ABF | Vote Yes

I don't give a :::shit::: about that. Their offering us a package that's better than our peers. it's gonna pass, don't know why I bother with this board

I'll tell you why you're on this board... it's either you're a company kiss ass that's running scared because you realize that you may just end up having to stand up for yourself for a change or you're a company plant here on their behalf. So you tell me... which is it?

I can see your intentions, but you can't stop what already happened. Yrc is last Nmfa company so it looks like we're just about out of options , meaning were backed in a corner. No need to Remove the bag... I'm fully aware of my surroundings

They can spend their check on what they want and I'll spend mine. Who gives a :::shit::: what they bought. They can invest in what they want. We just trade our time for a check and pay dues for others to give us a green light when it's good. Just got the text a minute ago from the teamsters saying it's good. So why should I not believe them? We pay em ....explain
They can spend their check on what they want and I'll spend mine. Who gives a :::shit::: what they bought. They can invest in what they want. We just trade our time for a check and pay dues for others to give us a green light when it's good. Just got the text a minute ago from the teamsters saying it's good. So why should I not believe them? We pay em ....explain
Everone should give a ::shit:: what they bought!! We financed it with the 7% cut in pay & the weeks vacation we lost....

I can see your intentions, but you can't stop what already happened. Yrc is last Nmfa company so it looks like we're just about out of options , meaning were backed in a corner. No need to Remove the bag... I'm fully aware of my surroundings

Wrong again... you're not backed in the corner... you're hiding in the corner. Do you now need me to explain that difference to you?

How about giving me 7% of your pay... I have my eye on this new mustang that I want to buy? The reason I'm asking you... I know you won't give a crap what I buy with it... right?

You'll still be here reguardless of what happens

Just when will people like you get it... it's not about me... it's all about you guys still working and those who are still yet to come. The Teamster way... try and make it just a little bit better when you leave than when you came. Not... It's about me and now and the hell with the rest to come!!!

I like to know where all you people were at the last contract??????
I voted no last time. and it past. No one stood up and said nooooo You all believed YRC was going to buy use unless we voted yes!!!!! Now you want to vote NO. Just a reminder A no vote is a strike vote!!!!!!!!! 3 days later ABF WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS.
NO MORE ABF. This is not a threat. It is fact. Good luck Brothers. Vote yes

Arcbest is not able to stand alone as a company. Like it or not ABF is still their cash cow. Of course they try and make ABF look as unprofitable as they can. Taking upack, relocube and timekeeper revenue and giving the profits to ABF logistics while ABF does the work. Judy knows she would be out of million dollar a year job if ABF shut down, It won't happen.

You'll still be here reguardless of what happens

Well, Rollin......You had....how many years?......at Con-Way,.....and yet you chose to quit and come to ABF...

Or,....at least,.....that's what you told us, anyway. Can you tell us the reason you came to a Unionized carrier? In hindsight, Con-Way/XPO is now paying more by-the-hour than ABF,.......If it was purely about the money, then you've made a terrible error.

If it was about real job protection in a rapidly changing industry,.......a real pension not subject to the vagaries of the stock market right up to the day you "retire"...........Health care that didn't require paying back part of your paycheck to your employer.....with no rhyme or reason.......( other than the employer's ability to "adjust" labor costs )...........so your employer will..."maintain".....your health insurance plan...... An actual voice and VOTE on how much your compensation should be set by, based on market and Labor conditions......

If it was about all of those things,.......then surely you've "lost your focus" on what truly matters......Having been on this board as long as you,....if not longer,........I distinctly remember you saying the same sort of tune way, way back in 2013........You said ABF will be "out of business" if we voted "NO"....

Yet there were 7 Supplemental areas that voted down the contract,......causing a months-long delay in negotiations , and requiring a second vote......YRC did not "buy us",.....as was "threatened"....in trucking trade papers.......ABF did not fold,...did not lose all their customers,.....did not lose their ability to buy new equipment and purchase three non-Union entities,...nor not be able to build new Corporate Headquarters for ArcBest and Panther..........In fact,......it was "business as usual" within a week of contract ratification....

"Business as usual".........except for the employees who lost wages and vacation time with their families for five years.......

Now,.....supposedly,.....you've "hitched your wagon"....to ABF. You.....supposedly,.....are taking lower wages, in the hopes of a future GOOD retirement.....That would be the "trade-off", wouldn't it?

So.....WHY are you willing to vote for a contract.......immediately.......that CRIPPLES your future retirement plan?

Truly,.....are you that......"young".....that it is ...ONLY ABOUT THE MONEY? and the Heck with the Future....?

Union jobs are ...career jobs. They expect you to stay for thirty or so years. Employment-at-will jobs are long-term inasmuch as you "win" the daily popularity contest with your local management people.......Money is the only enticement at a non-Union job.........

Did you make a.....mistake....by leaving Con-Way?............

I don't give a :::shit::: about that. Their offering us a package that's better than our peers. it's gonna pass, don't know why I bother with this board
You're exactly right! Retired guys with nothing else to do, wanting ABF to save their broke pension funds on here hollering vote it down. Well ArcBest doesn't pay me, their CUSTOMERS do! And THEY see the offer we have. To vote this down is a slap in the mouth to THEM. My stuff is paid for and I could get a job tomorrow if need be, but ones like ABF are very few, but if it's not suiting ya', don't let the door hit ya' too hard on them butt cheeks. I can assure you my retirement will have very limited keyboard time....you guys ever saw a fishin' pole? That vacation and pay cut we gave up last time was to keep your pension contributions up, this time ABF said NO MORE! A NO vote will get you increases in pension contributions but will they have to give the vacation and raise back?......and give Congress another 5 years to kick the can down the road?....with less money to start the rehab from. These pensions have got to be adjusted and closed and 25 or 30 yr. bonds sold on them to keep them solvent and payout a decent check to those vested in them. I'm sorry everyone is going to take a haircut, retirees and future retirees. The sooner the better it's gone be. Ya'll have a nice day and VOTE your conscience. And by the way, I have nearly 31 yrs. paid in CSPF, and I hope to collect on some of it, but I will be OK if I never see a dime of it.

Last edited:
You're exactly right! Retired guys with nothing else to do, wanting ABF to save their broke pension funds on here hollering vote it down. Well ArcBest doesn't pay me, their CUSTOMERS do! And THEY see the offer we have. To vote this down is a slap in the mouth to THEM. My stuff is paid for and I could get a job tomorrow if need be, but ones like ABF are very few, but if it's not suiting ya', don't let the door hit ya' too hard on them butt cheeks. I can assure you my retirement will have very limited keyboard time....you guys ever saw a fishin' pole?
Your an ass hole go back to Conway men died for this and you just want to cave in

You're exactly right! Retired guys with nothing else to do, wanting ABF to save their broke pension funds on here hollering vote it down. Well ArcBest doesn't pay me, their CUSTOMERS do! And THEY see the offer we have. To vote this down is a slap in the mouth to THEM. My stuff is paid for and I could get a job tomorrow if need be, but ones like ABF are very few, but if it's not suiting ya', don't let the door hit ya' too hard on them butt cheeks. I can assure you my retirement will have very limited keyboard time....you guys ever saw a fishin' pole?
I’m not retired & a lot are not who post here, sorry I don’t live in Mayberry and work at a 4 man barn. Bigger barns bigger problems you need to get out more & see the other side of the country. P.s I’m not into fishing in 38* temperatures....

Tell us again why you left YRC... right after voting for their concessions nonetheless? Then you come to ABF... vote for their concessions. Now... once again... here you are... willing to give up more. Tell me... just when will it be time for you to move on from ABF? When there's nothing more for you to give here also?

You just may be right on your retirement not involving a keyboard... just a fishing pole. After all... that just might be the only way you will be able to put food on the table so you best be getting good at it!

You're exactly right! Retired guys with nothing else to do, wanting ABF to save their broke pension funds on here hollering vote it down. Well ArcBest doesn't pay me, their CUSTOMERS do! And THEY see the offer we have. To vote this down is a slap in the mouth to THEM. My stuff is paid for and I could get a job tomorrow if need be, but ones like ABF are very few, but if it's not suiting ya', don't let the door hit ya' too hard on them butt cheeks. I can assure you my retirement will have very limited keyboard time....you guys ever saw a fishin' pole? That vacation and pay cut we gave up last time was to keep your pension contributions up, this time ABF said NO MORE! A NO vote will get you increases in pension contributions but will they have to give the vacation and raise back?......and give Congress another 5 years to kick the can down the road?....with less money to start the rehab from. These pensions have got to be adjusted and closed and 25 or 30 yr. bonds sold on them to keep them solvent and payout a decent check to those vested in them. I'm sorry everyone is going to take a haircut, retirees and future retirees. The sooner the better it's gone be. Ya'll have a nice day and VOTE your conscience. And by the way, I have nearly 31 yrs. paid in CSPF, and I hope to collect on some of it, but I will be OK if I never see a dime of it.

5802437754.jpg

You probably wouldn't be willing to die for anything, and wouldn't work for less than that!

Here you are having the audacity to talk about people willing to die for something when you aren't even man enough to stand up for yourself just to keep what you have. Just keep on giving till there's nothing left to give then move on like you did at YRC... and now like you are doing with ABF!

But then again... you'd expect as much coming from one who's proud to be labeled a traitor.

That's a good one Docker. Much better fisherman than Turkey hunter, but I assure you I will hone my skills on both Lord willing in my retirement years. Don't see a lot of Trucking Boards in my retirement.

Here you are having the audacity to talk about people willing to die for something when you aren't even man enough to stand up for yourself just to keep what you have. Just keep on giving till there's nothing left to give then move on like you did at YRC... and now like you are doing with ABF!

But then again... you'd expect as much coming from one who's proud to be labeled a traitor.
It's a handle...to irritate tough guys like you
I was given an opportunity....I took it