Holland | Usf Holland C.o.o

If so Stldude44, then I think we will survive.
If not then watch out.
:1036316054:
It's out. I was talking to my BA today kidding him about how many guys must be calling him with 4 new COOs out as of today....he said...not 4....5...Hollands just showed up....I guess we'll hear all about this soon.

Not Major ?? Depends on which side of the fence you're sitting I guess. .....

The sad fact of the matter is we have very little control or say in this matter and are just along for the ride. :smilie_132:

Hey don't get me wrong, I don't think any of this is "OK". But they were saying that the other yrc companies would have a coo and that Holland would have a "major" coo. The other companies are getting UE drivers so there must be something more in store for us.
Thats all I am saying.
And I do think it's going to be a ride.

I just did a search on google for usf holland shoe board. It is a private message board for usf holland teamsters. You have to register to be able to use site. The address is shoeboard33.com. First I have heard of this site.

Affected Terminals

Holland's COO should be at the affected Locals now.

I am not gripping at you, however I would lile to point out that every Road Driver is affected. Even if a terminal is not on the list to get any UE's, EVERY Road Driver will be affected because we go to all terminals in the system.

i believe that maybe this post should have been titled "SUPER HUGE AMAZING BANZAI ANNOUNCEMENT"

No, more like "just some other rumor someone is trying to push about USF Holland and New Penn"

I have a printed form of the document in front of me titled "USF Holland Utility Employee Change of Operations, May 2008". Received from a B.A. It is 20 pages long, I don't know if this is the complete document or not. They want to implement this no sooner than May 26, 2008. I will not quote from it but give a few FACTS from it. First, they are going to establish 12 what they call "next day sort centers" in YT-BU-HA-AT-CN-KC-DS-OW-RI-RD-NA-SL. Of these 12, 3 will also be "two day sort centers": RD-NA-SL. They will place (a net gain of) 189 Utility Employees in 47 facilities (none in Michigan, Georgia, I don't know about the other areas) and not all of the sorting centers will have utility employees-these ones out of the twelve will NOT: YT-BU-HA-AT-CN. I'm not going to list all 47 facilities that will have UE's, I don't know all the two letter identifiers, nor have the time. Don't bother asking me any further questions, I probably won't even come back. I pretty much gave up on this site after all the back and forth with the NMFA and the rumormongers. This was just too big to ignore and I thought a few might appreciate some FACTS instead of the usual speculation and rumors. Now, some commentary. First, by the wording in the proposal, they have every intention of utilizing this with business USF presently handles-A CLEAR VIOLATION OF THE UTILITY DRIVER SECTION IN THE NMFA, as well as future business. Of course Zollars made that clear before the contract was ever ratified. Second, a question: what has made us unique among trucking companies so that our overnight service and near claim free freight have been the envy of many? DIRECT TERMINAL TO TERMINAL FREIGHT MOVEMENT!!!! Yes, I'm flaming big time. This is a big step BACKWARD for our system. They are "Yellowizing" us even more. Hub and spoke system for our way of doing freight(or at least what it used to be)? NO NO NO!!!! As far as I'm concerned, this is just another step towards us becoming Yellow Freight, or toward our demise. Certainly another big nail in the coffin for USF Holland as we knew it. We can't maintain the same service our customers are(were) used to by doing it this way. What a bunch of inefficient crap! I am totally astounded at the steps they keep taking to lead us to ruin.