Yellow | Velosity and UE COO Starts Tonight

Hey G-man while we here at 120 still starve for freight, what sense does that make. You will like this one, 135 does not have enough drivers for their freight, so our drivers from 120 go to 135 come back 2 and half hours back past 120 to run that freight up the coast as far as they can with the hours they have left. Real smart NOT.:tongue0002::puke:

Hey G-man while we here at 120 still starve for freight, what sense does that make. You will like this one, 135 does not have enough drivers for their freight, so our drivers from 120 go to 135 come back 2 and half hours back past 120 to run that freight up the coast as far as they can with the hours they have left. Real smart NOT.:tongue0002::puke:
it sounds oh so typical.......it looks like this coo was made to put us under:red_bandana:you can't handle more work when you have half the work force laid off......

hope those line loaded trailers actually have more than one skid in it, find it hard to believe they can make money on a trailer that is not loaded with as much freight as you can put in it with the diesel prices of today, we know the carriers that are more popular (ups and fed ex) are trying to run us to the ground and it's a shame that companies that are nonunion work for so little while working so hard with very low job stability and so much harassment, i guess our company will have to find a way to put those companies at a disadvantage to gain freight, we really can't be turned down anymore by customers cause we'll always charge more, we should just say, we'll match any price and deal with it but what do i know if that's a good decision or not cause we get the best wages and benefits in the industry and i'm sure the workers of all the other trucking companies wish they were in our shoes cause believe it or not this company takes care of us very good but we're stuck between a rock and a hard place, can't have both (biggest share of freight in industry AND best wage and benefit package) cause our competition likes to do the same for less, i hope they all go bankrupt cause they run their freight less profitable than we can, pack them high and tight the 120 way and let these customers know that our company pays us much better and that's why your freight will get to you much better, lower paid workers usually do a sloppier job and get more intimidated by a company like ours cause they know we have one of the best health, pension, wage rate, and job security in the industry.....only part that sucks is we keep being bounced around cause the customers we lost don't value quality over quantity, quality work or cheap quantity (price).......those customers we lost sold us out and our salespeople did also cause they didn't try their best to fit their needs i'm sure we'll be sold out more and more as we get the mexican truckers from mexico coming to usa to take our jobs away

Thats fine guys. You select few or more are stuck in your ways and that is just fine. You have the right to have your opinion of whats going on and you choose to have one of those doom and gloom attitudes. Just promise me one thing. Promise me you will come here and post when the unlimited hour cyborg casuals take all of our dock jobs and all 40,000+ or so employees are relegated to driving or unemployment.

One more thing for you guys b*tching about getting a CDL. You work for one of the largest trucking companies in the world, SO LEARN TO DRIVE A DAMN TRUCK AND GET YOUR CDL. Hell even some of our mgt had or still has a cdl. On that note I'm through with this crybaby thread. . . . . . :smilie_132:

First week for the UE service

Most of the UE trailers I've seen have been nearly full. I saw 2 UE drivers swap tractors because of the weight.

I'm interested in seeing how the customers are reacting to the improved service and if it is gaining us more fright and revenue.

I would also like to hear from a UE driver, to get their opinion on how it's going. DS.

I'm noticing a lot of bills on the area that I deliver, a improvement of 1 and sometimes 2 days better than the due date recently.

Only if they accept a driving bid. You still haven't said why you refuse to get a CDL. If you don't want to drive then go somewhere that your seniority will allow you to stay on the dock.[/QUOTE That is not at all true .the guys training to get the cdls here at winston going to tenn. only bid dock but they were told be ready they will be on the highway from day 1 :butt kiss:

long blade is right guys....everybody needs to wake up or this will be the end for all of us.......here @ winston, UE drivers are NOT bringing in NEW, HOT or VELOSITY freight, they are hauling in the same freight we have always handled here.....now instead of 1 guy stripping it and taking it the stackside, it is now handled by 3 or 4 people because they can only unload their trucks and stage the freight right there where they work, THEN you have to have a guy pick all that freight up and run it the stackside, THEN you have a stacker load it. THIS is supposed to be faster and more efficient????? Typical ROADWAY...... not to mention, claims should go through the roof now, with the same piece of freight being handled 3 or 4 times.....Also, being that this is the " new baby" the supervisors have let the rest of the dock operation go right into the shi**er....nobody is doing anything, because nobody knows what to do.....unorganization, freight not getting loaded anywhere on the dock,people standing around, UE running around like ants at a picnic, freight piled to the roof, O/T everyday, not enough forklifts for everyone, on and on and on.......what was this coo designed to do? create bedlam and gridlock? eventually eliminate all our jobs, and replace with UE and casuals? or ultimately drive this company into the ground? I can understand some tweaking is always necessary whenever you launch a new program....however, this coo has been a unionbusting joke designed to eliminate good jobs right from the start..... I would like to know how this is working at other terminals.....let us all know....I find it hard to believe this is ONLY happening @ 671 in Winston-Salem:red_bandana:g-man

Seems to be happening everywhere. The dock at Stroudsburg is filling up now with the velocity freight of others. Strips are coming in from Newburgh and Carlisle that they could not handle. I also have been told that they are talking about sending a dock crew to Newburgh from 120 for a week or two to help clear up the mess.
LOL....The numbers have not made any sense to me from the time I first looked at the change. The velocity routes will shave some hours off the travel time but the only problem is ,it seems to be adding days to closing and strip times.Going to take a while to straighten out all the confusion I have seen.Looks to me like corporate greed has really done a bang up job on engineering this one.

Seems to be happening everywhere. The dock at Stroudsburg is filling up now with the velocity freight of others. Strips are coming in from Newburgh and Carlisle that they could not handle. I also have been told that they are talking about sending a dock crew to Newburgh from 120 for a week or two to help clear up the mess.
LOL....The numbers have not made any sense to me from the time I first looked at the change. The velocity routes will shave some hours off the travel time but the only problem is ,it seems to be adding days to closing and strip times.Going to take a while to straighten out all the confusion I have seen.Looks to me like corporate greed has really done a bang up job on engineering this one.
what a company!!!!!! have been told by management we will route freight around our 3 "Savior Terminals" (newburgh,knoxville and richmond) till further notice.....imagine that? how did the creators of this mess not realize that these 3 small terminals wouldn't be able to handle 1/2 the freight that runs the east coast? have heard the rumors that these terminals are BURIED UNDER FREIGHT......good luck tweaking this one engineers:tongue0002::red_bandana:g-man

if i was fed ex or ups i'd be laughing a lot right now cause they know we just dug a hole and we'll be in it shortly, so much for the velocity freight, one damaged one late, oh well good luck upper mgmt for making yourselves noticed for change in the company, hope yous get paid 14 hr like the casuals cause they do about the same quality of work as yous do

I'm noticing a lot of bills on the area that I deliver, a improvement of 1 and sometimes 2 days better than the due date recently.
Hey hilo............I'm sure the P+D guys are starting to see the improvement in service. It would be good to hear from a couple more P+D guys about it here. DS.

No one from 120 will go up to 123 to help them out. They can choke on it up there and send it right to us at 120, we will and always have got it done. How STUPID would someone be if they went up to 123 to "HELP OUT", they tryed this the last time with 108 terminal with the last change we told them to CHOKE ON IT THEN. Nobody went up and now the work force we have is very senior no one wil go up to 123. CHOKE ON IT AND:tongue0002::puke: send to 120.

how many time have they tried to tear down 120 by letting buffalo work the freight hmmmmm that was always a great idea too

velocity and UE coo starts tonight

Just a simple few thoughts here!
From what I have seen so far the utility thing seems to have a purpose and chance.Aside from the corp wrestling to cut extra expences out of the deal at our expence it does have a purpose.
The whole velocity concept however is a big under thought thing with to little initiative spent on the original focus.
The company needs to clearly define volocity to us all and the customers and "HEY"....how about marking all bills and packages clearly when they are picked up so the velocity terminals could focus all thier attention on this freight specificly. Other freight should be routed around these terminals cause they are really to small to handle all the basic shipments of the company.
Also still in wonder here if they gave any thought to just what this operation will do to all the high dollar time critical and blue ribon shipments. If it works and I was shipping high dollar.....well....guess what!!!!!! for a bit less and only a few hours more why not ship the cheaper way.
Hope this all dont sound stupid and uninformed but I still dont get it. Had the profits and with the state of the economy were in good shape to clean up on other companies shortcomings....If it aint broke dont fix it!
Needed a few nip and tucks....not an overhaul.

Hey hilo............I'm sure the P+D guys are starting to see the improvement in service. It would be good to hear from a couple more P+D guys about it here. DS.
I have seen stuff showing up better. Problem we have is local Managemnt (coarse they say it's corporate) is still in react mode. Stuff fails due to guys not getting out early enough, no room on pedal, ect. We did not bring anybody back yet and untill we throw some bodies at this it will continue. I wonder if anybody is watching and who will take the blame. :nutkick:

sorry....but one more thing!
to the moderators.......I just noticed that the little block on the right is red!?! It has been red since I signed on here and...well...I dont understand how I could have had a little shameless behavior in the past here when I have no past on this site.Ouch....:nutkick:....lol