ABF | Vote Yes

The proposed move of the Little Rock terminal to Memphis suddenly died out when Roy Slagle got the boot, oh, I mean his sudden retirement. Slagle was a snake in the grass.

Wait a second...... didn't Roy Slagle say he wanted to personally hand out "bonus " checks?

What was his hurry to leave? Where's my "bonus" check? I waited 5 years for one........

Maybe Panther will cut me a retroactive one. After all, .......it was my money that helped build their new Corporate Headquarters .......

No wonder we didn't get "bonuses ".......

Canary, I have a question that may be in your wheel house; I just logged into BallotPoint.com and changed my VOTE again. This is the third time I have changed my VOTE using the same access code. How many times can I do this with the same access code? And which of my 3 votes counts?

Canary, I have a question that may be in your wheel house; I just logged into BallotPoint.com and changed my VOTE again. This is the third time I have changed my VOTE using the same access code. How many times can I do this with the same access code? And which of my 3 votes counts?
The last one you put in until the 8th of this month

There you go, Brother,.........You can do it as often as you like, but the last one on the 8th is the one that counts.

This makes continuance of the debate on the pros and cons,........vital and informative.

I wonder? We were told at the union meeting that you needed a new access code to change you vote. I'm using the same one. I may find it interesting to play with BallotPoint a couple hundred times:wink:.

d96eOz9.jpg

Wait a second...... didn't Roy Slagle say he wanted to personally hand out "bonus " checks?

What was his hurry to leave? Where's my "bonus" check? I waited 5 years for one........

Maybe Panther will cut me a retroactive one. After all, .......it was my money that helped build their new Corporate Headquarters .......

No wonder we didn't get "bonuses ".......

Upper echelon executives have always announced their retirement at least a year in advance usually around the age of 65. Ole roy announced his on Wednesday & was gone Friday. He was several years away from his 65th.

Upper echelon executives have always announced their retirement at least a year in advance usually around the age of 65. Ole roy announced his on Wednesday & was gone Friday. He was several years away from his 65th.
Just my opinion but I believe Roy Slagel was forced out of ABF CEO position because of his tactical use of bankruptcy durring contract negotiations. That is what I took from ABF 8k statements and media reports at the time.

Stop lying it looks stupid. If you can’t keep on topic.

Stop lying it looks stupid. If you can’t keep on topic.
I'm not lying!! What is your proof I'm lying?? Except, as of about 30 minutes ago, I have voted 15 or 16 times. I'm keeping the IBT or whoever is monitoring the data guessing.

Also, I want to know if all my votes are counted. Take a moment, think about it, and you will figure out how I'm testing the electronic voting integrity.

How are you doing in the Beer Game? Have you started the accounting prosses yet? Did you join an in progress game or go solo?

I'm not lying!! What is your proof I'm lying?? Except, as of about 30 minutes ago, I have voted 15 or 16 times. I'm keeping the IBT or whoever is monitoring the data guessing.

Also, I want to know if all my votes are counted. Take a moment, think about it, and you will figure out how I'm testing the electronic voting integrity.

How are you doing in the Beer Game? Have you started the accounting prosses yet? Did you join an in progress game or go solo?
No idea what you are talking about. But enjoy Brothers seeing how stupid you look with all this bs you are talking. You really don’t see how dumb you look. I’m glad you feel so strong against me that you would even think about voting many times.

I voted once and that was all I needed to vote. By your post I can now see why the public thinks we are stupid. Keep voting.

No idea what you are talking about. But enjoy Brothers seeing how stupid you look with all this bs you are talking. You really don’t see how dumb you look. I’m glad you feel so strong against me that you would even think about voting many times.

I voted once and that was all I needed to vote. By your post I can now see why the public thinks we are stupid. Keep voting.
Is the reason you only voted once because you are not intellient (smart to keep it simple for you) enough to understand how to vote again? Do you need help? All you have to do is ask. Someone will probably make it simple for you!

You must think this is a joke. Well its not and ABF is not the only company this will affect either way the vote turns out! So do us all a favor a cut the childish posts until the contract is settled....

Just stopped to stretch my legs and VOTE YES!!

I hope you're saving your "NO" vote for the very last one, Brother. Interesting experiment,.....How do you.."verify"...what your final vote was?

Or,...does the electronic tally.."pick".....which vote is your..."final"...vote? (....Sorry,....for that to happen,...someone would have to be manipulating the electronic tally...)

It will be interesting to see if the inaugural electronic voting procedure goes off without a hitch,....and can be independently verified.

If you're voting "YES",.......then we haven't done a good enough job convincing you to vote "NO".........

Are you convinced this is the "best deal"?....Are you convinced this is the "only deal"? Do you see problems for de-funding of pensions in the future? Is there any corporate "explanation" that resonates with you as to why they can't restore the vacation schedule in the same year that ArcBest receives a 15% corporate tax windfall?

How about wages,......which are abysmally low,....compared to the rest of he LTL industry? How about further use of Purchased Transportation,...which directly acts on road drivers?

If I were an active employee,.....I would be voting "NO", just as I had on the last two contracts,.....AND the "beg back"......Time justified all my votes,...........They didn't go "bankrupt" in 2008,..or 2013,....nor did YRC "buy" them in 2013......

They built new corporate headquarters for BOTH ArcBest and Panther,...expanded their "asset-light" acquisitions,...handed out corporate bonuses and stock options like candy,.....shareholders received dividends,.........but for ....FIVE years ......we came THISCLOSE.......to a "bonus",...as prescribed in the contract.........Oh, so close!...just a tiny percentage point away!

Yeah, Right.........Who was doing the "accounting"?.........Fox watching the henhouse again?

Just for those reasons alone,.....would I refuse their first offer,......and then get them back to the table for some....Real Negotiations......

(...OR,...they close.......Shuts off the Goose that Lays the Golden Egg for ArcBest.....Angry shareholders all over.........Middle management,...and lower....out of work........

ALL truckdrivers employed by someone else....WITHIN A WEEK.....)

Who is Bluffing Who?