ABF | Vote Count Begins May 10th @ 8:00 PM TONIGHT!

Hold your breath, gentlemen! Hopefully,...enough guys saw through the false crap, and poor-mouth routine,...to vote "NO"....

But,....if they didn't,....they really bought the proverbial "pig-in-a-poke"....

I can respect a vote either way,......as long as you didn't vote out of ..."fear"...for your job.....

If there is any time in the history of organized Labor,.......that Truck drivers and Freight handlers ....have the absolute upper hand in negotiations,..........it is NOW!

Between the driver shortage,....the Labor shortage in general,.......the LTL employee shortage in particular,........the older average age of LTL employees as compared to the rest of the nation's workforce,......the windfall 15% corporate tax cut,....which dumps piles of money in the companies' collective lap..........the rise of Amazon, and the absolute and critical need for delivery services for packages exceeding UPS or FedEx's size and weight restrictions,........

Any group of LTL truck employees literally has the employer by the proverbial neck,....so to speak......

(.....I would use a lower anatomical reference,......but there is no ...evidence...of corporate "cojones".........that's why they use trickery and deceit instead of.....HONEST negotiations...)

And,.....of course,....we all know of the companies' offhand dismissal of...."driver shortages" and the need for quality freight handling in lieu of a...viable apprentice program...(.......and the IBT's complicity in pushing the corporate agenda,...to our great disgust...)....

They're all Whistling past the Graveyard,..........for the next 24 hours,.........WE will occupy the hearts and minds of the crowd in Fort Smith......For 24 hours,....WE have the power.......

Maybe we can keep it,......Maybe not..........

My understanding is that the results will be released to the Locals that join the conference call at 8:00pm Eastern this evening. Should prove to be very interesting.

No, he said we are authorized to strike. Doesn’t mean anything. Voting no on any contract means your willing to strike. Carhaul had strike authorization too and it went back 3 times. Took well over a year.
This is freight ,Not Carhaul .If you vote no ,you authorize the IBT to call a strike! This happens after they contact the company and if they refuse to resume any negotiations.

This is freight ,Not Carhaul .If you vote no ,you authorize the IBT to call a strike! This happens after they contact the company and if they refuse to resume any negotiations.
No sh?t! What contract have you ever voted on has been any different? If you vote no for any contract you should be prepared to strike. As for this isn’t carhaul. You just plagiarized Ernie.
P.S. they said carhaul’s first offer was the best they could possibly get. Proved them wrong huh?

I don't think locking the gates for about a month is going to bankrupt ArcBest, however, negotiating a bloated labor contract that puts them at a disadvantage in the market place could. Yes was probably the best answer considering what was offered and the fact that ABF cannot, nor should they be expected to rescue the MEP plans. I thought that the company agreeing to pay the current rate when YRC is at 25% was noble. If this doesn't pass some may get that chance at that dream job over at FedEx, XPO, OD, or maybe ole' YRC cause this company will shrink for a while and it may take some time to get enough volume back to get all the lay-offs recalled. Some business may never come back. And I do believe a NO on the Master will lock the gates, as long as ArcBest decides to keep them locked, but it will be called a strike you understand.