TForce | UPSF Pups?

I'm seeing a lot of Motor Cargo pups coming into my terminal lately.
Right now we've got half Overnite,2,or 3 UPS Freight the rest MC pups.
I like the MC trailers because they don't have the nose poles.
The axles are back about a foot more toward the tail.

I think our company is the last LTL that still uses these stupid nose poles.
I don't get it?
Overnite has owned Motor Cargo long enough to see that they could of set up all of their new UPS Freight trailers to leave the nose poles off.
GO FIGURE?

I didn't know Estes had pups?
They run Rochester out of Buffalo,and Syracuse,all the drivers I see in this area have vans.
Since they've been delivering around this area I've never saw any pups.

I was going to show you a picture of the Estes pups but it won't work. I would give you a link to the pictures but I don't want to get myself into trouble here.

Here you go steve

estes-int-8100-tandem.jpg

Is it just me or has there been alot new trailers coming into our system? I noticed that by the numbers there are around 1600 new trailers, I think. Is that not enough to bury these old junky ones?????

Where are the trucks?

Where are the dollies? Greaseless please........Not being nasty there just a question........

UPS has always been very particualr about letting anyone pull their equiptment. (except during peak). That one of the reasons why their pups are not interchangeable with other companies. You can't pull a UPS pup without a UPS dolly unless of course you are pulling it single

I pulled it in a set before one UPSF and one UPS pup. :biglaugh:

This week alone I've seen the smooth sided 28 and 26 series strick pups with the old "O" emblems taken off. I looked at them and they seemed to have no dents or patches on them anywhere. I wonder if the older trailers are being prepped for the new battleship gray and acorns?

I was making a delivery to a pet supply warehouse on my route.
There are three or four regular UPS parcel 45,and 48 foot trailers spotted at the shipping end of this building.
So the other day when I was waiting for the receiving to open up after lunch.
I compared my new 48 foot UPS Freight trailer to the Parcel vans.

The only difference I see is my trailer has the word Freight after the UPS brand.

So UPS must of made a big volume van trailer purchase,and threw a few to the heavy freight division.

I know with most purchases that the unit price is cheaper when you can by in lots.

Like one unit is at a highier price than buying a whole bunch at once.

We all know UPS didn't get as big as they are not knowing how to spend their money.

Is it just me or has there been alot new trailers coming into our system? I noticed that by the numbers there are around 1600 new trailers, I think. Is that not enough to bury these old junky ones?????

Where are the trucks?

Where are the dollies? Greaseless please........Not being nasty there just a question........

Sorry honey...From what I understand we will be seeing alot more of these new and painted trailers, and new dollies, and new and painted tractors, this year, how many who knows, everything we do lately is pretty vauge.

Look for more galvanized dollies coming into mthe system and composite roll up doors. Plastic doors that never need painting and don't absorb water.

Look for more galvanized dollies coming into mthe system and composite roll up doors. Plastic doors that never need painting and don't absorb water.

I bet the composite doors will break easy in the cold, if they are anything like the composite lining the bottom of the new trailers that is. They call it neoprene I think...

I bet the composite doors will break easy in the cold, if they are anything like the composite lining the bottom of the new trailers that is. They call it neoprene I think...
I'm sure we will give it the stress test. It has to be time tested too. If it doesn't break, we won't buy it. We're too cheap to spend the money on good stuff. Everything has to look like it is 20 years old.