FedEx Freight | Vancouver Center closing?

Maybe fedex should have left them open and rivaled YRC with overlap and excessive equipment personnel.

Guardrail

FedEx bought (very profitable) Watkins for the long haul market that never materialized. That, combined with a failing economy AND some seriously flawed management decisions, and incoherent sales strategies, cost FedEx millions in losses. By the time those terminals were closed, it was vital to cut the losses. In the end, after much trial and error, the combining of both under one house was the only way. Thus the economy/priority concept was born.

FedEx bought (very profitable) Watkins for the long haul market that never materialized. That, combined with a failing economy AND some seriously flawed management decisions, and incoherent sales strategies, cost FedEx millions in losses. By the time those terminals were closed, it was vital to cut the losses. In the end, after much trial and error, the combining of both under one house was the only way. Thus the economy/priority concept was born.

We were told Fedex bought them for their Canada and Mexico presence...

We were told Fedex bought them for their Canada and Mexico presence...

FedEx told the Watkins people that NOTHING would change. At least there was an element of truth in what they told you. If the main purpose was Canada/Mexico, then they grossly overpaid, making that spin a little unbelievable.

FedEx told the Watkins people that NOTHING would change. At least there was an element of truth in what they told you. If the main purpose was Canada/Mexico, then they grossly overpaid, making that spin a little unbelievable.

Yea I know... back when fedex bought AF we were also told nothing would change and also the name would stay as AF then they put AF a fedex company on everything and then completely changed it

..... Thus the economy/priority concept was born.

Just to go off topic a little here.

As a side note from our annual 2014 report Economy freight earns $34.44 more then Priority on average per shipment. We get it there slower and make more money. Hmmm. Looks like PT is really paying off.

You read too much into things that aren't there.

So, let me get this straight. You're saying that FedEx is being responsible and not acting out of spite? Now you've switched to supporting FedEx's actions? Or is it that they did something that was predicted, that you said wouldn't happen, and you agree with their reasoning because it fits your agenda?

Guardrail

Spin Spin Spin, you make no sense!!!

Did anyone else notice in the text box at the bottom of the screen shot it says "reply as keep FedEx ....."?

Just to go off topic a little here.

As a side note from our annual 2014 report Economy freight earns $34.44 more then Priority on average per shipment. We get it there slower and make more money. Hmmm. Looks like PT is really paying off.

Nothing to do with PT ... This is revenue per shipment, not profit. And you might want to look at weight per shipment and length of haul for econ and prty before you make baseless statements founded on apples to chimpanzee comparisons.

Get an education ...

It will be announced in the next couple days.... Along with Bill Logue retiring at the end of the year too.

If you agree FedEx was supposed to close those 100 terminals because of low freight volumes, why do you consider it "giving the workers the shaft"?
I was using the words of who I responded to. Try to follow along.

If you agree FedEx was supposed to close those 100 terminals because of low freight volumes, why do you consider it "giving the workers the shaft"?
Stop trying to use logic and reason with him. He's here for the controversy and argument. He already admired that he doesn't think FedEx has a chance of unionizing.

As for my agenda, I dont have one. I've said numerous times, I dont give a **** one way or another if fedex organizes. I actually dont think they have a chance in hell at doing it.

Guardrail

If not mistaken alot of centers were close due to the merger. After merger we went from having all kinds of routes untill fedex started using rail and more purchase. Then came the layoffs good people joined the fedex team trying to better their self only to get layed off because of the rail and purchase. I seen alot of good people get layed off because of this only to see more people hired to replace the ones that got layed off. Fedex hired an outside source to determine how many people we really needed to still make money with the use of less people. How well did that go not to good thats why they had to hire more people and are still trying to hire more people.not only did that back fire they started up with all the new rules [ in which they as of right now threw out the door ] . If anybody on here really thinks that fedex feels sorry for their mistakes and are trying to do better you have lost your mind. Yes they got rid of a few higher ups trying to make it up but rest assure if the union fails :****: Will hit the fan. Good luck all and go union.

Then why dont you own it? I would explain it to you ass, but I cant draw you pictures with crayons on this forum. Your lack of reading comprehension is a problem you need to deal with.

Because its union. I will not own anything that has to do with union. Especially the teamasters.

I was using the words of who I responded to. Try to follow along.

Well then type s-l-o-w-e-r so that I am capable.

Alternatively, use the wonderful "quote" feature on this forum so people know if you are responding to a particular person. Otherwise they look like your words.