R&L | wages

Credits
R/L, in my opinion and at my location anyway, is a very good company to work for.It advertises itself as the premier LTL carrier.It has good wages , good benefits and some very attractive other benefits.However, these benefits do not give you cash in your pocket to pay the bills.UPS freight also says it is the premier ltl carrier and they just came out with a new contract ; nine! paid holidays and raises of 2008 (65c) 2009 (70c) 2010 (75c) 2011 (80 c) 2012 (85c) and 2013 (90c) .Looking at inflation of 4.1% in 2007 it means that ,( even though they get their nice raises) they really will only move backwards as far as buying power is concerned. So, will R/L step up to the plate and give us more? Now that the expansion to nationwide is done and you see on everything that this company is making money, it is high time to switch some resources to the pay of the employees.We also make this company possible!

ask Matt K where it is , more sick personal days would be nice also ,I dont see it happening tho money has a way of making those who have it forget where they get it from ... seems the bigger they have gotten the more they forget about us in the trenches ( unless you forget to do one of the hundred thing you have to do b4 being a driver ) I have been here 8 years and yeh im happy here but they seem to be losing focus .

Do you get OT after eight? You should file a class action if you dont. Hourly drivers should get OT after eight. You all should band togehter with other carriers and get the law changed.

I don't understand why people like r+l so much. No OT pay is kinda lame. I'd be too paranoid that they'd expect me to work 70hours a week on the city like SAIA. And also the PJ thing; I would be VERY mad if the company I work for started having me rent my pallet jack. Its not the money, I can afford it... it's the principle of it. It's required to do the job! It's their responsibility to provide required tools to do your job. Not to mention once they start their, it makes it easier in the future for them to ask you to start paying for other things, how about the fuel while you're at it.
I'm not trying to be harsh, it's an honest question that I don't understand the answer. But then again that may be why I don't work at r+l. I have to say this though, I've never met an R+L driver in a bad mood.

ask Matt Kensith where it is , more sick personal days would be nice also ,I dont see it happening tho money has a way of making those who have it forget where they get it from ... seems the bigger they have gotten the more they forget about us in the trenches ( unless you forget to do one of the hundred thing you have to do b4 being a driver ) I have been here 8 years and yeh im happy here but they seem to be losing focus .
WELCOME aboard.... Very good post!!!!!!!! I belive the family has no clue whats happening to their company..... I've realized it's the idiot managers that are sinking the ship:hide:..... I've never meet a supervisor or manager that can think on their own....

i dont know what you all are talking about on the pallet jack thing in this post and the other one, but at my barn we dont have to buy one, R&L buys it for us.

i dont know what you all are talking about on the pallet jack thing in this post and the other one, but at my barn we dont have to buy one, R&L buys it for us.

Go to the, a suggestion for R&L thread and read freightgal's post about the drivers buying there own equipment???:chairshot:

I have to say this though, I've never met an R+L driver in a bad mood.

That's a laugh. Around here, morale is lower than whale dung. That happens when they keep sticking you with residentials that nobody called on, and having to unload the truck and reload it the right way every morning.

They must not have that problem in your neck of the woods.

Same as always thats my guess....... Doubt it would be more.... Always wishing for a couple more personal days...... They can keep the resorts and contests, i'll take more personal/vacation time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you get OT after eight? You should file a class action if you dont. Hourly drivers should get OT after eight. You all should band togehter with other carriers and get the law changed.

Under the current law carriers are exempt from paying overtime unless they are really nice guys or you have a labor agreement.

The following are examples of employees exempt from the overtime pay requirements only:

* Certain commissioned employees of retail or service establishments;

* Auto, truck, trailer, farm implement, boat, or aircraft salespersons employed by non‑manufacturing establishments primarily engaged in selling these items to ultimate purchasers;

* Auto, truck, or farm implement parts‑clerks and mechanics employed by non‑manufacturing establishments primarily engaged in selling these items to ultimate purchasers;

* Railroad and air carrier employees, taxi drivers, certain employees of motor carriers, seamen on American vessels, and local delivery employees paid on approved trip rate plans;

The link to this info:

Compliance Assistance Employment Law Guide - Minimum Wage and Overtime Pay

Go to the, a suggestion for R&L thread and read freightgal's post about the drivers buying there own equipment???:chairshot:

like i said, i work for R&L and i do P&D and DONT have to buy my own stuff, telling me to go to that post was pointless. pallet jack and hand truck are provided for me. i guess i am just in a good barn. i was just asking if i am in the minority on not having to buy my own stuff

like i said, i work for R&L and i do P&D and DONT have to buy my own stuff, telling me to go to that post was pointless. pallet jack and hand truck are provided for me. i guess i am just in a good barn. i was just asking if i am in the minority on not having to buy my own stuff
You must be out west..... They did not make the new expansion barns buy any equipment. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't have to waste money on something I belive R&L should provide:chairshot:!!!!!!!!!! I think from Kansas City on west those drivers did not have to buy the equipment..... What a slap in the face to the rest of us:chairshot::nutkick:!!!!!!