ODFL | Wage meeting

Settle down. No reason to bad mouth the owners. It's better than before. Last night I heard we had a whole lot of Seattle bound trailers sitting. Get off the lawn mower and work. You could of picked up some extra money. Heck, if I didn't have to reset, I would be running today.

Got to live brother, not going to be pushing daisies in a OD truck.

I'm happy with the raise. I'd be happy without the raise. As long as the company remains competitive and we stay busy, that's all I care about. I have the best job in the LTL business, and I work out of one of the best terminals. I drive brand new equipment every year. And as a linehaul driver I can get daylight schedules - that in itself is like hitting the jackpot. We have our issues like any other terminal, but HAR is a great place to work, and ODFL allows my family to live very comfortably.

I feel like line haul drivers are definitely happier at OD then city drivers. When you talk about OD being a great company look at the big picture. I don't need to keep repeating what I think the issue is here. The way I see it OD gave just enough to keep the majority happy for another year. The accepted mentality these days is be happy with what you got. I know many will disagree and that's ok, but with OD's OT policy I think they're ungrateful for the sacrifices the city guys make for them. It won't change unless the law changes, and then suddenly they'll find the money to pay it like the others or like they do in the states that require it. So for now no reason to keep beating the dead horse. I'll just keep telling myself it could always be worse.

They were pretty serious about it. You will be terminated if you continue to violate the policy after being warned.

Well I won't because I quit smoking several years ago, but when the terminal manager is out at the butt can burning a heater with the everyone else I bet that rule will get overlooked.

I feel like line haul drivers are definitely happier at OD then city drivers. When you talk about OD being a great company look at the big picture. I don't need to keep repeating what I think the issue is here. The way I see it OD gave just enough to keep the majority happy for another year. The accepted mentality these days is be happy with what you got. I know many will disagree and that's ok, but with OD's OT policy I think they're ungrateful for the sacrifices the city guys make for them. It won't change unless the law changes, and then suddenly they'll find the money to pay it like the others or like they do in the states that require it. So for now no reason to keep beating the dead horse. I'll just keep telling myself it could always be worse.
Really. Go to line on the next opening. Most of our runs are day runs. I get upset with people that bad mouth the owners of our company. But they think that they're the only reason that we survive. I quit a company that paid OT to come here. I accepted it.

Really. Go to line on the next opening. Most of our runs are day runs. I get upset with people that bad mouth the owners of our company. But they think that they're the only reason that we survive. I quit a company that paid OT to come here. I accepted it.

No one cares what you did. It don't mean everyone else needs to quit or change titles just because those #CheapCongdons won't do the right thing. I really feel bad for my brother city and dock workers today around the country who once again got the lower end of the deal.

Remember, you're only valued by NC if you just hold a steering wheel all night. Peddling freight or breaking trailers of tires must be easy work in the #CheapCongdons eyes. Us peashants don't need big money for doing a hard back breaking honest day's work, we'd do it for free before taking the easy way out.

No one cares what you did. It don't mean everyone else needs to quit or change titles just because those #CheapCongdons won't do the right thing. I really feel bad for my brother city and dock workers today around the country who once again got the lower end of the deal.

Remember, you're only valued by NC if you just hold a steering wheel all night. Peddling freight or breaking trailers of tires must be easy work in the #CheapCongdons eyes. Us peashants don't need big money for doing a hard back breaking honest day's work, we'd do it for free before taking the easy way out.
We'll even cut the boss man's grass

Billy I'm not putting any of you city driver's down. I know what you do. I understand that you probably are better at it than some young new guy. I agree with what the topic is here. It's a thankless job. Trust me, I've done the same. Most of the dock workers are part time cuz of Obamacare crap. I see the city and line having to fix things before they leave. I'm not against y'all. I just keep quiet cuz it's not my issue. Trust me line has slackers also, just as city does. Who picks up the slack? The Old School driver's. I hear you.

Doesn't affect me, but going to be a lot of upset and
They never mention salary in the meeting. Salary gets a comparable amount to hourly. Based on this, you should see around 3%.

Yeah I know it's usually around 3% last year was my first year salary, and I got 3%. I was told by some older salaried guys they got 4% before, not sure what year that was. I'm not complaining about 3% though!

100 dollar stock price, 22 percent growth and we get 80 cents and 1.9 for line with no mention of OT, thanks #CheapCongdons
Worked at FedEx Freight, they paid overtime till they hired tons of people. Then it was 35 to 42 hr every week. I wish they would of had straight time when I was there.

Worked at FedEx Freight, they paid overtime till they hired tons of people. Then it was 35 to 42 hr every week. I wish they would of had straight time when I was there.
I know plenty of guys that work for all the companies that pay ot. All of them are working 55+ here in the northeast. Hiring more guys and buying more trucks is way more expensive than paying overtime.

I agree WAW...best move I made coming back to a job I liked.. Pay is good but I did ask the HR guy at the meeting why is it like pulling teeth to get the drop and hook pay increased...He said he had the same question asked multible times at SAIA where he was before OD and same thing.. would rather give CPM raise than increase the other..who knows..all in all, I have no problems here except when a relay driver drops a trailer 22,380 lbs and has no scale ticket (and their terminal has a printer) or even couldn't"t take the time to put it on the manifest..that stuff needs to stop, as you said, were one big team trying to be the best LTL..even Billy will agree to that.. So I went to the port of entry that was closed and as I pulled on the scale to check weigh, guess who stepps out of their car..the weigh master..I was legal with both and topped out at 78990 so a long ride home...Lets help each other so it doesn't cost guys their time doing what should be done at the terminal before departing

I agree WAW...best move I made coming back to a job I liked.. Pay is good but I did ask the HR guy at the meeting why is it like pulling teeth to get the drop and hook pay increased...He said he had the same question asked multible times at SAIA where he was before OD and same thing.. would rather give CPM raise than increase the other..who knows..all in all, I have no problems here except when a relay driver drops a trailer 22,380 lbs and has no scale ticket (and their terminal has a printer) or even couldn't"t take the time to put it on the manifest..that stuff needs to stop, as you said, were one big team trying to be the best LTL..even Billy will agree to that.. So I went to the port of entry that was closed and as I pulled on the scale to check weigh, guess who stepps out of their car..the weigh master..I was legal with both and topped out at 78990 so a long ride home...Lets help each other so it doesn't cost guys their time doing what should be done at the terminal before departing

Go to the scale on 14 that's always closed before attempting that again. Got to love lazy BOI drivers.