TForce | UPS Freight Union Vote

Johnnybegood said:
I will never vote for representaion.....But as i have stated it's not all my call i can only tell you my stance on these subjects......It still takes 50%+1 to win a terminal.We have many Terminals,So good luck.
But if 51% of the terminals vote in the union, guess what? The 49% that don't- become union because majority wins. :bicycle:

Buster... is that any way to persuade DY? I would rather comment on the many positive reasons there are for him (and Skeeter, glad etc.) to realize whats best.

wassesname said:
Buster... is that any way to persuade DY? I would rather comment on the many positive reasons there are for him (and Skeeter, glad etc.) to realize whats best.
I don't think that I was trying to persuade anyone one way or the other. just to wait for the facts to come out before having their minds made up. As far as DY, I don't know what to think, We have been back and forth for some time.

Skeeter said:
Better think long and hard about that "YES" vote. I would vote yes only if we will not be apart of the Master Freight.

Yes only if we can be a part of UPS. That will be our strength. Until the day the LTL and UPS all got out together.

I know don't give me one is parcel and one LTL. Then we need to be a part of the parcel so we can stand together on the picket line.

Remember LTL does not and will not stand on the picket line with UPS. They will not all strike together.

With the large nonunion LTL the teamsters don't stand much of a chance lasting in a strike. That is what the nounion companies have been putting in place for years.

So you better think long and hard which way you want to go union.

You are LTL not parce? How do you think you could get on a parcel contact?
I don't think you would even like the ups contract!
I am not slamming UPS but there contract dosn't have many milage runs only 20% or something like that the rest is hourly. I don't like UPS grievence board either. Only the millage guys get there sets hooked.
I used to work for UPS. I like the national master freight agreement to me the language is better. My opinion

Don`t really know, but it seems UPSF will/should be tied close to the Parcel Brothers simply because we operate under the common UPS logo.Do believe operation(s) wise it would benefit the company of whom we all get our paycheck from to bring the Parcel & freight segments together to form a company of sycronized strenght coupled together with the air segment it should be a fantastic future for all........

12pack said:
You are LTL not parce? How do you think you could get on a parcel contact?
I don't think you would even like the ups contract!
I am not slamming UPS but there contract dosn't have many milage runs only 20% or something like that the rest is hourly. I don't like UPS grievence board either. Only the millage guys get there sets hooked.
I used to work for UPS. I like the national master freight agreement to me the language is better. My opinion
Yes, if line haul was paid the same amount by the hour like the parcel contract, Most would lose money. LtL is the way to go.

BusterNite said:
Yes, if line haul was paid the same amount by the hour like the parcel contract, Most would lose money. LtL is the way to go.
On those runs you have to remember they are time scheduled and you get 11 hours or so a day to do your run, so you get many hours of OT. My run would actually pay $25 more a day on an hourly basis.

564 miles x 05173= 291.75
1.5 drop&hook x 21=31.5
1.5 dock x 21= 31.5
total = 354.75

If it was hourly and they increased our hourly to say $25 an hour I would make more.

8 x 25= 200
5 x 37.5= 187.5
total 387.5

And also there would be no gap in being paid from the start of my day to the end.

Not complaining its just that the amount of OT is not considered when hourly is talked about.....

Long days said:
Don`t really know, but it seems UPSF will/should be tied close to the Parcel Brothers simply because we operate under the common UPS logo.Do believe operation(s) wise it would benefit the company of whom we all get our paycheck from to bring the Parcel & freight segments together to form a company of sycronized strenght coupled together with the air segment it should be a fantastic future for all........

First of all, to allow all three entities to merge together, will be a big loss for UPS, this will not happen. The actual costs behind such a thought would be great, to great , and alot of error.Being a business owner I can honestly say that I would keep seperate entities, for the simple fact if one goies under, the rest will not follow. I do not think you will ever see that!!!.:bicycle:

greezy trucker said:
On those runs you have to remember they are time scheduled and you get 11 hours or so a day to do your run, so you get many hours of OT. My run would actually pay $25 more a day on an hourly basis.

564 miles x 05173= 291.75
1.5 drop&hook x 21=31.5
1.5 dock x 21= 31.5
total = 354.75

If it was hourly and they increased our hourly to say $25 an hour I would make more.

8 x 25= 200
5 x 37.5= 187.5
total 387.5

And also there would be no gap in being paid from the start of my day to the end.

Not complaining its just that the amount of OT is not considered when hourly is talked about.....
Are you saying if you were to have in a contract an 11 hour bid and it took you only 10 hours to do, That you would be paid for 11 hours. Im not sure that I understand what you are saying. I have a 500 mile bid per night. I can do this in 9 hours comfortable. plus drop & hooks& fuel= $289.00 per night.
If hourly with one hour overtime at 8 hrs + 1 time and half at $27.00 per hour=$283.50 Am I thinking on the same lines as you. If so you can see that the milage rate pays more. In turn you would be working longer hours for less money if I figured this right?

BusterNite said:
Are you saying if you were to have in a contract an 11 hour bid and it took you only 10 hours to do, That you would be paid for 11 hours. Im not sure that I understand what you are saying. I have a 500 mile bid per night. I can do this in 9 hours comfortable. plus drop & hooks& fuel= $289.00 per night.
If hourly with one hour overtime at 8 hrs + 1 time and half at $27.00 per hour=$283.50 Am I thinking on the same lines as you. If so you can see that the milage rate pays more. In turn you would be working longer hours for less money if I figured this right?
hourly linehaul would be much better.you would have a start time and end time. no need to speed and make mistakes. take your time and drive very safely. Also when it snows or there is traffic or a wreck that you have to sit and wait in traffic for because they closed the road down. you still get paid and the rest of the drivers on the road don't .

How long before all of your wishes are in writing,and excepted by UPS?

You can wish for anything,but UPS isn't going to just hand it over to you.

This isn't Disney Land, we'er living in the real world,of poor economic gains in America at this ponit in time,my friend.

woodnnn said:
hourly linehaul would be much better.you would have a start time and end time. no need to speed and make mistakes. take your time and drive very safely. Also when it snows or there is traffic or a wreck that you have to sit and wait in traffic for because they closed the road down. you still get paid and the rest of the drivers on the road don't .
Well, I do take my time and drive safe, Over 2 million miles accident free 28 years not one violation or speeding ticket. Now, besides that I would have to see what the hourly rate would consist of and what the start and end time would be to determine if this would pay more than milage. The numbers I keep running which are only estimates, still show me that milage pays more. Except for the times on the road that you would have excesive delays.

woodnnn said:

Not trying to :stirthepot: But fxfe gets weather delay and if the road gets shut down because of an accident or whatever we go on the clock.:wink1:

Everybody,

Why don't you guys Sh*t in one hand and wish in the other and see which one comes first. My vote is no, and will always be NO!

Pompano said:
Not trying to :stirthepot: But fxfe gets weather delay and if the road gets shut down because of an accident or whatever we go on the clock.:wink1:
Same in the union, had guys sit on the road and hotel for 26hrs last yr, or maybe the year before. Paid all time expense's, and I THINK OT, could be wrong on the ot after 8, But I think so. Gotta ask my buddy.