TForce | UPSF Pups?

haven't seen them yet. besides that, here's a more pressing question : OVNT. runs their frt. with alot of subcontractors in my area. will the same cartage co. be allowed to pull UPSF trailers ? not sure what goes on in other parts of the country but i know that's usually a no-no when it comes to union co.'s over here but then again UPSF aint union so im curious.

UnionTrucka said:
haven't seen them yet. besides that, here's a more pressing question : OVNT. runs their frt. with alot of subcontractors in my area. will the same cartage co. be allowed to pull UPSF trailers ? not sure what goes on in other parts of the country but i know that's usually a no-no when it comes to union co.'s over here but then again UPSF aint union so im curious.

UPS has always been very particualr about letting anyone pull their equiptment. (except during peak). That one of the reasons why their pups are not interchangeable with other companies. You can't pull a UPS pup without a UPS dolly unless of course you are pulling it single

Teamster251 said:
UPS has always been very particualr about letting anyone pull their equiptment. (except during peak). That one of the reasons why their pups are not interchangeable with other companies. You can't pull a UPS pup without a UPS dolly unless of course you are pulling it single

i agree and i have never seen any other co. other than UPS pull their trailers. as of now, OVNT doesn't deliver their frt. in the 5 boros of NY, subcontractors do it. im assuming there's a contract involved so does UPS abide by it or buy their way out of it ? or does UPS leave the some of the old OVNT trailers as is until the contract runs out ??

Boats said:
Any body seen any of the new pups? With UPS Freight on the side.

I seen a picture of one. It has the UPS logo and UPS Freight in large letters all the way down the side of the trailer.

Looks pretty good.

No sign of UPSF???

Today, for the first time, I saw an Overnite Tractor Trailer in the area I live. It was clearly marked with Overnite decals and NO mention of UPSF. Curious? The nearest Overnite Terminal to here is 90 miles away.

It will take years to get them all changed over. Just remember Overnite and Motor Cargo are out of business. Check out www.overnite.com

Also they didn't get enough decals in time for the 1st. So it will be changed over this month.

Drake said:
Today, for the first time, I saw an Overnite Tractor Trailer in the area I live. It was clearly marked with Overnite decals and NO mention of UPSF. Curious? The nearest Overnite Terminal to here is 90 miles away.
My stem time from my last stop of the day can be as far as 1.5 hours away from the barn. I average 200+ miles a day. Once I'm in my core area, I'm lucky if I do 20 miles. Our barn does not have the UPSF stickers for the "O" equipment yet. We have an outside partime repair vendor too. So I think I heard he will have a month to logo the trucks. Given time, UPSF will have terminals everywhere. So there will plenty of direct saturated coverage.

UnionTrucka said:
You must be talking about truck-rite or dump-rite. I used to run over there all the time. UPS was already checking out there operation last yr. I don't claim to know everything but when that contract is up. I can see UPS buying a facility in the 5 boro's. They trash the hell out of the equipment and freight.

Boats said:
You must be talking about truck-rite or dump-rite. I used to run over there all the time. UPS was already checking out there operation last yr. I don't claim to know everything but when that contract is up. I can see UPS buying a facility in the 5 boro's. They trash the hell out of the equipment and freight.

aahhh, you know the place well, lol. it's mainly rookies and ex-cons who work there. guys who don't give an f**k about anything. Estes & R&L take their frt. there as well. UPS buying a facility does makes sense.

Boats said:
Any body seen any of the new pups? With UPS Freight on the side.
HAVE'NT SEEN ANY UPSF EQUIPMENT UP MY WAY,WAS TOLD BY t/m at morning launch day breakfast that by end of may,all equipment has to have UPSF DECALS/PLACARDS ON EM AT EVERY TERMINAL IN THE SYSTEM,NO EXCEPTIONS! :order: :order: :order: :order:

BUTTONMAN74 said:
HAVE'NT SEEN ANY UPSF EQUIPMENT UP MY WAY,WAS TOLD BY t/m at morning launch day breakfast that by end of may,all equipment has to have UPSF DECALS/PLACARDS ON EM AT EVERY TERMINAL IN THE SYSTEM,NO EXCEPTIONS! :order: :order: :order: :order:
I guess the OL' MC was loved more. Every tractor I have seen has got the ol' duct tape sign on the door. Looks good white and blue truck and a grey duct tape lookin sign. Sad to see the blue balls go.

Just wanted to drag up something old to see if anyone would play along........GOD please get rid of this old ratty euipment and make us look like a real freight company....One name would be nice too.......

The contract was just renewed last month for another 5 years. they do pull ups pups.

On the east coast the old trlrs are seeming to go away. The newer great dane trlrs are getting painted and I'm seeing more new trlrs by the day.

On the east coast the old trlrs are seeming to go away. The newer great dane trlrs are getting painted and I'm seeing more new trlrs by the day.

Hey falcon, could you send some this way. On a good day we might have 2 or 3 in the yard out of 50. Sadly though, even the new stuff is starting to be abused and not maintained. Same old, same old.