FedEx Freight | Vancouver Center closing?

Don't get pissy with me rat. We that are against the union have been saying this from day one. The company is fighting back and you don't like it. I'm sure the teamsters told those workers that this could never happen. :mad: Looks like it happened. IMHO

Questioning the reliability of your facts, is now defined as getting pissy? Oh, the drama... When did anyone say what could or couldn't happen in CANADA. I don't have time to investigate Canadian labor law.

If true, what does that say about your beloved FedEx?

Well, it is true ... That is the nature of the social beast, you hear it before you see a press release on AP.

Notice that I didn't say it wasn't true, just that I was waiting for confirmation. Pardon me if I sound skeptical. I've investigated statements by some (assman in particular), that turned out to be either partially or totally false.

According to the press release those 100 terminals were closed due to freight volumes. And none of them were union. Looks like it was fedex who gave those workers the shaft.

YRC-ATM how do you even have a say in what FEDEX is doing or not doing. You work for the worst LTL in the history of the modern world. How do even know what is going on in the real world. I could buy 1 share of stock at FEDEX and own YRC in a matter of weeks.

Eph here.... we are still very busy. nothing has changed since the vote except they growl when they walk by you but say nothing.

Well,do you really think the caption would read " closed because of union activity"? Not saying it is or isn't but it wouldn't read that way. .

Actually, the story was sent out to leadership and to HR. Should be announced in the next few days. It only affected 8 dockworkers I believe.

Actually, the story was sent out to leadership and to HR. Should be announced in the next few days. It only affected 8 dockworkers I believe.

So management is posting unannounced information on the fb page. Good to know. Thanks.....

So if the East Coast goes Union, do you think they can with any credibility say freight volumes have fallen far enough to shut down the East Coast?
Seriously?

According to the press release those 100 terminals were closed due to freight volumes. And none of them were union. Looks like it was fedex who gave those workers the shaft.
Maybe fedex should have left them open and rivaled YRC with overlap and excessive equipment personnel.

Guardrail

Maybe fedex should have left them open and rivaled YRC with overlap and excessive equipment personnel.

Guardrail
No they should not have left them open. Thats the point. They closed those terminals because they were not needed. The freight level dictated closing them just like in Vancouver. Thanks for agreeing with me.

YRC-ATM how do you even have a say in what FEDEX is doing or not doing. You work for the worst LTL in the history of the modern world. How do even know what is going on in the real world. I could buy 1 share of stock at FEDEX and own YRC in a matter of weeks.

Then why dont you own it? I would explain it to you ass, but I cant draw you pictures with crayons on this forum. Your lack of reading comprehension is a problem you need to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
No they should not have left them open. Thats the point. They closed those terminals because they were not needed. The freight level dictated closing them just like in Vancouver. Thanks for agreeing with me.
You read too much into things that aren't there.

So, let me get this straight. You're saying that FedEx is being responsible and not acting out of spite? Now you've switched to supporting FedEx's actions? Or is it that they did something that was predicted, that you said wouldn't happen, and you agree with their reasoning because it fits your agenda?

Guardrail

You read too much into things that aren't there.

So, let me get this straight. You're saying that FedEx is being responsible and not acting out of spite? Now you've switched to supporting FedEx's actions? Or is it that they did something that was predicted, that you said wouldn't happen, and you agree with their reasoning because it fits your agenda?

Guardrail
I read exactly what is there. The one's who think they are shutting down a multi-million dollar facility just to spite a few dockworkers, are reading too much into it. Why is it when a company shuts down a facility that is organized its because of the damn union, but when they shutter one that isnt organized its good business sense? If there weren't a union in this terminal that is being closed nobody would be talking about it except to say 'good idea, there was nothing coming out of there anyway'
As for my agenda, I dont have one. I've said numerous times, I dont give a **** one way or another if fedex organizes. I actually dont think they have a chance in hell at doing it. But I will attack the BS when it comes out no matter what side it comes out of.

You all are putting too much stock in a story "leaked" on a Facebook page titled "Keep FedEx union free". I think I'd wait for a more reputable source before arguing the ifs and whys.