even homeless people to TRY to make a point. Ignore the folks and their talk. If they say we will have this & that, ask for it in writing. You won't get it. They know all the promises are B.S. They can't promise anything. It's all goes into negotiation. What they tell us is nothing short of propaganda.

HEAVY-METAL said:
S'Hawk1; It's just like the last time they tried to get in. They will use anyone they can. Retired persons, folks from other companies, even homeless people to TRY to make a point. Ignore the folks and their talk. If they say we will have this & that, ask for it in writing. You won't get it. They know all the promises are B.S. They can't promise anything. It's all goes into negotiation. What they tell us is nothing short of propaganda.

I was with you until you mentioned homeless people. Now because of that remark I can only regret by saying that your whole post sounds like propaganda.

It's nowhere near like the last time.
First of all, there are no picket lines in front of any O/UPSF terminals.
Second, you are now owned by a union friendly corporation.
Thirdly, no one has promised you anything. All we have done is offered advice and FACTS based on what we have in real world situations. We say that based upon experience, you should be able to get exactly what every other unionized LTL carrier's employees get. Could you get better or worse, possibly, but I doubt it.

You are correct about negotiating, however, once negotiations are settled and everyone is happy, you will have everything in writing. What do you have now? Just rules and policy, decided, written, changeable at any time and forced upon you by the company with no one to defend you if it is unfair.

Animo916 said:
I was with you until you mentioned homeless people. Now because of that remark I can only regret by saying that your whole post sounds like propaganda.

It's nowhere near like the last time.
First of all, there are no picket lines in front of any O/UPSF terminals.
Second, you are now owned by a union friendly corporation.
Thirdly, no one has promised you anything. All we have done is offered advice and FACTS based on what we have in real world situations. We say that based upon experience, you should be able to get exactly what every other unionized LTL carrier's employees get. Could you get better or worse, possibly, but I doubt it.

You are correct about negotiating, however, once negotiations are settled and everyone is happy, you will have everything in writing. What do you have now? Just rules and policy, decided, written, changeable at any time and forced upon you by the company with no one to defend you if it is unfair.

I have a question... We may work for a union friendly cororation, but truth is we still have Leo Suggs running the show. We are Overnite with UPS freight on the door So if we have to go thru Leo and the boys and all their tactics it is real hard to see the union friendly part. So where does that leave us?

greezy trucker said:
I have a question... We may work for a union friendly cororation, but truth is we still have Leo Suggs running the show. We are Overnite with UPS freight on the door So if we have to go thru Leo and the boys and all their tactics it is real hard to see the union friendly part. So where does that leave us?

Sign the cards, get the majority and go over his head. Otherwise, you will still have the same company tactics, with a different name on the door. Going on personal past experience with Leo, all I can say is the more he keeps from you, the more he gets for himself.

Animo916 said:
Sign the cards, get the majority and go over his head. Otherwise, you will still have the same company tactics, with a different name on the door. Going on personal past experience with Leo, all I can say is the more he keeps from you, the more he gets for himself.

Really you mean he doesn't donate to the greater cause? But as the employee, we can..... Man I need to start my own company and try this concept.